PDA

View Full Version : What's the point of reviewing a game if....

Highlite23
06-17-2002, 03:40 PM
Posting a review like this just because it "Temporarily" may dethrone Halo??? Is it just me, or is that what he did??

OK so this fool reviews Outlaw Golf, says its fun and a great game, but gives it "1's" accross the board because it ranked better than Halo on the Top 75 Board. What a childish, immature, &)*#%#@%$@ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm ssorry but that's annoying, grow up. I love Halo, but give it up.

hellook | Hours Played: 20+ hours | June 17, 2002

Location Purchased: anywhere
Summary
Overall: 1.0
Gameplay: 1.0
Visual: 1.0
Sound: 1.0

General / Summary: its a great game but it is not near as goood as halo

Gameplay: fun

Visual: this game is fun

Sound: the sound is good

Suggestions to Developer: this game rocks sorry guys

Dre
06-17-2002, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by highlite23
Posting a review like this just because it "Temporarily" may dethrone Halo??? Is it just me, or is that what he did??

OK so this fool reviews Outlaw Golf, says its fun and a great game, but gives it "1's" accross the board because it ranked better than Halo on the Top 75 Board. What a childish, immature, &)*#%#@%$@ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm ssorry but that's annoying, grow up. I love Halo, but give it up.

Summary

I agree, it sounds like someone was either:

A) very immature
B) entering anything so they'd have site participation and be eligible for winning an XBA prize.

Hopefully, a staff member will delete it because its obviously not a very in-depth review :D

OppiumNitrates
06-17-2002, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by highlite23

Summary

WoW ecellent review . . . u sold me im going to buy my copy of Outlaw golf right now!!!

EHWfedPres
06-17-2002, 08:00 PM
I dont care about Outlaw Golf, but thats just wrong. Also, Halo isnt nearly as good as Morrowind. Halo is boring now that I have done every possible thing there is to do in the game.

robnyack
06-17-2002, 09:46 PM
Halo is boring now that I have done every possible thing there is to do in the game.

if the game kept your interest long enough for you to do "every possible thing there is to do in the game", then I'd day the makers of Halo would call you one very satisfied customer.

EHWfedPres
06-17-2002, 09:49 PM
The problem is that it didnt take very long at all to do everything. Beat it in one day, got sick of multiplayer after a week, going off the map...i'll give that a week...

robnyack
06-17-2002, 10:16 PM
beat it in one day????????????????????

lol....well, if that's the case, may I introduce you to NASA. Perhaps they may have something that will keep your interest for more than a couple days.

GRAVEDIGGER
06-17-2002, 10:33 PM
Yea, some peeps just try to get site participation, but BTW Dre, the giveaway rulse say that to be eligible through site participation, your reviews or comments must be literate and gramatically sensible. Not just a few lines and words:rolleyes:

Untill next time...:mad:

darianX
06-18-2002, 01:32 PM
I checked that guy's other "reviews" and found he did 2 so far. Both of them were the same way - ones across the board. It does appear that he's trying to kill the overall rating of the game but who knows. Outlaw Golf is a really fun game that looks great, it deserves a high rating.

Batman2372
06-18-2002, 02:02 PM
In my opinion, the reviewing that has gone on lately has been rather poor. If you're gonna do a review, don't just say you liked it, hated it, or cared less. Tell WHY you hated it. Some people may actually like something for the exact reason that you hated it.

Spaztic
06-18-2002, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
The problem is that it didnt take very long at all to do everything. Beat it in one day, got sick of multiplayer after a week, going off the map...i'll give that a week...

Beat it in one day! Hey I have an idea why don't you put down the controller for awhile, you probably won't get "bored" of the game so fast. Damn one day! Go outside, socialize!

Dre
06-18-2002, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Shaggy

Beat it in one day! Hey I have an idea why don't you put down the controller for awhile, you probably won't get "bored" of the game so fast. Damn one day! Go outside, socialize!

Outside? Social what? :)

Just kidding! But seriously, Halo is fun the first time and gets even better with time. I think I'm at the point now where I've got all the tricks and stuff but thats all single-player. I'm not much of an online FPS'er simply because it seems I get my ass handed to me every time. Its such an incredible difference between single-player and multiplayer (DM not coop). I beat a level on legendary without dying once the other day for the first time (the library) and so I finally decide I'll hook it up online and the score was something like 35-2. The guy seemed to know everywhere I'd respawn and kicked my ass before I could even say wassup!

VAN
06-18-2002, 04:57 PM
We do our best to remove "reviews" such as the one mentioned here. If a member doesnt bother to write at least one paragraph in each secion, it cant really be called a review....it's just random comments.

Xbox Owner
06-18-2002, 05:07 PM
lol.that game is sooo good, it deserves a 1.0, haha. I havn't really wrote much reviews or anything on the main page...i gotta start i guess..oh well

Snoopy7548
06-18-2002, 05:17 PM
ive made a few reviews. van has probly deleted them though, lol:D anyway, i dont really see why people review games. i mean, not everyones opinion is the same. someone may say a game is really bad, and some may say its really awesome. but you may think that its pretty good. you cant really go by what other people say, you have to play it for urself. but sometimes reviews are helpful:D

mahalan
06-18-2002, 05:18 PM
I saw a post relating to the review in question on another board. Apparently, they made a mistake in filling out the form and it took all 1's for the ratings. They meant to give it a much better score but the board wouldn't let them revise their rating.

robnyack
06-19-2002, 09:06 AM
personally, I do not like those review boards. I do not feel I get good unbiased game tested opinions most of the time.

Most the time it's an xbox fanboy who just bought a new game, torn it open, popped it in, played it for 10 minutes, and then just has to get online to tell us he has the greatest game ever made.

I wish more people would wait and play a game a couple days before posting their reviews. Let the excitment of a brand new game wear off a little bit and then make your judgement.