PDA

View Full Version : Something I'm worried about in Morrowind

Master Gracey
06-20-2002, 12:24 PM
I know you level up after you get 10 points in either your major or minor skills. Then there are the other skills that you get points in after you level up... I'm talking about the ones like personality, luck, strength, intelligence, etc.

So what I'm worried about is that after you get to 100 in all of your major and minor skills, you will no longer be able to level up. What if those skills you only get after leveling up aren't at 100? What if I'm at the maximum level and my intelligence is still only 70? Will there still be a way to get my intelligence up permanently or am I stuck with it?

EDIT: One of my fav things to do in RPGs is get everything possible to the maximum amount. If I find I can't do that, I'm not going to be pleased. :(

JJaX
06-20-2002, 01:01 PM
Read books................

Dre
06-20-2002, 01:03 PM
Or go to jail and lower your skills!

EHWfedPres
06-20-2002, 03:44 PM
Or find magical items that raise your stats. I have 100 Intelligence already, 90 something strength, 90 something personality, etc. A good way of making sure that you get alot of stats up when you level is to raise alot of skills just enought o get a level and then when you do level up, you will get like x3 or x5 for everything.

RadRider
06-20-2002, 09:15 PM
You can max out all your stats to 100. All you have to do is use that skill. The wierd thing is, and I think it goes like this; you have to level up a combination of your major and minor skills by 10 points, then when you level, you simply raise the other attributes that don't get the multipliers. Okay, that's not wierd afterall.

Also, you can get spells that will fortify X attribute, making it higher than 100, so in theory, you can keep raising your stats way past their max.

EHWfedPres
06-20-2002, 10:18 PM
But what if you have 100 in all your major and minor skills (i know hardly anyone is even close to that), then how do you gain a level? You can go to jail but theres no guarantee that your major/minor skills will decrease at all. I think that Bethesda set it so that your stats (str, int, etc...) will hit 100 before your skills do. I know mine sure did. My personality is 93 (63 actually, i have the masque thingey), int is 100, str is 96, etc. Others are at 60 and some a little above 40 only...but either way, probably nobody will reach that point of 100 maxed out everything for a long while.

Im going to be playing Morrowind as much as possible until Enclave comes out. I have been waiting for this game since last year when I first heard about it. I saw nearly every screenshot released, dozens and dozens of videos, i have read tons of articles, etc. I dont care if it does go multiplatform because Xbox is getting it first, so we get the amazing bump mapped textures that make this game look oh so pretty. Also, MULTIPLAYER!

And then i'll be playing Enclave until Midtown Madness 3 and Deathrow are released this fall. I'll be playing MM3 online all the time, and Deathrow with my friends...both games will kick major ass.

And by that time i'll probably be level 100 in Morrowind!

zfBRAT
06-21-2002, 04:23 AM
Lemmie know how that goes while playing other games. I work at least 40 hours a week and am on level 3. I read a lot of books and hafta sleep to absorb some things. However, I did start over twice, cos I didn't like my past characters. I'm a high elf/thief/magic-user now. I love that :p

John002
06-21-2002, 05:19 AM
It's going to be awhile 'til I have to worry about maxing out my skills.
:)

EHWfedPres
06-22-2002, 12:14 PM
well i just seld a ton of crap that I had laying around and got around 40k...so I bought out mysticism from that lady in Sadrith Mora...and im at 100...maximum prophiency achieved it says...but my progress to the next level is 2 out of 100...perhaps you can keep going with the skills but not gain any points in that category...i dunno.

Alien
06-22-2002, 03:39 PM
One thing I'm not worried about, but slightly bothered by:

What happens if you get so far into the game, that you run out of gold? Like you've stole all the stuff worth stealing, bartered it, etc. And you run out of gold? Like you can't find anywhere to get some money? You could do the Guild quests, but those don't pay very much at all. Or you could start killing people, but you couldn't then pay for your bounty on your head. :o Just something I was thinking about today.

Knight
06-22-2002, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Dre
Or go to jail and lower your skills!

Any skill that gets to 100 will not lower when in jail!!

Tkf5000
06-22-2002, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Alien
One thing I'm not worried about, but slightly bothered by:

What happens if you get so far into the game, that you run out of gold? Like you've stole all the stuff worth stealing, bartered it, etc. And you run out of gold? Like you can't find anywhere to get some money? You could do the Guild quests, but those don't pay very much at all. Or you could start killing people, but you couldn't then pay for your bounty on your head. :o Just something I was thinking about today.
Shopkeepers restock money every 24 hours. If you somehow manage to kill all the shopkeepers you wont need money. You can just take evrything.

EHWfedPres
06-22-2002, 09:45 PM
Kill ordinators in vivec and sell their armor. Guards always come back.

zfBRAT
06-23-2002, 03:53 AM
Aren't we the hero everyone's looking for? I say max out your skills and start killing. Some folks just won't die. However, you better be high up, before you start killing :p

Tkf5000
06-23-2002, 09:22 AM
Some folks just dont die?lol. everytime i play i hit someome one time and kill em. It really gets on my nerves. I got Umbra a really valuable sword.chop:10-50,slash:10-45,thrust:10-40.

John002
06-23-2002, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Tkf5000
Some folks just dont die?lol. everytime i play i hit someome one time and kill em. It really gets on my nerves. I got Umbra a really valuable sword.chop:10-50,slash:10-45,thrust:10-40. \

Where did you find that Umbra?

silvertrace
06-23-2002, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by John002
\

Where did you find that Umbra?

an orc has it outside of suran, he must talk to him and he will explain why u must fight him, the sword is two handed so u cant use your shield, it also has soulcap for 120 seconds;)

Alien
06-23-2002, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by silvertrace

an orc has it outside of suran, he must talk to him and he will explain why u must fight him, the sword is two handed so u cant use your shield, it also has soulcap for 120 seconds;) Oh man...I want that sword bad, but it will be usless to me. I am a Agent, and they suck very bad with two handed longblades. However, they are extremely good with shortblade one handed weapons.

silvertrace
06-23-2002, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Alien
Oh man...I want that sword bad, but it will be usless to me. I am a Agent, and they suck very bad with two handed longblades. However, they are extremely good with shortblade one handed weapons.

same here, i stick to ebony shortblades and 1-handed long blades

i also have an enchanted daedric dagger that has an original rate of attack of 8-12, and i added 13-18 poison, its bada$$:D

Alien
06-23-2002, 11:15 AM
That's cool. Do you enchant your own stuff? I'm planning on enchanting my Glass Dagger, or Glass War Axe, but I just got them repaired last night...and then I went to bed. I'm okay with Axes, I trained in it a few times, but I might just sell the thing if I don't like it. I always use enchanted weapons. My favorites I use are the Dwemer Jinksword, which is a shortblade that Paralyzes For 10 Seconds, the Silver Viperblade, which is also a shortblade which Poisons 5-11 Points, and the dagger I use is the Wild Shardblade, which is a glass dagger, that does Frost Damage 1-20 Points. I also carry a Steel Crossbow...and some other swords I don't use much. And the Glass Axe.

silvertrace
06-23-2002, 11:20 AM
if u enchant your own items be sure to check the amount it can hold, i tried to enchant a glass daggar and its ability was out of /6

but my glass shield (which restores health 55-70) was out of /30

meaning the shield could hold more, it depends on the item and what its made out of, i've noticed ebony holds more:cool:

EHWfedPres
06-23-2002, 02:31 PM
I use a Daedric Longsword, one handed. My favorite 2 handed weapon is a Glass Claymore that i have. I have about 5 or 6 Ebony Shordblades and countless Ebony Maces from killing ordinators to sell their armor. :cool:

azmodan
06-25-2002, 10:55 AM
heh i have a enchanted daedric katana that does like 1-60 damage for everything plus does 100-100 fire damage on strike its pretty sweet ordinators fall in one or two hits of my weapon and i am a mage! i have some really sweet custom mage spells too

Tkf5000
06-25-2002, 11:38 AM
I want to enchant umbra but i cant cuz its already enchanted. i was planning on keeping it thru most or all the way thru the game (along with my crossbow) , there might be swords that do a little more damage but at least umbra does at least 10 no matter what. i might enchant my daedric katana because i have a daedric shield to go with it. i enchanted it really good once but i didnt save the game. i got planty of money 200+k and a ton of armor and i just found a full set of ebony armor that im gonna sell and now someonme just said kil the ordinators and ill have to do that and sell there ebony maces (i thought they were steel). and ill never have to run back to the theives guild because i just turned into a vampire and all i have to do is taalk to them and they attack me!! being a vampire rules!!

zfBRAT
06-25-2002, 05:40 PM
Someone stole my clothes and left me with my weapon and shield. However, you can't be naked on the game. I had hide bra and panties...lol

Tkf5000
06-26-2002, 08:20 AM
Yea i found that out too. :(

zfBRAT
06-27-2002, 11:16 PM
Maybe you stole my clothes...lol

EHWfedPres
06-27-2002, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by zfBRAT
However, you can't be naked on the game.

Yeah, thats kind of like a Thank God and an Aww Dámmit! at the same time...

zfBRAT
07-08-2002, 02:27 AM
But if you talk to people in the animal skin coverings, they treat you like you're naked. It's so funny! And they don't admire you at all no matter how good I look :)

zfBRAT
07-08-2002, 02:28 AM
Microsoft wouldn't appreciate semen on the xbox. Can we say semen here?