PDA

View Full Version : So who's gonna plop down $200 for SB??



Highlite23
06-20-2002, 01:11 PM
Steel Battalion looks amazing no doubt, but 200 smackers????

Let me say that i probably will........

WHAT ABOUT YOU?

DZNUTZ
06-20-2002, 01:21 PM
probably not i....it would have to recieve game of the year for me to do that.

RudedogX
06-20-2002, 01:40 PM
Only if I hear good things about it and the price drops. That 40 button controller almost seems like information overload just looking at it.

Knight
06-20-2002, 01:48 PM
Nope not me, maybe if I get more $$$!!

Dre
06-20-2002, 01:51 PM
Not really into those kind of games, but I must admit this one does look cool. That controller alone must be worth a fortune... I wonder how much money they are losing selling it at 200$. Anyways, I'm hoping my buddy picks up the game and I can borrow it from him later on down the line.

Knight
06-20-2002, 01:55 PM
I bet you MechWarrior 4: Mercanaries will be better then SB(yes I'm getting Mech Assault)!!

http://www.gamestop.com/common/images/lbox/644925bm.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/common/images/lbox/210154bm.jpg

Spike Minoda
06-20-2002, 02:17 PM
200? Jesus Christ! I might as well buy a new xbox or just 5 other games I want. there are 30 buck games ot there now...

or i can just rent it and the controller prolly... 50 bucks for 50 days :D

Highlite23
06-20-2002, 02:41 PM
Since were on the subject...

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=210222

Ninja Scroll
06-20-2002, 02:45 PM
Okay, im lost on this one,... WTF is SB? And I take it, that it is a PC game, right?
And why the hell is a game $200.00? Does it come with a hooker, hoe, or slut? Am in getting my ninja nutz blown for this... please tell me why this is worth $200.00!!???:confused:




NOTE: from the XBA Staff- we do not condom,..er..condone Ninja Scrolls above post,..though we do agree he is da Icon around dis joint so he does have a point!


:D

Knight
06-20-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
Okay, im lost on this one,... WTF is SB? And I take it, that it is a PC game, right?
And why the hell is a game $200.00? Does it come with a hooker, hoe, or slut? Am in getting my ninja nutz blown for this... please tell me why this is worth $200.00!!???:confused:




NOTE: from the XBA Staff- we do not condom,..er..condone Ninja Scrolls above post,..though we do agree he is da Icon around dis joint so he does have a point!


:D

It's Steel Batallion and it comes with a 40 Button controller!!

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=210196

Spike Minoda
06-20-2002, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Knight


It's Steel Batallion and it comes with a 40 Button controller!!

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=210196

Yeah didn't you know that, Role Model?

Knight
06-20-2002, 03:03 PM
But Steel Battalion is one of those rare instances when the controller, not the game, is the big story. And we mean huge. Due this winter on Xbox, Steel Battalions is also bundled with a 40-button simulation controller console that's about 2 feet across, with two control sticks, three foot pedals and more. It's an impressive "peripheral" to say the least, and it will come bundled with Steel Battalion, when it ships. In fact, you cannot play Steel Battalion with a regular Xbox controller, according to Capcom. The controller/game bundle is a necessity and not necessarily a way to introduce new hardware into the market.

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/steelbattcontrollein1r.jpg

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/steelbattalionsetup.jpg

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/362/362157p1.html

Ninja Scroll
06-20-2002, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Knight
But Steel Battalion is one of those rare instances when the controller, not the game, is the big story. And we mean huge. Due this winter on Xbox, Steel Battalions is also bundled with a 40-button simulation controller console that's about 2 feet across, with two control sticks, three foot pedals and more. It's an impressive "peripheral" to say the least, and it will come bundled with Steel Battalion, when it ships. In fact, you cannot play Steel Battalion with a regular Xbox controller, according to Capcom. The controller/game bundle is a necessity and not necessarily a way to introduce new hardware into the market.

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/steelbattcontrollein1r.jpg

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/steelbattalionsetup.jpg

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/362/362157p1.html

OMG!! Mad crazy pimped up props to Knight for da pics!
Now this explains it all. Is this game getting released in da U.S?
If so, I highly doubt it will sell well with a price tag of a next-gen console!
Those controllers for some reason make me think of the old Atari consoles.:eek:

Knight
06-20-2002, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll


OMG!! Mad crazy pimped up props to Knight for da pics!
Now this explains it all. Is this game getting released in da U.S?
If so, I highly doubt it will sell well with a price tag of a next-gen console!
Those controllers for some reason make me think of the old Atari consoles.:eek:

Yup it's coming out but will only be sold at Gamestop & EB and some web pages!!

Ninja Scroll
06-20-2002, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Knight


Yup it's coming out but will only be sold at Gamestop & EB and some web pages!!

You mean this game will not be available in stores? So your telling me someone like Best Buy wont carry this game?
Where did you hear this Knight?

I bet in it's online only Capcom will loss more money than they will loss if it was in the stores as well.
I bet da shipping & handling will run this game atleast another $10.00 more!:rolleyes:

mother
06-20-2002, 03:17 PM
okay so im the biggest mech fan out there. i still have my robotech luch box i got from korea when i was 6. (and my dukes of hazard) so naturally i hell in love with this game the first time i herd of it. so YES i would pay 200 bucks for this but im betting it will go around 170. BUT the game has to have some sort of upgrade option to keep the game new, via dl online or booster dics. because it would really suck balls to have that tight ass controller and only one game to play it on. if there were dl, patches, mods availiable online then HELL FAQN YEAH im going to buy it.

look out for robotec its cel shaded maddness.

wu

Spaztic
06-20-2002, 03:17 PM
game looks like a boring piece of crap. The controller looks huge, and in a couple weeks it will be a oversized paper weight. Whoever buys this game it retarded!

mother
06-20-2002, 03:19 PM
nu nu......huuh

Knight
06-20-2002, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll


You mean this game will not be available in stores? So your telling me someone like Best Buy wont carry this game?
Where did you hear this Knight?

I bet in it's online only Capcom will loss more money than they will loss if it was in the stores as well.
I bet da shipping & handling will run this game atleast another $10.00 more!:rolleyes:

The only stores that will have it will be Gamestop & EB!!

Knight
06-20-2002, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by mother
okay so im the biggest mech fan out there. i still have my robotech luch box i got from korea when i was 6. (and my dukes of hazard) so naturally i hell in love with this game the first time i herd of it. so YES i would pay 200 bucks for this but im betting it will go around 170. BUT the game has to have some sort of upgrade option to keep the game new, via dl online or booster dics. because it would really suck balls to have that tight ass controller and only one game to play it on. if there were dl, patches, mods availiable online then HELL FAQN YEAH im going to buy it.

look out for robotec its cel shaded maddness.

wu

Are you getting MechWarrior 4: Mercanaries & Mech Assault??

xboxmaster2002
06-20-2002, 04:44 PM
i might if it works with other games i dont really want to buy a 200$ controler just for 1 game so if it works with others i will.

Highlite23
06-20-2002, 05:32 PM
FYI...According to an article in GI

"....and as of now, Steel Batalion is the only game compatible with the controller. Capcom did say, however, that it does have other ideas in the works (including an online/multiplayer Steel Batalion follow-up), and that it would talk with other developers interested in designing games for this peripheral."

Hugh_Jass
06-20-2002, 09:26 PM
$200, $300, $400...whatever it costs, I'm buying it. Not only do I think this game will be insanely fun, but I want to encourage other game publishers to take risks (such as custom controllers). I think this game will sell a lot of XBOX consoles.

I predict PS2 and GC fanboys will be more than a little jealous.

wweomaniac
06-20-2002, 09:30 PM
Not willing to spend the same price as my xbox to get a game. $200 is a bit extravaggent for a controller that will only work with one game. May buy it used... its too bad, because i've been waiting for this game for a while.

EHWfedPres
06-20-2002, 09:30 PM
I dunno about buying it because I got no job right now...i will by this summers end, but i really REALLY want to play with that big ass controller. Its friggen huge to say the least.

Also, read this...




Steel Battalion Price Revealed |Dustin| 12:58 AM EST |Top|
Source: http://www.ncsx.com/
Type: News

The folks over at National Console Support have added the Steel Battalion controller and game for sale in their shop.

The game and controller package will run for a price of Y19,800, which is around $160 USD, which is a relief to most gamers, as the rumored price ranged from $250 - $300.

The controller is by far one of the largest controllers ever created for a console, involving over 40 buttons, as well as joysticks and foot pedals.

Steel Battalion will arrive on shelves under it’s Japanese name of Tekki on August 22nd, but no official US release date has been set.

EHWfedPres
06-20-2002, 09:31 PM
Oh yeah, mechAssault will kick major anus...especially online. :cool:

Sargent_Ryan
06-21-2002, 12:26 AM
I would never pay 150-200 for a game. I would rather go and buy 3 or 4 games that I will have just as much fun with since there is going to be about 10 games out that I want between now and christmas. I'll wait 2 or 3 years until this game is at 50 like all the other ones unless I win it somewhere or get it preowned for that price.

Hugh_Jass
06-21-2002, 12:13 PM
I've alredy spent hundreds of dollars per game by purchasing used coin-op arcade machines.

UltimateAg
06-21-2002, 12:53 PM
I've really looked forward to this game, but that price tag is pushing it (it's as much as a new xbox).

Also where are you going to play the game with that big-@ss-cool-looking-40 button-monster of a controller. Consoles are meant to be played in front of a tv. The 40 button controller will have to lay flat on a table or something and then the 3 foot pedals down by your feet, I don't think you'll be able to just lay the controller on your lap?! So the layout is better suited for a pc with a desk and chair, not a living room with a couch. I'm happy when developers take chances, push the limits, and break the mold but this just doesn't seem logical to me?

Slacker
06-21-2002, 12:59 PM
The Japnese price isn't what the price will be here, Japanese prices are always high , we will get it for cheaper maybe 150.00 maybe even less, but consider one MS controller costs 40 bucks ,

Can you imagine a Second party controller for SB heheEHHEH made by trick,,,,, now that would be waste of money even if it was free, it would die on you in the first ten minutes of play ,,,

EHWfedPres
06-22-2002, 01:31 PM
That is true. The exchange rate makes things in Japan cost more money. Thats why many bands add songs to their cds for the Japan/European releases so they arent paying extra money for the same thing that were getting. Either way...this game will be awesome.