PDA

View Full Version : RPG newbie ( morrowind help ) plz

Toonz
06-17-2002, 12:47 AM
I am little confused and need some help plz. If I buy a potion like " Cheap Restore Health " what do they mean by....."restores health 2 points for 5 seconds" does that mean my health will only go up 2 points for exactly 5 seconds and fall gain ? If so what's the point. Seems like a total waste to me. I'm a total RPG newbie btw so sorry if I seem dumb, but quit frankly I am in these matters. Thanks for any help you are willing to offer here.

Plewis
06-17-2002, 01:00 AM
i dont think you have to really worry about it... it just gives you some health... that amount and seconds will just confuse you... I have played the game about 15 hours and havent even thought about it... so basically it just restores your health a little and the seconds and amount of health will just confuse you

cracchus
06-17-2002, 01:02 AM
I'm a newbie to RPGs, too, so take my comments for what they're worth. But I think what happens is, the spell (sparkly lights and whoosh sound) lasts for several seconds, but the effect is permanent (until you get injured again, anyhow) -- the rise in health doesn't go away after a few seconds. The sparkly lights and swooshy sounds go away though. I think one way the Bargain brands are different is that they take longer than the Standard or Quality brands, which work more quickly. I could be wrong about that, though.

Dre
06-17-2002, 08:34 AM
Restore potions fill up what you've emptied, i.e: low health, fatigue, magicka. A restore potion over time means you gain that much per second. eg a restore health potion 10pts for 5 secs will give you 10 health every second for 5 secs for a total of 50 health.

Fortify potions do a temporary increase in the maximum of whatever attribute and for a certain amount of time. eg a fortify health potion 10 pts for 5 secs will increase your maximum health by 10 pts for 5 secs after which it will return to whatever it was before.

Toonz
06-17-2002, 12:24 PM
Thanks all for your help especially Dre. I understand now