PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil or Silent Hill???

DarkAvenger2387
06-16-2002, 11:42 PM
I would just like your imput on how you like Silent Hill cuz I have played Resident Evil and I want to know how Silent Hill compares to RE and what is better about each game. Thanx

Tkf5000
06-17-2002, 01:31 PM
Both have good graphics. Both have good storyline. Both have zombies (iguess u could call the stuff in SH zombies). Both have ranged and melee weapons. Both have puzzles. SH is scarier. RE is more action packed than SH from what I remeber. Both have unlockable features but SH has more. Both have multiple endings and multiple main characters.I havent played either of these games in months.

RadRider
06-17-2002, 01:45 PM
Silent Hill is far scarier than Resident Evil, so I'd choose Silent Hill. Besides, Resident Evil has possibly the worst control scheme every invented.
But I do have to say that Silent Hill has, by far, the worst voice acting I've ever heard in any videogame.

EHWfedPres
06-17-2002, 08:18 PM
If this was 1996, maybe Resident evil. But not now. Lets get original.

Tkf5000
06-18-2002, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by RadRider
Silent Hill is far scarier than Resident Evil, so I'd choose Silent Hill. Besides, Resident Evil has possibly the worst control scheme every invented.
But I do have to say that Silent Hill has, by far, the worst voice acting I've ever heard in any videogame.
I dont know about that, ever play HoTD2? that has some pretty bad voice acting. im not sure because i havent played SH in a while but HoTD is pretty bad.

Snoopy7548
06-18-2002, 05:08 PM
silent hill 2 sucked major c0ck. lol. it wasnt scary at all. the first one was much scarier. resident evil is way better than silent hill, i think:D

EHWfedPres
06-19-2002, 01:24 AM
Morrowind is scarier than them both. I hate getting hit from behind unexpectedly, and the thunder the first time you hear it...amazing.

Tkf5000
06-20-2002, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Morrowind is scarier than them both. I hate getting hit from behind unexpectedly, and the thunder the first time you hear it...amazing.
You know what i think that over and over aain. Morrowind scariest game ever! I get really scared when i start moving the right thumbstick to look around and i hear my own footsteps, man i start runnin and turn around feeeling like a idiot. And those rats youll be walking midin your own business havent swung your weapon for like 2 minutes and wam it makes this loud noise and u jump outs your chair (well maybe not but its scary). Anther thing is when its like 12am and u cant see jack and u go into a really dark cave and u dont have a torch\lantern\candle and u cant se nuthin and these zombies beat the crap outs you (well maybe they scare the crap outa ya, not kil ya).

EHWfedPres
06-20-2002, 07:56 PM
I hate when I get hit from behind, especially by cliff racers...I get so damn scared...but thats only because its unexpected...

DZNUTZ
06-27-2002, 01:45 PM
please the ne Re remake for gc is the ISSSSHHHHH...way better and scarier then Shill...i thought that game was a piece of crap///,maybe i didn't give it a fair shake....but in re to someone saying that re has the worst control scheme eva...

the controls, fixed camera angles , slow pace, and those door cut scenes are all implemented to give a a good feel for a horror game......what do u want to do....do cartwheels and backflips off walls?..,.if the controls were like that..the game would be way to easy and wouldn't give u a suspenseful feeling.

Caliadar
06-27-2002, 07:43 PM
My biggest gripe with Silent Hill 2 was that the monsters were not a threat. Even on the hardest difficulty this game was a cynch to play through. I never felt I was in danger and hence the "survival" portion of Survival Horror was gone. Good game but could have used some tweaking to be classified as great.