PDA

View Full Version : I got kicked out of a store for defending the Xbox!!!

guitargod711
06-16-2002, 10:22 AM
I was in video game exchange in my area and the sales rep was saying how the gamecube was superior to the xbox. He said resident evil looked better than anything on the xbox past present or future. I told the guy( who wanted to buy an xbox) that this guy was a jerk, and he was trying to sell him a gamecube cause they had no xbox's in stock. They had many returned gamecubes. He told me to get out or he will call the cops. I told him to kiss my a$$ and to take his info and stick it up his a$$.I was going to buy an s- video cable from there , so i threw it at his face behind the counter, flipped him the bird and walked out. The guy (who wanted an xbox) also left and we went to best buy, he bought an xbox and I went to his house and we had a halo fest and got really trashed. Pretty cool heh?:cool:

wweomaniac
06-16-2002, 10:26 AM
hell yeah!

Rusted Gundam
06-16-2002, 10:27 AM
Hell yea, I hate those ***g0ts who try to sell you something you clearly didnt want. Im glad our eB is Pro-XBox so I can chat with them and stuff.

Well Im glad you helped your friend out

Xbox Owner
06-16-2002, 10:40 AM
LMAO! That was great, you flicked him the birdy.:cool: :)

khaos2005
06-16-2002, 11:11 AM
Nice going man!

FuNkY mOnK
06-16-2002, 11:14 AM
I own xbox and gamecube, grant it Resedent evil is beautifully done on gamecube but keep in mind that the background is pre-rendered. Hardly anything to brag about, ps1 can handle that, to some degree.

Kilik
06-16-2002, 11:19 AM
Good point fuNk moNK, BUT I don't have to worry cuz my EB is
also pro xbox.

Snoopy7548
06-16-2002, 11:25 AM
lol. my babbages is pro-xbox i think. i dont think my toy works likes the xbox though. i went in a couple of weeks ago, and asked them if they had hunter, and they said that they've never heard of the game, lol:D

Magnum Blast
06-16-2002, 11:36 AM
Yeah the EB near me seems to be pro Xbox as well.

FuNkY mOnK
06-16-2002, 11:36 AM
My eb fellow gamers hadn’t touched their ps2 in the last two months! And if you ask them which console of choice to buy its xbox, xbox and xbox hands down. Game cube on the other hand will shed some light on their existence when Zelda metroid and Mario make their 128-bit debut. How many games are out for Game cube 4?

Kooster
06-16-2002, 12:32 PM
thats awesome! :D

Kev Van Dam
06-16-2002, 12:33 PM
xbox will always be better than gamecube NO QUESTION ASKS.....its plain and simple...

DIGITAL
06-16-2002, 12:45 PM
you should of took a wiss on the gamecube,my friend did that to a ps2 in the target it by me ,he was just drunk though ,no arguments or anything he just thought it would be funny!

Young_Fledgling
06-16-2002, 01:55 PM
guitar god that takes guts... nice work... i would have laughed my a$$ off if i was there! Hahah funny you guys played halo after.

Veno
06-16-2002, 01:58 PM
So first you defended the xbox in a store, then you and a stranger went to best buy, bought an xbox and halo, and went to his house where he raped you, i mean where you played halo.

dave_m123
06-16-2002, 02:00 PM
LOL you helped somoene you dident know choose an Xbox then you went round to his house and played multiplayer Halo. HEHE i think that proves that Xbox brings people together :D.

Plewis
06-16-2002, 02:05 PM
gr8 story... although I dont think its entirely true;) but if it is thats awesome:cool:

Veno
06-16-2002, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Plewis
gr8 story... although I dont think its entirely true;) but if it is thats awesome:cool:

Yeah, it really does sound like a ***** ass lie if i ever saw one. But whatever. Get raped.

dethfan
06-16-2002, 02:25 PM
*cough* bull****. ;)

GRAVEDIGGER
06-16-2002, 02:31 PM
Well i've gotta say that the end of your story doesnt quite come together, about "this guy" and going home to play Halo with the kid and whatnot..

Anyways, its great that you defended the XBOX man.

Untill next time...:mad:

E-Xbox
06-16-2002, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by guitargod711
I was in video game exchange in my area and the sales rep was saying how the gamecube was superior to the xbox. He said resident evil looked better than anything on the xbox past present or future. I told the guy( who wanted to buy an xbox) that this guy was a jerk, and he was trying to sell him a gamecube cause they had no xbox's in stock. They had many returned gamecubes. He told me to get out or he will call the cops. I told him to kiss my a$$ and to take his info and stick it up his a$$.I was going to buy an s- video cable from there , so i threw it at his face behind the counter, flipped him the bird and walked out. The guy (who wanted an xbox) also left and we went to best buy, he bought an xbox and I went to his house and we had a halo fest and got really trashed. Pretty cool heh?:cool:
yo..
sweet man!!!
flip that bird!
hehe

peace

guitargod711
06-16-2002, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by GRAVEDIGGER
Well i've gotta say that the end of your story doesnt quite come together, about "this guy" and going home to play Halo with the kid and whatnot..

Anyways, its great that you defended the XBOX man.

Untill next time...:mad:

No you guys. This dude worked with one of my friends awhile back and has a fine a$$ woman. I think my intentions were to actually hook him up with a box and then screw his woman. even better heh:cool:

Either way he's an xgamer now!!! P.S I couldn't score with his woman:confused:

DZNUTZ
06-17-2002, 02:16 PM
i'm always sticking my nose in other folks biz when i'm at a gamestore. chit...half the time i KNOW i know more then friggin employees......damn i should get paid by MS for promoting the xbox so damn much

btw.....i would have scored with that guys fine a$$ woman;) :cool:

thAshAdyOne
06-17-2002, 02:44 PM
if it was me i mioght have ended up strangling the guy with the cord. nice job of controlling urself

EHWfedPres
06-17-2002, 08:04 PM
I only go to EB because I know the employees and they are all fair. Plus I like telling people off when they say that the Xbox needs a remote to play dvd's. I like to say to them "So your going to buy a $300 video game system just to play dvd's? Thats what dvd players are for." And then the person looks like a fool and walks out.

robnyack
06-17-2002, 09:39 PM
Yeah the EB near me seems to be pro Xbox as well.

we have the exact opposite here with our local EB store (Nanuet NY). They seem to be heavily pro-GC and anti-xbox. I can't figure out why they would take this stand. I would guess it's just the opinion of the store clerks, but I often wonder what the manager would think if he/she knew that the employees were bad-mouthing products that their store carries and tries to sell.

Me and my partner argued about this bias for some time. I was not completely sold that there was a bias (I was suggesting that maybe WE were the ones with the bias), but when I called on the release day of Outlaw Golf to see if they had it, the guy answers the phone with, "Electronic Boutique, your home for Nintendos Gamecube and Gamecube's upcoming best-seller, Eternal Darkness".

What the hell is all that about???

That convinced me right there, they are biased.

greggp666
06-17-2002, 10:47 PM
Rob i go to the same store you do.i think most of the staff is fair on all consols.but i know two are really hardcore GC fans.

when they pick up the phone and say there openin line thats because they have to.the D/M has them saying differnt things everyweek.EB has deals with every company and i guess this week was the GC.

but i could be wrong:confused:

rocksback
06-18-2002, 01:08 AM
Man I know how you feel. I used to work in the elec. dept. at wal-mart and my boss told me I had to try to sell the gamecubes because we were out of xbox and nobody would buy a ps2 due to no memory cards. I told him that if they bought one took it home and came back and cussed me out . I was gonna tell them my boss MADE me sell this to you. Sure enough the very next day a man called who I sold one to. I handed my manager the phone and he didn't like what was said to him. When he got off he looked at me with disgust and I just said see what gamecube is doing to the world. But if you want me to sell junk. I guess I'll have to do my job.

Nerrad529
06-18-2002, 02:03 AM
Good job I would of done the same thing!!!!!

JJaX
06-18-2002, 07:47 AM

So you pick up dudes at videogame stores huH??
Thats sick...........

Yannie Boy
06-18-2002, 08:02 AM
Good job xbox owners should always stick up for it. I can tell you if you go to any EBX they'll favor gamecube over xbox because pikmin is fun. What type of **** is that?!

Taranis
06-18-2002, 08:18 AM
The guy (who wanted an xbox) also left and we went to best buy, he bought an xbox and I went to his house and we had a halo fest and got really trashed. :cool: I'm sure there's a Penthouse Letter that starts like this.

Spike Minoda
06-18-2002, 01:07 PM
the eb in tracy always shoes xbox gme footage on their tv's and they have a gamecube pyramid like 10 high. :D

the xboxs always get sold fast here

tech
06-18-2002, 01:15 PM
Very mature guitargod711. Grow up people. Its only a video game system.

SpIdeRmAn2099
06-18-2002, 01:32 PM
Haha, good job I would of done the same thing. By the way Im new here :)

E-Xbox
06-18-2002, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by SpIdeRmAn2099
Haha, good job I would of done the same thing. By the way Im new here :)
hey man!
welcome to xba!!!

peace

Monga
06-18-2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Taranis
I'm sure there's a Penthouse Letter that starts like this.
]
:D ROFL.... YA AND GAMECUBE SUXxx040s04RZZz.......

jk

Snoopy7548
06-18-2002, 05:18 PM
g@ycube suxx0rz!! xb0x roxx0rz!!! 0h m@n, i @m s0 133t! this i$ $0 @wes0me!! l0lz!:D :cool: haha

Xbox Owner
06-18-2002, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
g@ycube suxx0rz!! xb0x roxx0rz!!! 0h m@n, i @m s0 133t! this i$ $0 @wes0me!! l0lz!:D :cool: haha

What in the blue hell?:confused:

E-Xbox
06-18-2002, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by XBox Owner
What in the blue hell?:confused:
hes trying to be a cool h4x0r
to bad hes not
muaahhaha

peace

Snoopy7548
06-18-2002, 07:08 PM
y0 s0n! im s0 1337! i wi11 h4x0r y0ur 'put3r! lol, j/k:D

Spike Minoda
06-18-2002, 10:14 PM
Do what you gotta do for ol' XBox!

robnyack
06-19-2002, 09:01 AM
hey greg. That's right, I forgot we are "neighbors". I agree it's a couple of the guys in that EB store that have a major GC bias (as a GC owner, I have no idea how they possible can!). That is fine, but, at the same time, they also have a xbox anti-bias and badmouth xbox whenever they get a chance to the customers. I don't think that is very proper....especially when their store is trying to sell all 3 types of consoles.

Another thing I don't like about EB (the one in Nanuet and in general)....look at the xbox display....it's always a mess. It's too small, and you cannot possibly find the game you are looking for. Then look at the other displays....nice and roomie, all titles displayed. I don't even go to the xbox display when I want a new xbox game, I just go to the register and ask the guy is they got any new xbox games in.

The one thing about EB though, when my first xbox kept freezing up on me, I took it back and I walked out the door with a brand new one right on the spot. So, that was cool.

Spaztic
06-19-2002, 11:47 AM

This story kicks ass!!!! Next time this happens pull your pants down and take a fat dump right on there counter. Oh yeah also bring a digital camera to get there expression! I am sure they will never try to suggest the gamecube over the box again! heheehe!

greggp666
06-19-2002, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by robnyack

Another thing I don't like about EB (the one in Nanuet and in general)....look at the xbox display....it's always a mess. It's too small, and you cannot possibly find the game you are looking for. Then look at the other displays....nice and roomie, all titles displayed. I don't even go to the xbox display when I want a new xbox game, I just go to the register and ask the guy is they got any new xbox games in.

The one thing about EB though, when my first xbox kept freezing up on me, I took it back and I walked out the door with a brand new one right on the spot. So, that was cool.

well i have to say you are very right.i have no clue why its like that.i have to say about 90% i have gone there i have never heard them say bad things about the Xbox.but it depends on who is working at the time also.but the 10% they push the hell out of GC.

Shorezy
06-19-2002, 12:45 PM
Nice! That's a true Xboxer.

tamim
06-19-2002, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Shaggy

This story kicks ass!!!! Next time this happens pull your pants down and take a fat dump right on there counter. Oh yeah also bring a digital camera to get there expression! I am sure they will never try to suggest the gamecube over the box again! heheehe!

rotflmao