PDA

View Full Version : I need help Enchanting in Morrowind

fanofslipknotib
06-17-2002, 01:15 PM
OK, I got a soul gem, got a soul, and went to a mage. I asked him to enchant it for me. I used my axe. So, he does what he has to do, I go out and start a fight to see what I can do with it. Well, how do I use it? I tried picking it out of my magic, and tried using my sword, but nothing special seemed to happen. All I need to know is how do I use my enchantment? Do I need to be well trained in something?

OppiumNitrates
06-17-2002, 01:19 PM
when u look at the wepon in the menu screen is it in front of a blue spiral type background . . . if so then it is succeddfuly enchanted and u can equip it normally and fight with it. . . . if u enchanted an ax then when u use it its your ax skills that effect if u hit the target or not . . .

Shoua
06-17-2002, 01:35 PM
did you choose a spell to use?

i enchanted an ebony long sword last night i bought a soul gem that was charged for 60,000 gold, then i bought a fire spell to use with it. This sword freaking rocks now, WOW!!! it is capable of dealing out 100pts of damage

anyways back to your problem you need a soul gem and a spell of some sort to enchant an item. You cannot enchant something with just a soul gem it won't work, you need to choose a spell

fanofslipknotib
06-17-2002, 01:39 PM
I did chose a spell. I chose some sort of fire damage spell.

Shoua
06-17-2002, 01:45 PM
did u choose for type of enchant the "cast when strike" i think that is what it is called. When i first did mine i choose the wrong effect and i had to go into my magic and select a sword and cast the effect. You need the "cast when strike" thing. i will get you the name of it when i get home i don't got the game at work.

fanofslipknotib
06-17-2002, 01:49 PM
If it's "cast when strike", does that mean there will be some sort of fire damage to them when I hit them?

xboxinstinct
06-17-2002, 01:59 PM
where did you buy the 60,000 drake soul gem?

Shoua
06-17-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by fanofslipknotib
If it's "cast when strike", does that mean there will be some sort of fire damage to them when I hit them?

yes thats what it means, so that is why my sword can do almost 100pts of damage.

I got my soul gem from a mage in Balmora i stole some glass armor at ghost gate and just traded pieces of that armor for the gem

xboxinstinct
06-18-2002, 09:37 AM
i stoled that same gem

StillFly
06-18-2002, 10:16 AM
How do you get a soul in a gem?

xboxinstinct
06-18-2002, 10:22 AM
buy a soul trap spell and use it on any animal