PDA

View Full Version : 8gb Hard Drive Wow Just Think About It

oxMUDVAYNExo
10-20-2001, 09:03 PM
I was just thinking a 8GB hard drive is just 2GB less than my PC and I got a lot of $H!T on my PC with all that room on the XBOX you can do crazy $H!T to a game. I was just thinking how cool DOA3 would be with FATALITYS and lots of blood just becouse there isn't any on it when it comes out dosen't meen that there never will be thay can add anything to a game not just more levels or more weapons thay can do thangs thay even havent thought of yat. The XBOX will be around for a long time and the games will hardly ever get old with the opition of addons!! XBOX RULES!!:)

oxMUDVAYNExo
10-20-2001, 09:08 PM
EVERY ONE needs to write Microsoft and tell them we want a addon for DOA3 to give the charters FATALITYS and lots of BLOOD thay might do it!:cool:

sinizuh
10-21-2001, 01:33 AM
... dude... calm down before you hurt yourself. DOA3 isn't Mortal Kombat... it doesn't need some stupid ass "fatalitys" to make the game good... hell, "fatalitys" are stupid.

rivalius13
10-21-2001, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by sinizuh
... dude... calm down before you hurt yourself. DOA3 isn't Mortal Kombat... it doesn't need some stupid ass "fatalitys" to make the game good... hell, "fatalitys" are stupid. looks like someone got their as kicked and then got a fatality at the end.

DOOM
10-21-2001, 09:12 AM
By The Way, I hear XBOX Will be getting MK5!
SoOo Hold Them Horsies!

oxMUDVAYNExo
10-21-2001, 11:49 AM
I think DOA3 would be cool with FATALITYS like a hart rip head rip and all the good old MK stuff , yeah MK5 is going to be on the XBOX but don't get to excited is looking to be a lot like MK4 and we wont see it till the end of next year.. "It will just be cool to see Microsoft use the hard drive to change a game like DOA3 in to a game like MK."

sinizuh
10-21-2001, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by rivalius13
looks like someone got their as kicked and then got a fatality at the end.

yea. i've always sucked at Mortal Kombat... it's a horrible game.

and they shouldn't make DOA3 in Mortal Kombat cause they are made by 2 different companies.

DOOM
10-21-2001, 03:04 PM
Yeah, I Was Never Verry Good At the MK Series...
But With all The Added Fetures & Graphics It's Sure To Be Awesome (ALSO THEY HAVE TO COMPETE AGAINST DOA3)!

Heat
10-22-2001, 01:03 PM
8gb sucks the ps2 has a 40gb hard drive coming out . . .

Milkman Dan
10-22-2001, 01:13 PM
Plus the Xbox HD will be integrated, 100% of the games will take advantage of it, instead of the occasional "gimmick" PS2 game.

chelios
10-22-2001, 01:36 PM
A ready to go 8gig drive is pretty nice. The Xbox is going to be so nice. You can easily tell how nice it's going to be just by watching how rabid the PS2 fanboys get as the launch date gets closer.

Yeah, the PS2 is getting a 40gig drive, but I am not spending another $150 on a hard drive. I already spent $300 on the **** thing. I will just keep using the memory cards.

l Maximus l
10-22-2001, 02:10 PM
Dudes...it will be a cold day in Hell before you run out of space on an 8gig hard-drive! Do you know how much space that is? I don't plan on downloading all my games or anything...what's the point with that? I plan on downloading some music so I can play my favorite toons with selected games...and, even then, that only takes a few megs...

I suppose it depends on how you use it. I think it will be a slight learning curve for all of us with this amazing option on the XBox!

I mean, my computer only has 12gigs! For a game console to have 8gigs is amazing! Besides, even if I ran out of room, which isn't likely...atleast not any time too soon, I can just buy more space! By then, I will have a respected library of the best games on this Earth since they are all on the XBox!

Dude, I can hardly wait until November 15th!

-Maximus

oxMUDVAYNExo
10-22-2001, 05:18 PM
2 QUESTIONS
1.Can you upgrade the XBOX Hard drive to add more gigs.
2.Can you serf the net and downlode songs dimos ane everything els with the XBOX.:confused:

krondek
10-23-2001, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Dudes...it will be a cold day in Hell before you run out of space on an 8gig hard-drive! Do you know how much space that is? I don't plan on downloading all my games or anything...what's the point with that
-Maximus

Ok, here's the problem. You see the PS2 has a VERY slow loading time due to it's slow DVD drive and sadly enough the Xbox's DVD drive is actually even a tad slower than the PS2's. Microsoft is wisely making up for this, by storing game data on the HD just like a PC. SO if you end up with a huge game(and remember a Xbox game disc can hold up to 8.5GB) that save like 1GB or more on your HD for installation (like many current PC games) then that 8GB HD could fill up quite quickly.

THe PS2 having a 40GB drive is inconciquential. It didn't come with the PS2 and it will cost $100+ so it will never have a full market. Thus the vast majority of game developers will never support the PS2's HD.

Ainokeatoo
05-14-2008, 08:01 PM
Dudes...it will be a cold day in Hell before you run out of space on an 8gig hard-drive! Do you know how much space that is? I don't plan on downloading all my games or anything...what's the point with that? I plan on downloading some music so I can play my favorite toons with selected games...and, even then, that only takes a few megs...

LMAO now maxipads, can you figure out what to do with 8 gigs of space?

I know how old this thread is and I purposely came back in time just to bring a thread like this back to life... Why you ask? Because compare then to now, think how much eight gigabytes of memory was back then, now we're working in the upwards of 80+ Gigs on both Xbox and PS3. We didn't know what to do with just a puny amount of memory eight gigabytes haha wow, now what are we going to do with 120 Gigs? lmao

wicked_d365
05-15-2008, 08:06 AM
I never saw this thread till now. Man look how the times have changed, we were all drooling over GB :rofl: How much was that back then, a few hundred. Now for the same few hundred, you can get 80-GB, easy. I got GB on my Elite for that.
What every happened to that hardrive we were promised for our PS2. I remember buying the PS2 because it was going to be upgradeable, Then all we get is an adapter and some lame ass internet that they immediately dropped to work on the PS3.

Steeps5
05-15-2008, 04:55 PM
I really don't see the point in having 120 GB on the 360. How can you possibly use all that??? I actually just got an additional 250 GB hard drive for my pc to add to the 32GB it had. It is amazing these days how some hard drives can have up to 750 GB with just a single hard drive...

wicked_d365
05-15-2008, 05:06 PM
Honestly, I don't know, but I got it for only 300, sealed in the box. I loaded about 10 cd's on it, it laughed at me and said, that's it, BRING IT!

The only way i can see filling it up, is if I downloaded HD movies all the time, but there is no point, you only get to watch em once, and for the price, I can go rent 7 movies from teh Redbox.

Ainokeatoo
05-16-2008, 11:40 PM
Honestly, I don't know, but I got it for only 300, sealed in the box. I loaded about 10 cd's on it, it laughed at me and said, that's it, BRING IT!

The only way i can see filling it up, is if I downloaded HD movies all the time, but there is no point, you only get to watch em once, and for the price, I can go rent 7 movies from teh Redbox.

LMFAO If you want, you can purchase the games on the market place, or hell you know, you could burn at least 10K songs on it xD I dunno, it just seems that the 20 gig fills up so fast.

wicked_d365
05-17-2008, 07:49 AM
That i have noticed, my roomate has a 20gb and he only has 9 left, after a few cd's, updates, and a few XBLA games. But then again you only get 16. something out of the box, the rest is programing.

Ainokeatoo
05-17-2008, 08:01 AM
That i have noticed, my roomate has a 20gb and he only has 9 left, after a few cd's, updates, and a few XBLA games. But then again you only get 16. something out of the box, the rest is programing.

Lmao Lucky, after all that plus my FFXI that I have sitting on my hard drive I only have about... Four gigs xD

chris9191
05-21-2008, 04:09 PM
well if you think you can do alot with a 8gb hdd.. ive got a 180gb hdd and ive got evox dash with 40 games saved..