PDA

View Full Version : HALO 2 info

JADE8704
06-19-2002, 04:32 PM
I know HALO 2 is far from release...but i found this bit of info at Teamxbox.com in their forums...it comes from the Official Xbox Magazine in the UK....here it is:

Mad props to the fellla that found this....

This was in my Official UK Xbox Magazine (Issue 5 July 2002)

HALO 2 CONFIRMED

Forget the rumours, here are the facts

WE WANT IT. You want it.
Everybody wants to know what's really going on with Halo. We know other than confirming it's coming, Microsoft has been very coy about the game, repeatedly dodging everyone's questions. Everyone, that is, except for Official UK Xbox Magazine.
We chatted with Xbox general manager J. Allard while at E3, and he was extremely candid about the world's most wanted game. "There's a full sequel to Halo in the works at Bungie," Allard told us, scotching rumours of a Halo 1.5 online version of the original game.
But there's good and ban news - Master Chief's next adventure won't be with us until Christmas 2003. That's ages away, and the wait is going to be hard, but it does show that Microsoft is prepared to wait and let Bungie produce another masterpiece, rather than forcing out a rush job to make a fast buck. It's a good sign for both Halo 2 and the future of Xbox in general.
What's more, Allard excitedly assured us that "Xbox live will play a massive part in Halo 2." Hardly a suprise, of course, but we really got the impression he'd have loved to have gone on about it all night
Halo 2 is being developed right now in Redmond, WA

DZNUTZ
06-19-2002, 04:36 PM
now thats music to my ears

Magnum Blast
06-19-2002, 05:15 PM
christmas 2003 eh. Well it will be worth the wait. Lets just hope were not in for any Nintendo style delays.

E Nomini Patri
06-19-2002, 05:45 PM
I read that at http://halo.bungie.org . Did you catch this from an interview with Jaime Griesemer?

Halo Story Tidbit - Revealed?

This just in - Jaime Griesemer, in an interview in the July issue of OXM UK, drops a considerable hint concerning the Halo (and possible Halo 2) story:

OXM: Can you tell us one single secret about Halo or its sequel that you haven't told anyone else?

JG: Well... I'll just say that Master Chief didn't meet all of the factions that had a hand in the events of Halo. There were forces behind the scenes that were alluded to, and you could probably deduce some of their motivations if you paid close attention. But they never confronted the Chief directly.

"Forces behind the scenes"? Not the Forerunner, we ran into them (or their creations, at least) all through the game.

Any thoughts? ;-)

Link: http://halo.bungie.org/story/news.html

Shorezy
06-19-2002, 06:03 PM
YES!:eek: :D MAN THAT'S SO GOOD! NICE FIND!

Xbox Owner
06-21-2002, 12:43 PM
SWEET!! Nice ass find, Jade!! I can't wait!

happygilmore897
06-28-2002, 09:01 AM
:eek: :D Great find Jade... The wait is really long but the game will be great I cant wait to see some screenshots of it.. Hopefully soon... I know i'll be first in line to buy it Christmas 2003