PDA

View Full Version : Help!

cecilia627
06-19-2002, 11:02 AM
we trun th xbox on all the stuff comes up then there is an error message and says to call tech..tried turning off and leaving it alone for a day didnt work!. is there a place where you can take it to be looked at instead of sending it back to them???:(

Casper
06-19-2002, 11:05 AM
I take it that you didn't get the warranty? Do any games work in it?

wweomaniac
06-19-2002, 11:07 AM
How long have you had your xbox?
Maybe you can return it to the store.
If not.. once again. BUy another xbox,
return your old xbox in the box of the new xbox. It works every time.

Casper
06-19-2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
How long have you had your xbox?
Maybe you can return it to the store.
If not.. once again. BUy another xbox,
return your old xbox in the box of the new xbox. It works every time.

Don't do that...because it's not gonna work. Yeah, they may have the same UPC code...but what about the serial #? :rolleyes:

OppiumNitrates
06-19-2002, 11:59 AM
accually casper it will work depending on whos doing the transaction someone smart or some idiot and around here only idiots work in game stores . . . . must be a pre-requisit(sp) or somthing

Casper
06-19-2002, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates
accually casper it will work depending on whos doing the transaction someone smart or some idiot and around here only idiots work in game stores . . . . must be a pre-requisit(sp) or somthing

LoL, yeah but then again, your in Jersey, so what else do you expect to get? All the good ones work in NY :)

OppiumNitrates
06-19-2002, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by casper

LoL, yeah but then again, your in Jersey, so what else do you expect to get? All the good ones work in NY :)
LoL thats fine by me bro . . . i dont want smart people workin in my game store anyway so i can pull this trick off if i ever need to . . .

Scarlet Spider
06-19-2002, 12:27 PM
like i said earlyer, you have to switch out the insides and keep your old case. i recomend getting the may 02 issue of OXM, it tells you how to take it apart.

Dre
06-19-2002, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Scarlet Spider
like i said earlyer, you have to switch out the insides and keep your old case. i recomend getting the may 02 issue of OXM, it tells you how to take it apart.

That also voids your warranty.

Scarlet Spider
06-19-2002, 01:08 PM
who needs a warranty when you have a walmart?

cecilia627
06-19-2002, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by cecilia627
we trun th xbox on all the stuff comes up then there is an error message and says to call tech..tried turning off and leaving it alone for a day didnt work!. is there a place where you can take it to be looked at instead of sending it back to them???:( look all i want to know is what to do with this piece of junk that will cost 150 bucks to fix! I am reallllllllly angry!:mad:

DZNUTZ
06-19-2002, 05:27 PM
post 8 more times..then your post count will be over 10..and things will go better for u ....

lol

Spike Minoda
06-19-2002, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by casper

but what about the serial #? :rolleyes:

what if he didn't register his xbox would that work?

hook-worm J
06-19-2002, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by cecilia627
look all i want to know is what to do with this piece of junk that will cost 150 bucks to fix! I am reallllllllly angry!:mad:

How long ago did you buy it?

EDIT: Oh, btw, for everyone else: How long after I bought my Xbox am I still about to buy the extended warranty?

EHWfedPres
06-19-2002, 08:33 PM
People dont check things like serial numbers...at least EB dosent. They have to be able to reproduce the problem right then and there, because people kept returning their systems saying weird stuff like the person kicked it or something...

wweomaniac
06-19-2002, 08:52 PM
OK... my game gear (its been a while) broke twice when I had it. I just bought a new game gear and returned the broken one in the box I bought the new one in with the receipt.

It worked twice for me, and I'm sure it would work with your xbox. What can you lose? They can't arrest you.