PDA

View Full Version : Is Outlaw Golf bad ass or what?

l Maximus l
06-18-2002, 06:48 PM
I bought this game with much anticipation...and, some of you may know that I have been pretty pumped up about this game. Did it meet my expectations? Hell yes it did! It's exactly what I hoped for! To be dead honest, it actually exceeded my expectations! It's not only a hilarious golf game...it's also a very well done and well mapped out golf game.

In other words, there are tons of options in this game including from unlocking seperate clubs (drivers, woods, irons, putters, etc) to unlocking entire 18-hole courses!

The gameplay rocks on this game! The camera is a little tricky at first, however, you'll be a pro with the camera after your first course. Very very very cool game :)

I'll write up a review after I go play some more!!!! :D

Dulacc
06-19-2002, 09:58 AM
I've only played 9 holes so far, but I laughed my butt off! It's all good. I especially like the, uh, nipple twisting summer does to her caddy. Uh, yeah. cool.

heelfan71
06-19-2002, 09:58 AM
I have been playing non-stop since the 1st day it was out. Shot a 110 the first game I ever played. Shot a -14 under last night. I'm pretty sure you can't unlock new courses, but the others you can.

Go to the skill competions (putting, chipping and driving) to increase your stats.

studepaber
06-19-2002, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

In other words, there are tons of options in this game including from unlocking seperate clubs (drivers, woods, irons, putters, etc) to unlocking entire 18-hole courses!

Are you sure about unlocking 18 hole courses? You may be right about *shrug* I hope so but I was under the impression there are only 3. Hopefully there will be an add-on disk in XOM with extras....

POD13259
06-19-2002, 06:05 PM
Well, now I know what I'm going to do with my money. Buy Outlaw Golf!

I was pretty psyched when i first heard about it, then I kind of said, "Probably not," but now I'm definitely going to get it.

:D

:cool:

WildBill
06-21-2002, 10:09 AM
Love it. Used Blockbuster "game pass" to check it out. Plan on keeping it for the 30 days and then buying a copy. Makes "Hot Shots" look lame.

Snoopy7548
06-21-2002, 04:56 PM
i played the oxm demo of it, and i think its really cool. i won the game from an xbox site, and it hasnt come yet, so ive been playing the demo. its really fun, the best is beating your caddy, its a little hard trying to hit the button at the right time, but i got it. the only thing i dont get is, when youre about to take a shot, you can hit the x button i think, and it can change between normal shot and like super shot. and why is it that when u choose the super shot thing, the little trajectory thing like shrinks down to like 5 feet in front of you? i havent tried it out yet though

POD13259
06-21-2002, 05:40 PM
WildBill:

anything makes Hot Shots look lame.

Snoopy7548
06-21-2002, 06:36 PM
lol, hot shots was the best golf game ever dude:D

robnyack
06-22-2002, 12:38 PM
I don't think you can unlock new courses. I'm pretty sure the 3 courses provided are it. That, to me is the only shortcoming in this game. In this day and age, having only 3 courses does not cut it. Plus it also has the challenge course, which is cool because it provides a bunch of party game challenges (quick and a bunch of people can play).

But, other than that, it's a very fun game. Great graphics. Very good golf sim. Very funny characters and commentary.

I finally won my first tournament. New Jersey 18 holes. Got me some new irons! :D

heelfan71
06-22-2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
the the only thing i dont get is, when youre about to take a shot, you can hit the x button i think, and it can change between normal shot and like super shot. and why is it that when u choose the super shot thing, the little trajectory thing like shrinks down to like 5 feet in front of you? i havent tried it out yet though

It's not a "super shot" but more of a punch shot. If you are in the trees and need to hit a very low shot, it helps out. You can't hit the ball very far with this shot.

squid413
06-25-2002, 11:31 PM
Man i rented this game and it is bad ass. I was playing with my friend today and i was doing awesome and at the last 3 holes i had 3 beating tokens and used 1 token each hole. hehe it was awesome. I'll probably pick this up.

DaturaX
06-29-2002, 08:26 PM
OG is digital crack,I just cant stop playing every chance I get.I was looking foward to it but didnt expect it to be this good.

I dont even like golf in RL!

stevek
07-01-2002, 04:24 PM
The game rocks. pure and simple.