PDA

View Full Version : Lets Talk About Project Ego

Plewis
06-18-2002, 04:15 PM
Fable (Project Ego) has been expected to beat Morrowind in almost every aspect. Lets be realistic and talk about what it can pull off.

Seeing the load times and frame rate drop in Morrowind looking at Fable it will probably be even worse judging on the grapics

The tatoos and scarring effects that last FOREVER! Or at least till you finish the game
http://images.gamespot.co.uk/images/xbox/2001/pego/gal_pego_2_screen008.jpg
The tan effects are cool, and how you wrinkle when you get older if you stay out in the sun more
http://images.gamespot.co.uk/images/xbox/2001/pego/gal_pego_2_screen007.jpg

The different haircuts
http://images.gamespot.co.uk/images/xbox/2001/pego/gal_pego_1_screen004.jpg

another downside is it seems like you can only play as one character, havent seen any use of magic in the game. We have yet to learn THAT much about the game... I'm content with Morrowind but the thought that this could annihilate it is awesome!

Alien
06-18-2002, 05:55 PM
What's up with those blue eyes? Those are friggin creepy.

Plewis
06-18-2002, 11:08 PM
i thought that too! freaked me out at first...

EHWfedPres
06-19-2002, 01:14 AM
Project Ego will kick ass. Im gonna be the most evil of all evil guys...because, in the words of Lord Dark Helmet...

"Evil always truimphs over good because good is dumb."

RadRider
06-19-2002, 02:13 AM
Any reservations you have for Project Ego will likely be washed out the window when you get to play the game. From what I know, there will be no load times at all, and the combat system is more "involved" than Morrowind's.
I do like Morrowind a heck of a lot, I'm still playing it since it's launch on the PC for christ's sake! But I do think that Project Ego will be a different, more impressive beast when it comes out.
But don't you talk bad about my Morrowind. It's no Daggerfall or Project Ego, but it's still precious to me... :confused:

Dre
06-19-2002, 08:34 AM
I think it was in an OXM article where they said that Peter Molyneux's biggest influences on the game were Devil May Cry and MGS. Now, I haven't played those games but from what I've heard they are pretty full of action. I think this RPG will be something completely new and will blow everyone out of the water. Its going to sell millions. Its going to sell Xbox's. I can't wait!

EHWfedPres
06-19-2002, 11:29 AM
Devil May Cry was as linear as a narrow hallway and had no replay value at all. Metal Gear Soild 2 was 80% sneaking around, and that had no replay value either.

Dre
06-19-2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Devil May Cry was as linear as a narrow hallway and had no replay value at all. Metal Gear Soild 2 was 80% sneaking around, and that had no replay value either.

I think he was referring to action-wise which has nothing to do with replay value or linearity.

EHWfedPres
06-19-2002, 02:34 PM
Either way, I didnt like either of those 2 games much at all, so if Project Ego will be like them, then it will also be a let-down. Anyway, Project Ego wont be linear at all, but I have one question...will Project Ego ever end or will it go on forever like Morrowind?

Dre
06-19-2002, 03:39 PM
Either way, I didnt like either of those 2 games much at all, so if Project Ego will be like them, then it will also be a let-down. Anyway, Project Ego wont be linear at all, but I have one question...will Project Ego ever end or will it go on forever like Morrowind?

1) I think the whole reference to those other two games are mainly to say that the fighting will be quite evolved as opposed to a fighting system like that in Morrowind.

2) If I remember correctly your character ages with time until he finally dies of old age. Not sure exactly how many gaming hours it requires to get that old though.

EHWfedPres
06-19-2002, 03:40 PM
The fighting system in DMC wasn't all the different from Morrowind actually...You had guns with unlimited ammo in DMC, which was kinda stupid...

Dre
06-19-2002, 03:57 PM
The fighting system in DMC wasn't all the different from Morrowind actually...You had guns with unlimited ammo in DMC, which was kinda stupid...

Like I said, never played those games so I can't really comment on it.

I know this has been discussed to death, but maybe theres been more announcements about it. PM said that the game would take roughly 20 hours to complete. Has there been more news regarding this *****ty announcement?

EHWfedPres
06-19-2002, 04:02 PM
Thats 20 hours if you dont screw around...and whats the point of buying a game just to beat it? Have fun, thats what games are for!

Dre
06-19-2002, 04:08 PM
Thats 20 hours if you dont screw around...and whats the point of buying a game just to beat it? Have fun, thats what games are for!

Ya, thats what I thought. Hopefully there will be just as many sidequests as Morrowind. That'll make the game more than long enough. This game is just promising so much that if it actually delivers I want it to go on for a long time!

Plewis
06-19-2002, 06:06 PM
I was so pi$$ed when I heard that it was only 20 hours... After Morrowind I dont think I can stand a game less than 30:eek:

Master Gracey
06-20-2002, 11:15 AM
Okay... this is as much as I know about Project Ego:

The 20 hours comment does, in fact, pertain to the main quest. There will be side quests and other stuff to entertain you for hours, but the time it takes to complete the main quest (if you dedicate yourself to it exclusively) will be around 20 hours.

They haven't said much about lifespan time. The only thing that's been said is that the character won't age progressively as we thought... if you were to start the game, leave it on for a week and go out of town, you won't come back to find an old man standing on screen. Aging will happen through milestone events... finish a certain section of the main quest, and you'll age a few years. Does this mean that if you never work on the main quest, you could go around forever doing side quests and staying the same age? Possibly not... In OXM two months ago, Molyneux said that there will be no avoiding the main quest. You can go do other stuff, but you'll be constantly herded back to it. This is because they supposedly did some "market research" and found that 80% of console players don't like open-endedness. :( What they haven't announced yet is whether you'll be forced at gunpoint towards the main quest or just urged to head that direction.

Since I love dauntingly open-ended games, I'll be eyeing Ego with suspicion. The reason I haven't enjoyed an RPG since Sierra's Quest For Glory series (10 years ago) is because they always force you to be doing something. You haven't been able to simply walk around forever, doing things at your own pace... until Morrowind. Of course, I had never heard of Arena or Daggerfall before, but I'm not really much of a computer gamer.