PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind Bugs...

Fixxer
06-16-2002, 02:26 AM
So just how many bugs /locks have you found /had ?

I usually make it a rule to save at least every hour, sometimes every 30min or less tho depending on what has happend. I've been caught with my pants down a few times tho :o Early on I had a short sword that would cause a lock when it broke. It would switch me to hand to hand and then hard lock. Then just recently I got stuck in a dialog screen talking to a person in Ebonheart (I think thats what its called).... It was in the Eastside company or something like that. I asked him about Morrowind Lore or law (can't remember) and it would always go back up to the top of the topic when I clicked "continue".

I can forgive the errors tho, since its so massive.... There's no way you could find every bug in a game this size.

khaos2005
06-16-2002, 11:10 AM
When you jump on rope fences, sometimes you get stuck.

In Balmora, the thieves guild guy that removes prices on your head, sometimes never charges me to do it, even when I don't have enough money to cover it anyways. I certainly don't mind that one.

Once in a while it hard locks on me. It's happened twice.

I could care less though. This game is the best game ever.

Tkf5000
06-16-2002, 07:02 PM
Morrowind has many bugs, literally and non-literally. But thanfully most of them are little things. They are easy to look past. If you have not purchased this game yet dont get all scared of bugs because there are a lot but they are hardly noticable.

UnitedKingdom
06-17-2002, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by Tkf5000
Morrowind has many bugs, literally and non-literally. But thanfully most of them are little things. They are easy to look past. If you have not purchased this game yet dont get all scared of bugs because there are a lot but they are hardly noticable.

Had me scared for a while there, can't wait til its released in the uk.

lasolas
06-17-2002, 01:02 PM
I experienced pure frustration last night...I bumped into someone who asked me if i could transport a slave. I said "yes". I had to walk from one town (can't remember the name" to Balmora...it took forever to walk it...no transport in between...anway, I finally got to Balmora...on the way I would constantly have to stop because the slave couldn't keep up...but anway, when I got to Balmora, I was looking for the person to deliver the slave to, and after going in and out of a couple of buildings, the slave lost me and I looked for a half hour for her in every building I went into...I looked EVERYWHERE! well, after my search turned up void...I had to go back and do it again...this time making sure I never got too far ahead of the slave.

One more thing...I noticed that the pilot of the stilt strider in Balmora has dissapeared. Very strange, but he's no where to be found...he's not standing up on the pirch like he used to be.

Tkf5000
06-17-2002, 01:13 PM
Strange. Ive walked in and out of buildings many times and ran ahead of the people a lot. One problem was i quiksaved and the woman stopped following me. No matter what i did she wouldnt move (i even hit her lol). But it was a easy problem to solve all i had to do was load the game back. I saved many times and this didnt happen it only happened once and i dont know why. That was the biggest bug i encountered through the whole game and it was easily fixed. Another easily fixed problem was jumping off roofs onto signs (ex, south wall theives guild). You can easily fix that by pushing jump a couple times.

Dre
06-17-2002, 01:52 PM
The game will sometimes give me a "Your disc is dirty or damaged" where I lose everything since my last save and the game starts back at the intro screen. The disc is spotless however...I've also had the game jam on me when I was flicking through magic spells, items and scrolls really quickly. Its like it couldn't keep up, especially when I get to the amulets.

EHWfedPres
06-17-2002, 08:12 PM
the silt strider guy in Ald-ruhn in my game isnt on his perch either, he's under it. I dont know what happened.

Also, in my friend's game, he has a barbarian lady and a guard in the water in Balmora...I dont have any idea what happened there...

Tkf5000
06-18-2002, 01:23 PM
Theres a guard in my water in ebonhart too. everytime he tries to get out i stand in his way. its funny watchin him swim around. one time i found him dead! And my game had a disc error once. I started a new game and i showed the eroor.the second and last time it said disk error and saved to another file called restore (backup file). so even if it does have erors it saves. it only happened 2 times both were in the starting town, seyda neen.