PDA

View Full Version : X-Box MEETUP

Underdog
06-19-2002, 07:42 PM
You've talked about games on our message boards now X-Box MEETUP gives you the chance to talk about games in person in 540 cities worldwide. On Tuesday, July 9 @ 7:00PM and so on for one day each month, you can meet face to face with other local X-Box fanatics to trade tips and talk about characters. If this sounds like something you would like to do, follow this link (http://www.meetup.com/) and sign up!

Underdog
06-19-2002, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Motoko S9
sweet!

any Connecticutians?

Well take a look here (http://www.meetup.com/locale/us/ct) !

Veno
06-20-2002, 09:47 AM
There are no more then 1 person in each city... Maybe we could meet with ourselves...? Yeah... Okay, thanks Chris.

Casper
06-20-2002, 09:49 AM
I signed up for the Ny one, but if I wanna meet up with my XBA boys, I'll just drive down to Dirty Jersey and see JJaX and the Ninja Icon :)

But thanks for the heads up on this, it's a good idea.

JJaX
06-20-2002, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by casper
I signed up for the Ny one, but if I wanna meet up with my XBA boys, I'll just drive down to Dirty Jersey and see JJaX and the Ninja Icon :)

I dont know if i could sit on some coffee shop and discuss gaming. Id rather drop bo's on someone in a game. And i doubt they would let us setup shop at starbucks and have a halo tourney :D

I dont get it though, Where do you "meet up"

BORNGD
06-20-2002, 10:22 AM
yea i am a little confused, talking about games? no thanks...but if we all just met up and did a tourny or just played games, that would be nice

Casper
06-20-2002, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by JJaX

I dont know if i could sit on some coffee shop and discuss gaming. Id rather drop bo's on someone in a game. And i doubt they would let us setup shop at starbucks and have a halo tourney :D

I dont get it though, Where do you "meet up"

Well, the 3 lamer sites that they had for up here was:
Dunkin Donuts :rolleyes:
Some restaraunt :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
And a bowling alley :rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes: :confused:

I dunno, after i saw that...nah man, maybe I won't even bother, that's just way too ... umm...geeky for me? :D

I just wanna get some kids around here to get in on some LAN games...that's about it :)

Ninja Scroll
06-20-2002, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by casper

Im wit dat Casper kid! I would feel like a gaming geek of I was to hook up with a bunch of so called gamer fans and chat about gaming.
Im too cool to flap my gums to sorry gamers I dont know.

But I do owe JJax a Soul Calibur DC ass kicking, Ninja Style!:cool:

Plus it would be cool to run a triple threat Halo game against you two Ninja Scroll fans!

:D

Hugh_Jass
06-20-2002, 12:08 PM
Nah. I don't like people.

JJaX
06-20-2002, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

But I do owe JJax a Soul Calibur DC ass kicking, Ninja Style!:cool:

PLease homie!
I just got a little SC in yesterday as a matter of fact. And my skillz are still intact. You dont want it, trust me im nasty like that.

Frostberg
06-20-2002, 02:34 PM
:mad: I signed up and then I clicked on the "What if you cant make it to the MEETUP" link and It wont let me change my account settings now! I didnt get to add in any comments or change anything...the only thing it knows is my email, nick and zipcode...BAH! It like auto submitted it and now I couldnt go back because it said "Thank you for registering...." And I didnt even get to finish...cry...

And BTW it said the MEETUP might not be at tle location you pick...not like it matters because there is only 1 city with 2 people and 21 members on XBox MEETUP so far anyway...and my closest place is a Circuit City like 30 miles away, a Starbucks 25 miles away and a Bowling Alley on some road I have never heard of...

Spike Minoda
06-20-2002, 02:55 PM
I remember the XBA dream come true thread by NS.

that would be better to have a xba thing once a year or month or what ever at a designated spot. getting there wold be tough

Shorezy
06-20-2002, 04:29 PM
Looks like there NOT coming to Toronto (Canada) let alone any other city in Canada.:( Is it me or are Canadians like a "third wheel"?

Frostberg
06-20-2002, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by halo_11
Looks like there NOT coming to Toronto (Canada) let alone any other city in Canada.:( Is it me or are Canadians like a "third wheel"?
Canada? Well, you guys did give us "eh" and maple syrup...

Hugh_Jass
06-20-2002, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg

Canada? Well, you guys did give us "eh" and maple syrup...

Let us not forget Terrence and Phillip, m'kay?

Underdog
06-21-2002, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by Veno
There are no more then 1 person in each city... Maybe we could meet with ourselves...? Yeah... Okay, thanks Chris.

What's your problem? Don't shoot the messenger! I'm not the one who thought up the idea. If you think it's a bad idea then email the one who did come up with this idea. I got the email the other day I posted it up and I thought some of you guys might want to do this. It's a very simple Veno, if you don't want to go then DON"T go. How hard is that? So get off my back, I'm just trying to do my job.

Some of you guys crack me up!:eek: You come to the message board day in and day out to talk about games, you go to the chat room to talk about games to people you don't even know and then turn around a say "yea i am a little confused, talking about games? no thanks..." or "I would feel like a gaming geek if I was to hook up with a bunch of so called gamer fans and chat about gaming. Im too cool to flap my gums to sorry gamers I dont know. "

When you came to this site the very first time did you know anybody? Have you made new friends since you have been in the Asylum? Well this is the same thing, don't you think? You'll be around people who have a common interest as you do, just like you have here at XBA, people who enjoy playing on their Xbox. Like I said above, I posted that info becuase it's my job and I thought some of you would like to do this. I don't care if you go or not.

Felon
06-21-2002, 03:31 AM
Why do I forsee a bunch of 13 year olds sitting around a table a chuckee cheeze giggling madly?

JohnB
06-21-2002, 12:18 PM
I think it would be better if we focused more on playing lan games rather than just talking about games and what not... just a suggestion.

JohnB
06-21-2002, 12:20 PM
awesome there are 3 meetup locations in my area... on the other side of town though... but thats cool.

Ninja Scroll
06-21-2002, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by DanieLudacris
I remember the XBA dream come true thread by NS.

that would be better to have a xba thing once a year or month or what ever at a designated spot. getting there wold be tough

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!!:eek: You remember dat thread Danie?
Mad props to you bro!;) This thread did make me think about it, but I was not gonna meantion it.
How long ago was that thread? ...hhmmm, i'd say about 2 or 3 months?

And yeah, it would be cool for us XBA amigos to meet, but da problem would be where since we all for the most part live all across da country I made famous!:D

But all da other XBA will have to invite their hoe's so ol' pimp daddy Ninja can bang'em for a minute,.. ya know,,,a little thank you from you all to me for being your Role Mode l& XBA Hero!:cool: