PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill 2: Inner Fears Announced

faceoff508
06-19-2002, 09:55 AM
Konami of Europe announced today that a new rendition of its best-selling horror title, Silent Hill 2, will be coming to the Xbox video game system from Microsoft in October.

Following the incredible success of the PlayStation 2 version - which has sold more than half a million copies in Europe - Silent Hill 2: Inner Fears takes advantage of the added capabilities of Xbox with enhanced graphics and lighting effects. It also opens a new chapter to the game with a new playable character and new areas to explore.

Silent Hill 2: Inner Fears takes players to the eerie town of Silent Hill, where they assume the role of James Sunderland. James has received a cryptic letter from his wife, asking him to meet her in Silent Hill, a place that holds great meaning for the couple. What would normally be a comforting, romantic letter scares and confuses James, as his wife has been dead for three years. The mystery of the letter compels him to return to the surreal horror and all-too-real danger in the monster-ridden town of Silent Hill.

Set amongst the dense fog and haunting darkness of the eerie town, and accompanied by dramatic music presented in Dolby Digital and incredible visuals, Silent Hill 2: Inner Fears pushes the boundaries of macabre horror. Players face frightening enemies and have access to a variety of weapons, including a pistol, shotgun and hunting rifle. Ultimately, however, they must rely upon their heads more than their trigger fingers while searching for clues and solving riddles. But nothing is quite as it seems in the town of Silent Hill?

--Teamxbox

Hugh_Jass
06-19-2002, 11:27 AM
Er...shouldn't that be Silent Hill 3?

Silent Hill 2 was subtitled "Restless Dreams".

SkoalMint
06-19-2002, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
Er...shouldn't that be Silent Hill 3?

Silent Hill 2 was subtitled "Restless Dreams".

I think that is just the subtitle they use for the European version, but I could be wrong. Storyline sounds the same as Restless Dreams.

JimmieDoogan
06-19-2002, 02:21 PM
I didn't know SH2 hadden't been released in Europe. If it hasn't then don't expect this version to show up here in the states. I wouldn't buy it anyway, as I already own the Restless Dreams version. They are so full of crap. It does not take advantage of Xbox's power in anyway. It barely looks better than the PoS2 version at all (I'd beatin the PoS2 version before I bought the Xbox version). I can't believe its even legal for companies to flat out lie like that. ****es me off. It just shows that the developer is nothing more than lazy. Pathetic....