PDA

View Full Version : Morrowinds can be added to!

Brevity
06-19-2002, 08:57 PM
Morrowind for XBOX to accept MODs and UPDATES
WOOHOO!

Not sure if this has all ready been said. If it has to that or those peps sorry.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GameSpy: The Xbox version just came out, but it was supposed to come out at the same time as the PC version. Why the delay?
Todd Howard: Both were done at the same time, but the Xbox version wasn't completely tested and ready to go on the same day; it wasn't anything in particular. We had all kinds of problems moving a game like this to a console. I mean this was harder than we ever imagined. It just took a few weeks longer than the PC version.
GameSpy: The Xbox version is feature complete, same as the PC version? Nothing got cut or modified? (Aside from the toolset.)

Todd Howard: Yeah it's the same and it came out so good. I'm so excited!
GameSpy: So, what's in the future for Bethesda and Morrowind? Ready to announce Morrowind 2? Or maybe NCAA Road to the Final Four 3?
Todd Howard: (laughs) Currently we're trying to help the (PC) mod community. I'm shocked at how fast they're going. There are hundreds and hundreds of mods on the Internet already. Some of them are quite good. We've taken some of the best one's and polished them up and put them on our site. We have three up right now and more are coming.
GameSpy: Have you thought about putting the best one's on disc for Xbox users? How would you deliver them?
Todd Howard: There's been some talk of that. It'd probably be one's [mods] we've created. We actually built the Xbox version to accept them automatically, so it's mainly a matter of getting them on the Xbox hard-drive. Maybe [it'll happen as] a magazine cover disc or through the Xbox Live service.
GameSpy: Anything you'd like to say in closing?

Todd Howard: We are incredibly thankful for the support the fans … and the people who have gone out and bought the game have given us. People supporting us ensures that we will be able to do this more in the future and in even bigger ways than people can imagine.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Plewis
06-19-2002, 09:03 PM
awesome news! Morrowind is sooooo awesome! If you dont have it pick it up today or tommorow! thats not a suggestion thats a command;)

*cough*RPG forum*cough*

Discretion
06-19-2002, 09:18 PM
I got Morrowind yesterday and I love it... Best RPG i have EVER played

faceoff508
06-19-2002, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Plewis
awesome news! Morrowind is sooooo awesome! If you dont have it pick it up today or tommorow! thats not a suggestion thats a command;)

*cough*RPG forum*cough*

I returned mine today. It wasnt what I hoped for, too boring!!

E-Xbox
06-19-2002, 09:24 PM
wow !
this is such sweeeeet news!
i hope this happens!
this game is sooo sick!

peace

Dre
06-20-2002, 07:59 AM
Sweet music to my ears!! I've been really hoping this would happen.. man this is soo cool!! One of the best games I've been playing is going to have some kickass stuff added to it! This opens up so many possibilities! Perhaps a mod with added high-level monsters or an alchemists guild... so many possibilities.. WOOHOO!

Thanks for the news Brev

Brevity
06-20-2002, 08:13 AM
I got it for PC and Xbox and wow I got the new official patch last night for the pc and the Xbox could really benifit from it. It has a thing to let you see everybodies health among other things and a difficulty bar to make it higher. Sound great right well there are so many other mods out there I cant wait to see them added.:)

JJaX
06-20-2002, 08:22 AM
I heard there was a mod that puts Boba-fett in the game and he hunts you. And if you kill him you can take his armor like anyone else you kill :cool:

MOrgE
06-20-2002, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Brevity

Todd Howard: There's been some talk of that. It'd probably be one's [mods] we've created. We actually built the Xbox version to accept them automatically, so it's mainly a matter of getting them on the Xbox hard-drive. Maybe [it'll happen as] a magazine cover disc or through the Xbox Live service.

maybe Todd is trying to hint something here by mentioning the XboX Live service... maybe Morrowind will be offering all sorts of updates/addons with Live.... wouldn't that be awesome??

SkoalMint
06-20-2002, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Brevity
Morrowind for XBOX to accept MODs and UPDATES
WOOHOO!

Not sure if this has all ready been said. If it has to that or those peps sorry.

I hadn't heard it before other than a bunch of wishful thinking. Great news and great find Brev. As usual.

OppiumNitrates
06-20-2002, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by JJaX
I heard there was a mod that puts Boba-fett in the game and he hunts you. And if you kill him you can take his armor like anyone else you kill :cool:

Dude r u serious . . . thats the coolest thing ever . . . but u think out of all the mods out there that we will be able to get this one???

JJaX
06-20-2002, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates

Dude r u serious . . . thats the coolest thing ever . . . but u think out of all the mods out there that we will be able to get this one???

im sure some genuis that loves morrowind will make some program that can take user MODs and burn them to disc and make the xbox recongnize it.

I guess we are going to have to wait and see eh?

Dre
06-20-2002, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

im sure some genuis that loves morrowind will make some program that can take user MODs and burn them to disc and make the xbox recongnize it.

I guess we are going to have to wait and see eh?

Gotta love the geeks... they make things so much cooler :)

DZNUTZ
06-20-2002, 12:30 PM
can u belive i've only been able to log about 30-45 mins of gameplay on morrowind so far?:(

i can't wait till i get some free time to really dive into this game.

Dre
06-20-2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
can u belive i've only been able to log about 30-45 mins of gameplay on morrowind so far?:(

i can't wait till i get some free time to really dive into this game.

Ya.. the first hour I played I was like.. oh no this sucks.. and started playing Halo. Then I gave it a 2nd shot the 2nd day and since then I've been logging a good 5-6 hours a day :) Wow.. I'm pathetic...

Actually, I haven't played for the last two days cuz its been so nice out here that I've been going out drinking on pub patios every night :)

mother
06-20-2002, 02:22 PM
brb gotta get a towel.

Frostberg
06-20-2002, 02:29 PM
Well, I dont know If I will have time to play Morrowind when XBL comes out...all those multiplayer games...UC and Fever 2003 or NFL2k3 will take up most of my time...maybe Morrowind can sneak up in there if I get some additions...

And I'm on 56k until the 13th of July! OUCH! It sucks...It's almost not going to XBA...It takes like 3 minutes for the reply button to even be able to click...and it doesn't even show up, I just know it is there...but it had 43 other images to load...bah...

E-Xbox
06-20-2002, 04:39 PM
oh man~!
i got this game yesterday..
and i love it..
i played it for like 1 1/2 hours yesterday..
and all i was doing was stealing..selling ...stealing selling..
today.......i played for more..
i got a question for u guys..
what should i do..
i stole a lot stuff from a merchant when a guard was rite there..
then i booked it out..
if i pay..its 848 (i have 1000 gold)...
or i can just try to not talk to the guards..
but is there n e other way i can get them to stop wanting me for arrest?
they dont chase me when they see me tho...

peace

Brevity
06-20-2002, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by SkoalMint

I hadn't heard it before other than a bunch of wishful thinking. Great news and great find Brev. As usual.
Hay thanks,,, I like the idea of it coming to the masses by XBL. Also, Jjax great idea for somebody to make all those other user mods work on the Xbox through some hack... I wont get right on that as I am a idiot,,, and can barely manage to play games, but tomorrow I plan on visiting the nerdery and will relate this to them. Whats a Nerdery? Where is it? Do they validate? Well I cant tell you any of that b/c the will give me a Colonic without the use of regular equipment,,,if you get my meaning,,,as most dont. Sept Jjax who seems to enjoy both my jokes and that aformentioned procedure. Well it a day for me, seeya boyz and the very few chicks here. (like Ninja and Max):cool:hehe

Brevity
06-20-2002, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by E-Xbox
oh man~!
i got this game yesterday..
and i love it..
i played it for like 1 1/2 hours yesterday..
and all i was doing was stealing..selling ...stealing selling..
today.......i played for more..
i got a question for u guys..
what should i do..
i stole a lot stuff from a merchant when a guard was rite there..
then i booked it out..
if i pay..its 848 (i have 1000 gold)...
or i can just try to not talk to the guards..
but is there n e other way i can get them to stop wanting me for arrest?
they dont chase me when they see me tho...

peace
Steal some more then pay, so it wont hurt you so bad. I have not got any other ideas. I get cought all the time. I like the added house in my PC vertion to stash stuff,,,,just a aside. Frost that sucks, Highspeed net is the Opiate of the Masses.

EHWfedPres
06-20-2002, 08:19 PM
Maybe they will add a new island or something, Who knows. It kicks ass tho. Perhaps they wil add merchants that actually have ALOT OF MONEY! Or not, who knows...id settle for new weapons or armor...

EHWfedPres
06-20-2002, 08:20 PM
And how can anyone possibly find Morrowind boring? Making spells that kill off 10+ people at once is boring? No its not, ask Dre. :)

Morrowind is the best console game that I have ever played.

E-Xbox
06-20-2002, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
And how can anyone possibly find Morrowind boring? Making spells that kill off 10+ people at once is boring? No its not, ask Dre. :)

Morrowind is the best console game that I have ever played.
i have 2 spells..
frostbite...and fireball..
and neither of them ever works! :mad: :mad:

peace

EHWfedPres
06-20-2002, 09:03 PM
cause your skills arent high enough.

E-Xbox
06-20-2002, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
cause your skills arent high enough.
yea i know...
i havent played enuff...
but how do i earn spell skills?
peace

RadRider
06-20-2002, 09:13 PM
Dude, edit the first post and change it to "Morrowind", without the s! It's bugging the hell out of me!

monkeyman
06-20-2002, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by RadRider
Dude, edit the first post and change it to "Morrowind", without the s! It's bugging the hell out of me!

haha you dont like stuff like that do you like when people dont use periods like me or abreviate you and are to u and r do you?:D

anyways that would be sweet i just wish that the merchants would have like unlimited money so they can buy all your stuff i have some ebony weapons and glass weapons i wont ever use hehehe i stole em from some storage room it was great:D

EHWfedPres
06-20-2002, 10:20 PM
Well every time your level goes up, increase your intelligence. steal alot of stuff and sell it. use the cash to buy destruction skills or whatever you want. Conjuration for summoning stuff, etc.