PDA

View Full Version : Now I'm a believer....

mahalan
06-17-2002, 09:12 AM
Outlaw Golf really does rock.

I'd read some really good reviews of it here last week but I was very skeptical. I hate golf. I hate golf games.

Despite that, I gave it a try. I've now logged about 14 hours (8 of which was by forgoing sleep last night). It's a terriffic game with tons of playvalue. I highly recommend it to anyone.

Casper
06-17-2002, 09:27 AM
Yea, we had our first tourney this weekend with some of my boys. Needless to say, since it's my game, I came home with about $50 (we played $2/hole). I was messing them up so bad when they were trying to shoot, by heckling the pis$ out of them....LMAO...it was hilarious. Even behind the whole comedy value, this has to be the best game engine for golf that I have ever played :eek:

JJaX
06-17-2002, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by casper
Yea, we had our first tourney this weekend with some of my boys. Needless to say, since it's my game, I came home with about $50 (we played $2/hole). I was messing them up so bad when they were trying to shoot, by heckling the **** out of them....LMAO...it was hilarious. Even behind the whole comedy value, this has to be the best game engine for golf that I have ever played :eek:

Theres actually a game setting where you pay 1 dollar per stroke and the winner gets the pot. Im really enjoying this game........

OppiumNitrates
06-17-2002, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by mahalan
I was very skeptical. I hate golf. I hate golf games.

i am very skeptical and i hate golf games . . . besides my gaming time is deticated to Morrowind or climbing the Halo Ladder on XbConnect . . . .bring it on

Casper
06-17-2002, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by JJaX

Theres actually a game setting where you pay 1 dollar per stroke and the winner gets the pot. Im really enjoying this game........

That's the one that we did, but we just doubled it. I think after I play softball tonight, we'll get another tourney going, since their's no NBA on anymore :(

Laxeph
06-17-2002, 10:11 AM
I think that I might give this game a try. I usually don't like golf games but the way all of you are talking about it, it sounds great.

mahalan
06-17-2002, 10:22 AM
Just be careful...there's a LOT of game here. I've played close to 20 hours and I've only scratched the surface of this game. It's addictive too. A dangerous combination.

studepaber
06-17-2002, 10:33 AM
Just be careful...there's a LOT of game here. I've played close to 20 hours and I've only scratched the surface of this game. It's addictive too. A dangerous combination.

No shiot. I've only played MW once since I bought this game last Thurs. :rolleyes:

GRAVEDIGGER
06-17-2002, 10:41 AM
Well i'm still not a believer. Simply put, i cant stand golf or golf games, so i doubt i'll like this game. I'll rent the game today to see what the deal is.

Untill next time...:mad:

JJaX
06-17-2002, 10:53 AM
The music is cool too :D

Anyone else notice two of the songs in the backround sound a lot like other songs. Theres on that sounds like "California Love" and one that sounds like a song from saturday night fever.

Or am i just loco? :eek:

DZNUTZ
06-17-2002, 10:58 AM
yea..i noticed that to Jjax....sounds like they just barely tweaked it..probably to avoid legal issues.

the game rox...i can't wait to unlock some more stuff

mahalan
06-17-2002, 10:59 AM
Speaking of music/sounds anyone else get freaked out by the surround sound in the game? The course in New Jersey made me keep thinking something was in the room with me until I figured out it was a background sound in the game.

JJaX
06-17-2002, 11:01 AM
Speaking of music/sounds anyone else get freaked out by the surround sound in the game? The course in New Jersey made me keep thinking something was in the room with me until I figured out it was a background sound in the game.

JERSEY BABY!!!! What sounds bugged out? THe planes flying by or the traffic in the backround?

DZNUTZ
06-17-2002, 11:06 AM
i liked the sound of nailing a spectator in the back of the head and dropping him face first into the turf!

anyone else been lucky enuff to do that yet?

Casper
06-17-2002, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
i liked the sound of nailing a spectator in the back of the head and dropping him face first into the turf!

Nah, but I chipped one and hit that dorky dude, with the smiley face on his shirt, right square between the eyes, he dropped, ppl screamed, and then they laughed at me cuz I was in the rough.

What a freakin odd game. I swear, as bizarre of a game as this is, it matches the craziness of GTA3...I love it :p

JJaX
06-17-2002, 11:11 AM

i didnt but my friend did :)

Anyone unlock anyone yet? All ive gotten a chane to do in single player is build some stats for ma main man who? ICE trey!

I did:
1st putt event
1st driving event
2nd driving event
1st bucket event
1st green event
1st golf outting for the turnpike (forgot the name), 1st place i might add ;)

mahalan
06-17-2002, 11:25 AM
I've done all the chipping events, the first putting event, and the first two driving events. All I've gotten from those is a buttload of stat increases for Summer (she's a riot). Playing games against the CPU, I've unlocked some fairway woods, new irons, and two new golfballs. No new players yet. :(

DZNUTZ
06-17-2002, 11:28 AM
i've unlocked some clubs,balls and stats...but no new characters yet:(

one thing i wish the game did have was a multiplayer tour mode....so u could still play with/against a buddy and try to unlock stuff.

hmmm ..actually i think i might have unlocked something last night...but i'll have to wait to get home to find out.....can't quite remember due to a few randoms and an 18pack of coors light to the head.:p

Casper
06-17-2002, 12:49 PM
i've unlocked some clubs,balls and stats...but no new characters yet:(

hmmm ..actually i think i might have unlocked something last night...but i'll have to wait to get home to find out.....can't quite remember due to a few randoms and an 18pack of coors light to the head.:p

Same here, except I had a few hits to the head and 2 12's of Heineken yesterday (my head is killing me today).

I've been using the Eminem-wannabe Ice, yo when he stomps on Fruit's chest and just keeps punching him in the grill..I can't help but laugh my ass off...:D

I unlocked a set of irons and some balls, but I'm gonna get some more stuff in tonight, with my boyz, we'll see.

The online add-on would be tight....then I'd be taking JJaX's money by PayPal when I beat that ass ;)

mahalan
06-17-2002, 12:51 PM
I think I'm forced to unlock more equipment for the time being. I've completed all the chipping tests and the next driving challenge requires distances way out of my league even with a 99 skill given my current driver and ball. I also really suck at putting so the second putting challenge is too much for me at the moment.

If I end up unlocking any new characters, I'll let you know where and how.

mahalan
06-18-2002, 08:34 AM
I've unlocked my first two characters!!!!!

I unlocked Doc Diggler completing the Ladie's Night challenge at the Turnpike country club.

Completing the Test Drive challenge at the Crusty Leaf country club unlocked Killer Miller.

I've now unlocked all of the balls (except one) and most of the clubs for Summer. Her distance skill is at 99 and all her other skills are in the mid 60's. If I were to do it over, I'd increase her control and accuracy first. Anyone who's played a skins game against Doc Diggler knows that control and accuracy are more important than distance in golf.