PDA

View Full Version : Winning Cars (Test Drive)

Pimpn419
06-16-2002, 05:51 PM
Has anybody unlocked/won a different vehicle, other than the two you start with, on the UNDERGROUND setting? Just curious, how far has anyone gotten on this game? I haven't put too many hours into this one yet, I'm currently on the 4th "Test Drive", .....this seems to be a bad ass game!!

-Matt

Liquid Gears
06-16-2002, 06:46 PM
I'm on the 46th level right now. And yeah you do unlock cars in the underground story mode. You can unlock 4 or 5 cars everytime you finish a country. There are 4 countries, San Francisco -> Tokyo -> London -> Monte Carlo. Every country has 10 levels. Also, you can win some cars by beating other cars in drag race challenges in underground. My favorite car is the Jaguar XJ220, you get it around when your in Monte Carlo.

Liquid Gears
06-16-2002, 08:20 PM
Sorry, actually I was on the 45th level, which was the last level. But, now I beat it and I only rented it.

Pimpn419
06-17-2002, 11:10 AM
d@%*.... you already beat the game? how many hours would you say you put into it? with what you were talking about.. the winning cars by doing the drag races.. I was only aware of drag racing on multiplayer mode, are there like drag races every 4 levels or something? cause I'm only on the 4th and I haven't come across a drag race yet in the underground mode.

I'm currently caught up with Hunter at the moment.. that game Is sweet!! Really sucks being stuck on level 4... oh yeah, something that puzzled me was what place you finish In.. does It really matter all that much? Like do you get less (or more) money/point/cars if you don't finish in 1st every race? That could be my problem.. I've been trying to get 1st on race 4.. no second best here!!

thanks for the info dude....

-Matt

Liquid Gears
06-17-2002, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Pimpn419
d@%*.... you already beat the game? how many hours would you say you put into it? with what you were talking about.. the winning cars by doing the drag races.. I was only aware of drag racing on multiplayer mode, are there like drag races every 4 levels or something? cause I'm only on the 4th and I haven't come across a drag race yet in the underground mode.

I'm currently caught up with Hunter at the moment.. that game Is sweet!! Really sucks being stuck on level 4... oh yeah, something that puzzled me was what place you finish In.. does It really matter all that much? Like do you get less (or more) money/point/cars if you don't finish in 1st every race? That could be my problem.. I've been trying to get 1st on race 4.. no second best here!!

thanks for the info dude....

-Matt

Well, I not in school right and recently I quit my job. So yeah, This weekend I've pretty much done nothing but try and beat Test Drive. Which I did. There is actually another reason to why I worked my @ss off on Test Drive. Now that summer is out I'm trying to decide on buying a racing game, at the time I didn't know which one to get. Which racing game had nicer cars, a better story line, better tracks, etc, etc... So I decided to beat Test Drive to see what this games got. I must say, it was worth the time. I was about to fun off and buy Test Drive on release day. But after beating it, I made up my decision. I would have to say 1st prize goes to PGR, second to Rallisport Challenge, and 3rd to Test Drive. Even though I haven't beaten PGR and Rallisport Challenge while renting both of them. I think those two had a lot more effort put into the making of them.

Also, out of all 45 levels. There are only 4 Drag Race challenges. I can't remember what levels they are, but I know for a fact that they're in there.