PDA

View Full Version : I need to find these things...

EHWfedPres
06-17-2002, 11:26 AM
Spells:

Absorb Magicka
Lock (i know there's a crappy version called Fenricks Door Jam, but any lock spell will do)

Items:

Grand Soul Gem in some shop in some smaller town worth 50,000 (I saw it once, but If I took it, I would be over encumbered, and had no feather spells or anything, and I only had really expensive weapons so I didnt want to drop them, so I thought I could remember where it was...I didnt. It is in some tradehouse, a trader or something like that, in a smaller town. There is a Dark Elf in the building, and he has some weapons and stuff on the counter...)

Anyone know where I can obtain these essentials?

AND

I need to know how to soultrap...Im totally lost on this concept. Thankx.

Alien
06-17-2002, 11:32 AM
There is this lock scroll in the baracks of Gnisis...Go downstairs, and then around that center divider thing, and it's in a chest. Problem is, it's right infront of a guard....I stole it once, tried to run, and had all the guards in the whole barracks chasing me. That's about 8 or so.

It opens up locks up to level 100 too. Pretty sweet thing- if you can get it.

jschelm
06-17-2002, 11:51 AM
I can help you on the soul trap part. (The rest I have seen most of them, but can't remember where)

In order to soul trap you must either have the sould trap spell or a scroll of gem feeder. You need to be able to touch the creature that you want to trap. Cast the spell and if you cast it successfully you will see a white starry aura around them for 1 minute. Then you kill them before that white aura disappears. Their soul will then be captured in the smallest (cheapest) empty soul gem that you have in your inventory, so if the only soul gem you have is a grand soul gem, and you capture the soul of a rat, you have just wasted it. Because of that I try and carry an empty one of each gem to ensure that I don't waste a good one. Also, If you don't have a large enough gem in your inventory then you won't capture the soul.

hope this helps.

azmodan
06-17-2002, 11:59 AM
hey hey and once you souldtrap somethin what dom you do with it?? can u like summon them or like enchant a weapon with them or wuteva but what would be the diff of enchanting a weapon with a rat or enchanting it wiyth somethin really powerful cuz all u do is like add effects to the weapon...

jschelm
06-17-2002, 12:04 PM
Once you trap a soul you use it to enchant a weapon or to recharge an enchanted weapon. The more powerful a creature you use on the enchantment the more powerful of an effect you can have and the more charges it will have. Also, when enchanting you don't enchant with the creatures abilities, you enchant with spells that you know.

Dre
06-17-2002, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by jschelm
Once you trap a soul you use it to enchant a weapon or to recharge an enchanted weapon. The more powerful a creature you use on the enchantment the more powerful of an effect you can have and the more charges it will have. Also, when enchanting you don't enchant with the creatures abilities, you enchant with spells that you know.

As a little something to add, the item that you enchant has a certain enchantment value. The effects that you add on to an item have a certain enchantment cost. For example, an exquisite ring has an enchantment value of 120. To check the enchantment value of an item you must do 1 of 2 things.

1. Click on a soul gem that has a trapped soul in your inventory. Click B for create enchanted item. Then add the item you want to check to the box.

2. Same as 1 except do it with someone that has the "enchantment" option.

The nicest thing I've enchanted so far is a ring of charm. It casts 45 pts to charm on touch in a 40ft radius. I go into a room and use my ring on an npc and everyone near gets the effect as well. 100/100 disposition with everyone! Cool thing is that I can cast it 30 times before it runs out which is more than enough. I have yet to see it run out. The next thing I want to enchant (I need to find a damn empty grand soul gem.. where the hell can I get these?) is a ring of constant levitation.

EHWfedPres
06-17-2002, 02:17 PM
Where can I find any other grand soul gems? I have one, Winged Twilight worth 60,000. I know I found one worth 50,000 before but I dont know why I never picked it up, and now I cant find it. :mad:

Plewis
06-17-2002, 02:31 PM
theres a bunch of enchanted souls on the top level of the guild of mages in Balmora... Encluding one worth a whole bunch of money!

EHWfedPres
06-17-2002, 02:34 PM
yeah, thats the 60k grand soul gem. I got them a long time ago.