PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 = Christmas '03

SkoalMint
06-20-2002, 09:19 AM
Found this over at TeamXBox. Appears to have come from the Official UK XBox Mag.

Link (http://www.teamxbox.com/news.php?id=3352)
-----------------------------------------------------
The latest issue of the Official UK Xbox Magazine has the first official news on Halo’s sequel. As mitchy1690 revealed for the very first time in our forums, UK OXM chatted with Xbox general manager J. Allard while at E3. "There's a full sequel to Halo in the works at Bungie," Allard told UK OXM, scotching rumors of a Halo 1.5 online version of the original game.

But this full sequel won't be available until Christmas 2003, since Bungie is committed to release another 'killer app' and not just a second part. You bet Halo 2 will finally feature an online component. "Xbox Live will play a massive part in Halo 2," said Allard.

Issue 05 of Official UK Xbox Magazine also includes 'Halo: The Untold Story', a UK-exclusive video presentation included on the Game Disc. 'Halo: The Untold Story' contains previously unseen and unavailable behind-the-scenes footage detailing the game’s creation. If you live in Europe, suscribe now to the Official UK Xbox Magazine.

OppiumNitrates
06-20-2002, 09:22 AM
thats cool but y isnt that halo untold story gunna be on the US OXM disk??

Veno
06-20-2002, 09:38 AM
I'm really confused about there being a halo 1.5 online version, yes it's a rumor but can't halo be played on xbox live the way it is?

SkoalMint
06-20-2002, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Veno
I'm really confused about there being a halo 1.5 online version, yes it's a rumor but can't halo be played on xbox live the way it is?

From what I have heard, the answer to your question is no. Halo is only compatible with system link not XBox Live. Services like GameSpy and XBConnect support the sytem link games, but will not be able to support XBox Live games unless the game is also compatible with system link play.

MOrgE
06-20-2002, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Veno

i don't think so... i mean, i'm not an expert or anything... but i remember reading somewhere that the original Halo isn't compatible with XboX Live... thus why everyone began to make rumors of a Halo 1.5 to be released... Halo 1.5 was supposed to be Halo 1 but with Live support...

i guess the only Live support we will see will be in Halo 2...

but still... WOW... i can't WAIT!!!!:cool:

E-Xbox
06-20-2002, 10:13 AM
sweeet!!
i cant wait...
but first..
i cant wait for xbox live ..
unreal championship should occupy most of my time..
and halo 2 will be here in no time!

peace

Xbox Owner
06-20-2002, 10:21 AM
I saw this in one of the other forums. But, I can't wait, I hope it lives up to the hype.