PDA

View Full Version : Conflict desert Storm website up

Xboxed
06-19-2002, 06:20 AM
http://www.conflict.com

Very good website with good info and interview with the SAS and developers. Nice little intro were you shoot the enemy

Spike Minoda
06-20-2002, 02:06 PM
thanks i been waiting for this game

Xboxed
06-20-2002, 02:12 PM
Played finished code at a conference and it was very, very good. The control is easy to get to grips with and the game uses stealth and firefights to get through

The real buzz for many though was the 2 player cooperative mode which was so funny. Control 2 guys each and complete the mission. The 2 player missions are different to the 1 player ones which makes a welcome change!!!. however setting up your sniper to take out the enmy only to see your mate send the artillary man across your line of fire leads to a loud shout at him questioning both his brain capacity and wether or not he knows his father:D. It is excellent

Sargent_Ryan
06-20-2002, 11:13 PM
Any chance for this on live or no?

Felon
06-21-2002, 01:18 AM
I like the premise

FpS_PhReeK
06-21-2002, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Xboxed
Played finished code at a conference and it was very, very good. The control is easy to get to grips with and the game uses stealth and firefights to get through

The real buzz for many though was the 2 player cooperative mode which was so funny. Control 2 guys each and complete the mission. The 2 player missions are different to the 1 player ones which makes a welcome change!!!. however setting up your sniper to take out the enmy only to see your mate send the artillary man across your line of fire leads to a loud shout at him questioning both his brain capacity and wether or not he knows his father:D. It is excellent

Its been a while since we talked about this title. I am still quite interested and I plan to pick it up the first day it is released. Thanks for the update Xboxed!:)

PhReeK out!

BlindSniper
06-23-2002, 01:16 PM
thanks man ive been waiting for this game

Xboxed
06-23-2002, 03:00 PM
It is from the UK and it is a Playstation 2 magazine but they like it alot

The Magazine is due to go on sale in 3-4 weeks time but the review has been shown at the recent games investor conference run by a stock broker. Photocopies of the 4 page review were passed out and below is the main sum up

CDS closing commentary from P2:

Use of experience points may sound scarily like Dungeons and Dragons-type play to come, but don't be put off! It's more a sneak-'em-up strategy game with shooting in, rather than specifically a shooter requiring stealth, so should appeal to just about anybody who can stomach the scenario. 9/10

4 separate mini-reviews: 2 score it 8/10 and 2 score it 9/10 – all very positive write-ups. Those are one paragraph thoughts by 4 other mag reviewers which the magazine says covers all bases as each of them prefer diferent types of games. So if all score it high as is the case here it is a very good omen. The review was 4 pages long and gave the game many positives and several superlatives.

And to think the XBOX one looked even better than the PSX2 one which of course it should be

deltaforce
07-02-2002, 10:54 AM
Some UK mag previews http://www.sci.co.uk/games/conflict/desert_storm/xbox/press/uk/

Xboxed
07-04-2002, 02:39 PM
The bold headline quotes from the article which scored Desert Storm 9/10

>>>The wealth of tactical options open to you renders Desert Storm a truely involving proposition<<<<

>>Reality is suitabley compromised in the interests of increaced playability<<<<

>>>The game excels in the way it balances the freedom to comanding against tactical restrictions<<<

And one more quote I paticularly like

>>>SCi has done a stunning job to make it just as tremendousley playable as a top first person shooter<<<<

High praise indeed!!!!

Afro Aura
07-06-2002, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Xboxed
It is from the UK and it is a Playstation 2 magazine but they like it alot

And to think the XBOX one looked even better than the PSX2 one which of course it should be
don't worry mate I've seen some early running demos on a program called Game-Pad 2 and it's pretty cool, like everyone else here I'm waiting for it too

Xboxed
07-06-2002, 11:59 AM
I have watched Game Pad 2 a few times but must have missed the Desert Storm bit.

The games is playable on OPM2 next month and PC gamer next month if you have either machine. If you do then don't admit it on here or the penelty for owning a PSX2 on here is quite severe I believe:confused:

Xboxed
07-31-2002, 06:42 AM
Very good preview of desert storm on Gamespot with new screenshots and movie

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/previews/0,10869,2876002,00.html