PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind : Keep the booty or sell it?

Hugh_Jass
06-17-2002, 08:50 PM
I play a thief in Morrowind. I just cleaned out a mage guild and pilfered a bunch of master-level gear. I don't know if it's for alchemy or what, but the stuff is worth over 5000 gold.

Is this the kind of gear I should keep or sell?

EHWfedPres
06-17-2002, 08:57 PM
well mostly mages guild have alchemy equiptment, so a thief has no use for it. Sell it all.

And I believe this is the general discussion forum, where specific game discussion is outlawed...

Strider_32002
06-17-2002, 09:42 PM
I need the Devils Tanto from the Mages Guild in Ald-Ruhn anyone know where it is? Hey hugh are you in the theives guild? if not u should join it.

Hugh_Jass
06-18-2002, 07:47 AM
I was just in the Ald-Ruhn Mages' Guild last night. It's a crazy-looking city. It's a bit dangerous for low-level characters like me. There are lots of cave rats and winged beasts hanging around.

I don't think I could tell you how to get there. I was just out wandering around. I saw that town on a sign and it sounded interesting so I went there.

yall
06-18-2002, 08:53 AM
spoiler.....

the devils tanto is in a little chest in a room on the right of the lowest level of the mages guild. and only certain alchemists will buy that gear you were talking about.

Strider_32002
06-18-2002, 01:51 PM
Thanks, and i need to know if their are any people that barter that have at least 50,000 i found i petty soul gem worth 60,000 and one worth 6,000.

How to get:
Go to mages guild in Balmora, go upstaris to that lady and look on her table, a coin shaped petty soul gem is their (60,000) take it, turn and run.

***WARNING***
1. Save before attempt
2. Be Fast
3. If you are born under The Shadow, turn invisble.
4. DO NOT TRY TO FIGHT HER!!! EVER!:eek:

E-Xbox
06-18-2002, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
I play a thief in Morrowind. I just cleaned out a mage guild and pilfered a bunch of master-level gear. I don't know if it's for alchemy or what, but the stuff is worth over 5000 gold.

Is this the kind of gear I should keep or sell?
sweet man!
sell..hehe..
im gonna be a thief when i play it..

peace

Carnage
06-18-2002, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Strider_32002
Thanks, and i need to know if their are any people that barter that have at least 50,000 i found i petty soul gem worth 60,000 and one worth 6,000.

How to get:
Go to mages guild in Balmora, go upstaris to that lady and look on her table, a coin shaped petty soul gem is their (60,000) take it, turn and run.

***WARNING***
1. Save before attempt
2. Be Fast
3. If you are born under The Shadow, turn invisble.
4. DO NOT TRY TO FIGHT HER!!! EVER!:eek:

not a good idea to scam soulgems strider.

Heres a quote from a FAQ i found:

If you steal soulgems (even one), and if you ever get caught stealing, the guards
will take ALL of your soulgems no matter what type, and ANY member of the
faction that you stole from will report you for stealing.

EHWfedPres
06-18-2002, 06:36 PM
Thats why you drop your loot and then turn yourself into the guards. That way you have nothing to lose. Plus if your in the thieves guild, get the bounty cleared for free.

Carnage
06-18-2002, 06:43 PM
Heh good point

Which reminds me. Will NPCs steal from you? Ive got a chest in Balamas Corner Club filled with notes, etc, that ive picked up. Now, i HAVE locked it, but im still wondering. Will my notes still be there the next time i come back? :)

Alien
06-18-2002, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Carnage
Heh good point

Which reminds me. Will NPCs steal from you? Ive got a chest in Balamas Corner Club filled with notes, etc, that ive picked up. Now, i HAVE locked it, but im still wondering. Will my notes still be there the next time i come back? :) You can re-lock things? Can someone tell me how? Thanks for any help.

EHWfedPres
06-18-2002, 10:07 PM
Theres a spell called Fenrick's Doorjam, it locks level 10, but you can make your own to lock all the way up to 100. I dont lock my doors, npcs never go in other npc's houses...

E-Xbox
06-19-2002, 10:24 AM
yo guys..
i went to get this game..
and walmart didnt have it!
so im p¡ssed!!
but im gonna go try Eb now..

peace

Pak4182
06-19-2002, 10:28 AM
Walmart would have it edited.. Hahahahaha get it... ::sigh::

To answer the question I keep one whole set of Master's Equipment incase I need it. The only reason I could see for locking something, then having to unlock it is for your Security Skill.

E-Xbox
06-19-2002, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Pak4182
Walmart would have it edited.. Hahahahaha get it... ::sigh::

To answer the question I keep one whole set of Master's Equipment incase I need it. The only reason I could see for locking something, then having to unlock it is for your Security Skill.
umm..
i dont get it..

peace