PDA

View Full Version : Which football game will rule this year, i hope its FEVER

MEL
06-19-2002, 10:38 PM
Basically im just plain sick and tired of JOHN MADDEN'S
"FAT SLOPPY ASS" and the SEGA football just looks
the same every year, this is just my opinion.

Will anyone be giving "NFL FEVER 2003" a chance
like me?

khaos2005
06-19-2002, 11:03 PM
I gave NFL Fever 2002 a chance, and will do the same for '03.

spliffdUP
06-20-2002, 05:24 AM
NFL2K3 will be the best football game this year. Madden looks like its gonna be the same besides the commentary and Fevers gonna be the same as last years. Fever 2002 is only going to be out for 9 months before 2003 comes out which means they didnt have much time to improve it so the game play will be the same. Also Madden will be a port of the PS2 version and it wont even be online but NFL2K3 will probably be alot better on Xbox since Sega seems to be favoring Xbox.

wweomaniac
06-20-2002, 08:29 AM
Last year, Madden was the best.

This year, it wil be sega 2k3. I'm assuming this because all the critics are naming this the best. That's all I'm going by because I haven't played any of them yet(obviously) whereas I played all of last years titles.

khaos2005
06-20-2002, 08:30 AM
Fever's gameplay has been completely revamped.

Highlite23
06-20-2002, 08:50 AM
I gotta go with 2K3. I have always liked it. I think with Sega being so supportive of MS it will deliver probably the best football game in th3e 2K series.

That being said, Fever is going to get a looksy from me, the early reports indicate a completlly new game.

And lastly, just for the record, i have never liked Madden.

faceoff508
06-20-2002, 08:51 AM
Fever looks like it will be the best!!

Dre
06-20-2002, 09:05 AM
Also, for any Xbox live users.. if you're a Madden fan its going to suck to be you while the other 2k3 and Fever peeps are playing online with full teams, or full seasons where you manage your team and play against other people with their own team.. you can keep on listening to Madden's irritating repetitive commentary.

Taranis
06-20-2002, 09:21 AM
I will definitely give Fever a chance. I love the running game and the playbooks of Fever02.

However, I am probably going to go with Sega's NCAA FB 2K3 for my college fix. I'm hoping that they differentiate the game from its NFL counterpart.

One thing I loved in a NCAA game (can't remember whose, EA maybe) I played way back on the PSOne was old famous college teams. I used to run the triple option with Herschel Walker and UGA's 1980 championship team 'til the cows came home. I'll be looking for features like that from Sega but I haven't read anything yet.

JJaX
06-20-2002, 09:51 AM
Well Fever blows sweaty lion sack. I thought that game was a joke. It had the game play of a line at an amusement park and the animation was just retarted. Nice tackle animations, all 1 of them. The sound was dumb as hell and the commentary was painful to listen to.

Now the offense is gonna run the ball, or throw it. But the defense knows this
Now that was phat!

Everytime you hiked the ball they played the same sound clip, It had nothing to do with players actually colliding it was just a sound clip. ANd the hits sounded like i was baking cookies.

Well anyways, I want madden but being it wont be online im probaly gonna go with Segas 2k3. I wonder if sega is gonna make any new sound effects this year :rolleyes:

Spaztic
06-20-2002, 10:01 AM
Fever rules I am definatly going to buy 2003!

Casper
06-20-2002, 10:06 AM
JJaX, one thing that I will be waiting for is all these changes that Fever will be doing. There WILL be new commentary, so there goes that old one out the bag. Also, the weather will be determined based on the weather report for whomever is the "home team". So when I win the coin toss, take home team, and it's snowing up here in NY, it will be snowing in the game. I think that's tighter than those dreadlocks on yo mommas head ;)

Xbox Owner
06-20-2002, 10:08 AM
In order:

Fever
2k3
Madden.:D

E-Xbox
06-20-2002, 10:11 AM
i will!
i thought fever 2002 was the best football game ever made..
and with the additions they made towards 2003..
its gonna be even sicka!!!
and online...deeeeeeeeyam!

peace

JJaX
06-20-2002, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by casper
JJaX, one thing that I will be waiting for is all these changes that Fever will be doing. There WILL be new commentary, so there goes that old one out the bag. Also, the weather will be determined based on the weather report for whomever is the "home team". So when I win the coin toss, take home team, and it's snowing up here in NY, it will be snowing in the game. I think that's tighter than those dreadlocks on yo mommas head ;)

Thats pretty cool, but i have a feeling the gameplay will still suck mummy C0ck.

fever blows.................Period.

BORNGD
06-20-2002, 10:20 AM
madden has a huge fan base, so madden will win the sales easily....

but fever or sega's will be better i am almost positive about that

Casper
06-20-2002, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by JJaX

Thats pretty cool, but i have a feeling the gameplay will still suck mummy C0ck.

fever blows.................Period.

mummy c0ck huh? dam...I was gonna go to CrackDonald's for some grub, but for some reason I just lost my appetite...putz.

I have played Madden since 1840 and I am totally sick of it. I am happy that Pat Summerall got fired this year cuz I was starting to fall asleep listening to him in the NFL games, then I would do the same when him and FatBoy were commentating that game. The graphics got better, but that should be a given :rolleyes: . I thought that it was on the same engine since PoS1, but maybe that's just me. And now they sell out to Sony, man...funk that!

I will give both Fever and Sega 2K3 a chance, I'll probably even play then both. I didn't play Sega last year because I was so upset of how it played on the DC, so I didn't even bother until I hear some better stuff (and Ninja shoving it down my mouth, like I did to his girl last night;) , ain't gonna change me yet).

We shall see. I want to keep my faith in M$ with making Fever kick major arse on XBL, but I haven't played it yet, so it's nothin but hope....know what I mean? :cool:

Xbox Owner
06-20-2002, 10:28 AM
madden could be good this year, but i am stilll goin wit fever. i got tromatized (sp?) when playin it last year..

JJaX
06-20-2002, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by casper

mummy c0ck huh? dam...I was gonna go to CrackDonald's for some grub, but for some reason I just lost my appetite...putz.

I have played Madden since 1840 and I am totally sick of it. I am happy that Pat Summerall got fired this year cuz I was starting to fall asleep listening to him in the NFL games, then I would do the same when him and FatBoy were commentating that game. The graphics got better, but that should be a given :rolleyes: . I thought that it was on the same engine since PoS1, but maybe that's just me. And now they sell out to Sony, man...funk that!

I will give both Fever and Sega 2K3 a chance, I'll probably even play then both. I didn't play Sega last year because I was so upset of how it played on the DC, so I didn't even bother until I hear some better stuff (and Ninja shoving it down my mouth, like I did to his girl last night;) , ain't gonna change me yet).

We shall see. I want to keep my faith in M$ with making Fever kick major arse on XBL, but I haven't played it yet, so it's nothin but hope....know what I mean? :cool:

yea i hear you. You had some good one liners in that post, Nice :cool:

But i have faith in sega in making a good sports title. I just want them to work on there sound effects.
But as far as fever goes, Im not even gonna touch it.

POD13259
06-20-2002, 06:22 PM
No question that Fever is going to rule, especially since it will be online and with full use of the headset communicator, meaning you can mentally conquer your opponent, as well. (You know, psychologically weaken him.)

No, I'm not ****ed up like that. I just have interesting thoughts every once in a while.

EHWfedPres
06-20-2002, 07:13 PM
NFL Blitz 20-03

If its not coming this year oh well, Blitz is the only football game thats any fun. Midway makes the best sports games. From NBA hangtime to NHL Hitz...all fantastic games. I dont know if I can say the same about Redcard Soccer, but oh well.

wweomaniac
06-20-2002, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
Well Fever blows sweaty lion sack. I thought that game was a joke. It had the game play of a line at an amusement park and the animation was just retarted. Nice tackle animations, all 1 of them. The sound was dumb as hell and the commentary was painful to listen to.

Now the offense is gonna run the ball, or throw it. But the defense knows this
Now that was phat!

Everytime you hiked the ball they played the same sound clip, It had nothing to do with players actually colliding it was just a sound clip. ANd the hits sounded like i was baking cookies.

Well anyways, I want madden but being it wont be online im probaly gonna go with Segas 2k3. I wonder if sega is gonna make any new sound effects this year :rolleyes:

You think the exact same way I think and thought. Those were my impressions on both Fever 2002 and nfl 2k2 and that is why I'm picking 2k3 as well.

cool someone else isnt totally assimilated by microsoft.

EHWfedPres
06-20-2002, 07:23 PM
my brother dosent really like madden, and he hates 2k2, but he loves fever...and he likes Blitz...but anyway, who cares about football when you have great games like deathrow and enclave coming!

POD13259
06-20-2002, 07:30 PM
I care about football!

The only fighting game I ever really liked was Soul Calibur, and that could probably work as an Xbox title.

EHWfedPres
06-20-2002, 07:35 PM
Soul Calibur II is coming in Q4 to the Xbox.

2k2freak23
06-21-2002, 12:17 PM
When I tried Fever I thought it was horrible. Madden is a good game but too realistic and Sega's NFL 2k2 was awesome. It would let you play how you want to. This year NFL 2k3 will rule. Can't wait to play it online.

Xbox Owner
06-21-2002, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by 2k2freak23
When I tried Fever I thought it was horrible. Madden is a good game but too realistic and Sega's NFL 2k2 was awesome. It would let you play how you want to. This year NFL 2k3 will rule. Can't wait to play it online.

Yeah. But fever isn't that bad, i mean..well, you're right. but itwas still fun..

tWoTOMA
06-21-2002, 03:10 PM
How can anyone like Fever? I'd rather play Blitz! At least that game knows that it is an arcade port and goes about it in a fun way. Fever looks like a sim, but plays like crap. All passes are lobs, no matter how hard you throw it, running is too easy, tackling looks the smae every time, unless he throws a clothesline or punch. Why even have the punch in the game if it looks so much like a sim. I understand the gameplay will be completely revamped. I doubt it! Microsoft is trying to get a game that appeals to both Madden and 2K2 fans, so they have a hybrid of arcade and sim that everyone will like, right? Wrong, Fever was aswful.

Madden was terrible too; it tried to be a sim, but they didn't realize that the graphics and passing game suck. Also, why is it that you can run full speed to a side, wait for someone to dive at you, release all buttons to stop on a dime, then start at full speed again, with no acceleration? Sprint, Stop, Turbo. There was no physics behind it. And why are thier heads so big?

2K2 was hands down the best. The graphics were lacking because it was essentially a DC port, but this year it is being built to run on Xbox and ported to PS2 and Gamecube. The graphics should be a lot better, so if you team that up with its alrady great simulation gameplay, sounds, animation (if someone dives and hits your foot, you hobble on one leg, how can you complain about that?), and the unbelieveable WSB franchise mode, this game is going to be the best ever!

robnyack
06-22-2002, 12:23 PM
last year, Fever and Madden both were very close. Both were very good games. I had always been a little partial to Madden simply because I was a major Madden online league franchise player with the pc version. Nothing better than 31 guys each owning a team and we all go head to head on the field and off the field working trades and talking smack.

This is what I pray for with xbox live Fever, but I think we still might be a ways away from that involved a concept of online franchise football leagues. For now, I think it will be nothing more than hooking up with a friend to play a game.

But, with Madden bowing out of the online part of xbox, I think Fever sales is going to CRUSH madden xbox sales in 2003. I don't even know why they would bother competing. They might as well just not put out a xbox version. I honestly dont think anyone will buy it. Who is going to buy a game that is pretty much equal in all other areas, but, one lets you play online and the other doesn't? No one.

As for Sega's brand of football? I might have to give it a shot this year. I have not played it since their final Dreamcast version, and was not real big on it. But, lots of people seemed to like it.

It does appear though, that the only big change in store store for any of the 3 franchises this coming year is the addition of online play for Fever. So, in the end, it looks like Fever will be taking a big step forward, while the others will rest on their laurels. Madden does add Al Michaels to go with John Madden though this year. That should be interesting.

playmoresoccer
06-22-2002, 09:46 PM
I am going to buy Fever and 2k3 because it is going to be online and Madden won't.

POD13259
06-23-2002, 12:33 PM
Yeah, I can't wait for Xbox Live. I just hope to God there's broadband in my area.