PDA

View Full Version : 9 Games

chili325
06-17-2002, 04:01 PM
I am currently reading the book, Opening the XBOX, which is about the Idea of the xbox up to launch and everything in between. (Did u know they tried to buy sega?) Anyway, it stated that the only way they could make a profit, is if in the long run, every xbox they sell has at least nine games. I wasnt sure if this is going to happen, nintendo 64 averages 6 games. Does anyone think this will happen?

OppiumNitrates
06-17-2002, 04:05 PM
when XBL rolls out M$ will have more money then they know what to do with . . . . and they know what to do with alot of money . . .

Kraft
06-17-2002, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates
when XBL rolls out M$ will have more money then they know what to do with . . . . and they know what to do with alot of money . . .

Lol, while funny Im not sure how true that is. They dumped 3 billion dollars into that network, to make it up they will have to sell 60 million games and/or xbox live kits... just to break even. of course, this whole xbox live project has nothing to do with profit anyways.

OppiumNitrates
06-17-2002, 04:23 PM
dude . . . after 2 years everyone that got XBL when it was first out spent $50 + $120 +[(price of any XBL games)lets say 2 games over 2 years being very stingy here] = $270 per XBL gamer . . . .not to mention the people who miss the starter kit and have to buy the voice communicator and a year of service for whatever that will be sepratly . . . . . . but all in all i think that ur right anyway . . . . MS will never have enought money to know what to do with . . .besides let billy gates worry about profit margins . . . u guya have alot more to worry about . . . . like your stats on XBL if your playing me in Halo . . . . heh heh heh suckers

Kraft
06-17-2002, 04:30 PM
yeah, bill gates isn't looking at the profit picture right now, he's looking at the 'im going to assimalate your entire life until I own your toilet' picture. I mean, look at that addon kit thats being proposed that lets you access computer files from your xbox. He just linked up your living room and your computer room. Now your xbox is going online... on his servers! so you are now connected to the internet through MS, my guess is eventually their xbox live is going to offer web browsing capabilities from the living room. This man is easily the modern day rockefeller or carnegie.

faceoff508
06-17-2002, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by chili325
(Did u know they tried to buy sega?)

I think you mean Nintendo!! Right????

OppiumNitrates
06-17-2002, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by KraftSLU
yeah, bill gates isn't looking at the profit picture right now, he's looking at the 'im going to assimalate your entire life until I own your toilet' picture. I mean, look at that addon kit thats being proposed that lets you access computer files from your xbox. He just linked up your living room and your computer room. Now your xbox is going online... on his servers! so you are now connected to the internet through MS, my guess is eventually their xbox live is going to offer web browsing capabilities from the living room. This man is easily the modern day rockefeller or carnegie.

i think its kind of a stipid idea personally all this net surfing on my TV. . . . if i wanted to sit at my TV and brows the Net . . . . well accaully i dont want to sit ay my TV and brows the net thats what a mouse and keyboard is for (some of u confussed gamers out there think this stuff should be brought to the xbox . . .and thats he first step in the wrong direction) leave that on the desk and grab ur controller for some gaming . . . besides i bought my onw computer and its in my room . . .after living wih my parents all these years and using the same computer that they do i have wisened up a bit . . .

*edit* BTW Kraft no luck on Ultimate Domain eh . . .

Kraft
06-17-2002, 04:50 PM
no luck yet :( of course I am about to move so I'll be digging through pretty much everything I own in the next few days. I'll let you know what I come across

OppiumNitrates
06-17-2002, 04:52 PM
sweet . . . where u movin too . . . new dorm??

how is SLU anyway . . . im getting my Associates and im planing on moving after next semester . . . . do they offer Video Game programming classes??

chili325
06-17-2002, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508

I think you mean Nintendo!! Right????
both actually. However, while microsoft wanted to buy sega, sega was thinking more along the lines of a partership. When they proposed that the xbox and dreamcast 2(which was planned) would be able to read eachothers games, xbox completely did away with the sega idea. The funny thing was...They both hated sony because they were so annoying to work with.

Scarlet Spider
06-17-2002, 04:58 PM
they should have made the xbox and dreamcast 2 one in the same. the dreamcast x. hey, someone wanna help me whip up a pic to see what it would look like?

Kraft
06-17-2002, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates
sweet . . . where u movin too . . . new dorm??

how is SLU anyway . . . im getting my Associates and im planing on moving after next semester . . . . do they offer Video Game programming classes??

actually most of my classes are through UM-St louis, the state school. which is where Im getting my comp. sci degree. They don't have much in the lines of video game programming, a lot of intense graphics classes though.

E-Xbox
06-17-2002, 07:51 PM
well i have 10 games..
and as soon as exams are done ill have 11...
and when xbox live comes out..i will have a lot more..
project ego..unreal championship..splinter cell..

peace

Hugh_Jass
06-17-2002, 08:43 PM
Anyway, it stated that the only way they could make a profit, is if in the long run, every xbox they sell has at least nine games. I wasnt sure if this is going to happen, nintendo 64 averages 6 games. Does anyone think this will happen?

Don't most people on this forum already have more than nine games? I think I've got about seventeen after seven months.

chili325
06-17-2002, 09:13 PM
wow...Thats alot of cash. Do u ever sell games or just build up a library?

Nerrad529
06-18-2002, 02:10 AM
Yeah it's possible I've had my xbox since december and i got 4 games already.

Hugh_Jass
06-18-2002, 08:03 AM
wow...Thats alot of cash. Do u ever sell games or just build up a library?

I haven't sold any yet. However, I am thinking about doing the 2-for-1 trade-in at EB for Outlaw Golf.

DIGITAL
06-18-2002, 08:39 AM
i got about 11 games an plan on buying a whole lot more ,so yes i think microsoft will turn a profit ,maybe later then expected with the price cut an all!an in another year or so micrsoft gonna be thew number one system,just wait!;)

Laxeph
06-18-2002, 09:05 AM
I have 16 games and most of my friends have at least 10.