PDA

View Full Version : PLAYED XBox???

addict733
10-20-2001, 08:55 PM
has neone else played xbox yet???? i just played a short interactive demo. I went to my mall and in EB there was a xbox set up with some demo disc with one playable game and a hole bunch of movies....... just checkin.

msxbox101
10-20-2001, 11:34 PM
Yeah, I got to play it for the first time a couple of days ago. The oddworld demo wasn't that bad...but the videos weren't of very good quality

Plasticman
10-21-2001, 12:24 AM
Yes, I've tried it at my place of work. We have one huge shelf dedicated for Xbox products. I love the controller. It conforms nicely with my hands. I find having the fingers closed to much can induse cramps or fatigue. I think Sony designed the PlayStation 2 control for 2 second play periods. I wouldn't even play it for 1.

l Maximus l
10-21-2001, 12:50 AM
Unfortunately, I have not been blessed enough to play the most amazing game console in the world as of yet...Due November 15th, it will be a different story :D

-Maximus

WWF
10-21-2001, 03:17 AM
I have not played it yet either. I need to go to the mall :o

Hermes
10-21-2001, 03:57 AM
I got to play the oddworld demo at EB. I mean come on don't tease me, let me play a real game for the love of god.

rivalius13
10-21-2001, 09:14 AM
i wish i had a kiosk near me. the nearest one is 3000 miles away in america:D

Sergery
10-21-2001, 09:48 AM
Well I finally saw an Xbox setup at EB this Sat. It was so cool lookin. Anyway, the only thing I saw was Oddworld playing, so I took the Xbox controller in hand...and I must say it was a nice firm controller. I love the way the buttons looked...all glassy looking and the jewel on the controller looked like it meant to be there. Well onto the game. I was not very impressed with Oddworld graphically. The water that Munch was swimming in was jello like and there was no ripples in the water or anything that would give it that realistic look. The environments looked okay and I didn't notice any jaggies on Munch. This game would definitely take alot of time for me to get into, so I'm glad this wasn't on my preorder. Another thing I noticed was that a clerk who worked at my EB sounded like another uninformed person who stated that she really doesn't see the difference between the Xbox graphics and the PS2. What a joke. Then she continued to say that consumers wouldn't be able to see a difference in the games until a year from when the Xbox launches. Well it just goes to show you that in all game stores, there are always people that are bias against the Xbox. That really sucks, but hey that's there opinion. What I am really ****ed off about is the marketing people MS hired to do the advertising. **** POOR job!
If they really wanted to show a cool demo of the Xbox in action, why not show Bloodwake or DOA3, or Fever. No, we get a uncompleted version of Munch for consumers to base their decision on. Well I think I have said enough. Sorry for the long rant.

Llama X
10-21-2001, 11:46 AM
Well I have played that demo too, and I'll admit at first I wasn't all that impressed but then I noticed the detail, and the small effects and I kinda got into it. Anyway it shouldn't matter, from what I heard next week or something EBs are gonna get a new demo disk with halo and doa3. This makes sense to me considering at my kiosk there were three signs hanging on the setup, one for oddworld, one for doa3, and one for halo. I think I'm gonna go back to day anyway and just kinda stare at it.(that **** jewel has powers I'm tellin' ya! I'll bet you Bill Gates made that jewel out of pure, refined fun and the rest of the xbox breaks down the fun into simpler calculations which can be used in a video game) I know I'm so smart!:D