PDA

View Full Version : Halo on Xbox Live?

bluefire712
06-20-2002, 10:01 AM
I was wondering whther or not Halo and other pre-Xbox Live games will be patched and be avaible for play across Xbox Live. This may sound like a really stupid question, but I haven't really heard the words "Halo" and "Live" come together on this board. Will all of the System Link games be Live-enabled?

E-Xbox
06-20-2002, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by bluefire712
I was wondering whther or not Halo and other pre-Xbox Live games will be patched and be avaible for play across Xbox Live. This may sound like a really stupid question, but I haven't really heard the words "Halo" and "Live" come together on this board. Will all of the System Link games be Live-enabled?
they wont be 'patched'
but 'halo live' has been reported as a xbox title..
there is not really n e info on it tho..

peace

JJaX
06-20-2002, 10:17 AM
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/0,11114,561537,00.html

Thats about all i need to know ;)

E-Xbox
06-20-2002, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by JJaX
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/0,11114,561537,00.html

Thats about all i need to know ;)
hmm..
in the other thread it says there will be no xbox live halo..
until halo 2..which is scheduled for xmas 2003

peace

JJaX
06-20-2002, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by E-Xbox

hmm..
in the other thread it says there will be no xbox live halo..
until halo 2..which is scheduled for xmas 2003

peace

I think you reffering to this thread Here (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=16021)

No where does it say anything in the article disregarding halo "online".

Its just a confirmation that halo 2 will be compitable with Xbox live as well.

Im 100% sure halo "online" aka halo 1.5 is still in the works.

I hope i cleared things up.........

E-Xbox
06-20-2002, 10:32 AM

I think you reffering to this thread Here (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=16021)

No where does it say anything in the article disregarding halo "online".

Its just a confirmation that halo 2 will be compitable with Xbox live as well.

Im 100% sure halo "online" aka halo 1.5 is still in the works.

I hope i cleared things up.........

Originally posted by SkoalMint
"There's a full sequel to Halo in the works at Bungie," Allard told UK OXM, scotching rumors of a Halo 1.5 online version of the original game.
then whats that jjax?!
it says it rite there..in that thread..
and yes that is the thread i was referring to..

peace

JJaX
06-20-2002, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by E-Xbox

then whats that jjax?!
it says it rite there..in that thread..
and yes that is the thread i was referring to..

peace

Well i think those UK punks better get there act together. As far as Papa JJaX is concerned bungie best be bustin there ass' to give me halo 1.5.

JJaX Shakes fist at screen

OppiumNitrates
06-20-2002, 11:29 AM
i dunno JJax, if u think of the facts, Bungie lacks, the money sacks . . . accually they dont cauz M$ owns them but it rhymed . . . but really i say Fok 1.5 put all the hard work and new ideas into a brand new halo 2 . . .

JJaX
06-20-2002, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates
i dunno JJax, if u think of the facts, Bungie lacks, the money sacks . . . accually they dont cauz M$ owns them but it rhymed . . . but really i say Fok 1.5 put all the hard work and new ideas into a brand new halo 2 . . .

Yea i hear that.

I just think halo is a great game, and the way to play it online now is garbage when it comes to having a really competitive and fair playing ground.

i just thought if we could play Halo over XBL it would have been sweet as hell. But dont get mew wrong, Halo 2 by christmas 2003 is sweet news.

OppiumNitrates
06-20-2002, 11:42 AM

Yea i hear that.

I just think halo is a great game, and the way to play it online now is garbage when it comes to having a really competitive and fair playing ground.

i just thought if we could play Halo over XBL it would have been sweet as hell. But dont get mew wrong, Halo 2 by christmas 2003 is sweet news.

there accually is a fair way to play 1v1 . . . u get someone to be a referee . . . i had this idea but its kinda weird and it would only work if people are not A-holes but thats usually not the case ready here goes . . .

lets say u and MAx want to have a fair game . . . host a game and u both come in to my room . . . i set up a guy and name him 'Referee' and make him that bright ass yellow color . . . . i set up the game and inforce the rules(let say u both agree to no rockets and no powerups, i would make sure that no one picks that ***** up), killing me is off limits and i would say away from the action (and i can not pick up wepons or power ups cauz im not really playing) . . . this way since neigher u or max r hosting u dont have the advatage . . . kinda wacky but it would work if people followed the rules and didnt kill the ref . . . but lets say i accidentally got killed u just kill your self and lose the point . . . again this would have to be done with people looking for a fair game cauz i would see how that could get out of hand . . .

JJaX
06-20-2002, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates

there accually is a fair way to play 1v1 . . . u get someone to be a referee . . . i had this idea but its kinda weird and it would only work if people are not A-holes but thats usually not the case ready here goes . . .

lets say u and MAx want to have a fair game . . . host a game and u both come in to my room . . . i set up a guy and name him 'Referee' and make him that bright ass yellow color . . . . i set up the game and inforce the rules(let say u both agree to no rockets and no powerups, i would make sure that no one picks that ***** up), killing me is off limits and i would say away from the action (and i can not pick up wepons or power ups cauz im not really playing) . . . this way since neigher u or max r hosting u dont have the advatage . . . kinda wacky but it would work if people followed the rules and didnt kill the ref . . . but lets say i accidentally got killed u just kill your self and lose the point . . . again this would have to be done with people looking for a fair game cauz i would see how that could get out of hand . . .

Yeah thats cool. But it sounds like a lot of preperation before the game even begins. Ill just stick to playing on my LAN until Some sort of FPS comes out for XBL. ;)