PDA

View Full Version : Do you read?

khaos2005
06-20-2002, 12:29 PM
Does anyone read the books they find in Morrowind? I mean actually read them, page by page, not just so you can increase a skill and close the book.

I read some, mostly the ones on warfare, tactics, guilds, and the history of a race, etc. I don't read a lot of the poem books or anything else like that.

So who reads these things?

Master Gracey
06-20-2002, 12:32 PM
I've read a few, and the more I read, the more I feel I should be reading. They have some seriously helpful stuff in those books!!! I was just perusing them before, making note of the more important ones to take with me. But now I may actually go back and read them.

At first, when you didn't know much of the story, they seemed to be a bit overwhelming. I found myself saying stuff like "what's an Altmer?" But now that I know the game, I can follow what's being said in the books and they're very useful.

Dre
06-20-2002, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Master Gracey
I've read a few, and the more I read, the more I feel I should be reading. They have some seriously helpful stuff in those books!!! I was just perusing them before, making note of the more important ones to take with me. But now I may actually go back and read them.

At first, when you didn't know much of the story, they seemed to be a bit overwhelming. I found myself saying stuff like "what's an Altmer?" But now that I know the game, I can follow what's being said in the books and they're very useful.

I usually play this game high so I put all the books in my inventory and bring them back to my house and read them the next day with a "clearer" head. They are really helpful. I usually jot some notes down as I'm reading. They'll often talk of items or places that are worth looking for. Its fun.. plus I find it adds a whole new dimension to the game. There is so much story in this game its unbelievable.

The best book so far has got to be ABC's for Barbarians. That thing is just funny!

Master Gracey
06-20-2002, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Dre
I usually play this game high so I put all the books in my inventory and bring them back to my house and read them the next day with a "clearer" head. They are really helpful. I usually jot some notes down as I'm reading. They'll often talk of items or places that are worth looking for. Its fun.. plus I find it adds a whole new dimension to the game. There is so much story in this game its unbelievable.

The best book so far has got to be ABC's for Barbarians. That thing is just funny!

That book is SO funny!!! :D I love how it only has "A", "B" and "C". Hilarious stuff!

About three days ago, I started doing what you're doing. I'm taking every book with me and making a stash of books that I currently keep in my Ebonheart residence.

EHWfedPres
06-20-2002, 03:48 PM
i only read the Corpse Preperation books. I have the first 3 volumes...

khaos2005
06-20-2002, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Dre

Hell yes! That was hilarious. I was figuring all 26 letters, but they just had the three (like the title said) and three pictures to match. Haha, I knew the dev team had a sense of humor.

RadRider
06-20-2002, 09:17 PM
After I get my Fort here, I'm going to start making a Dwemer museum, an alchemy room and a library (among other things).
The best book I've read yet, is ... well, I don't remember the title or where I got it from. But, it was hilarious. It was about this king who is more agile in his heavy armor than he is without... You'll have to read it.