PDA

View Full Version : RPG Forum is finally alive

Dre
06-20-2002, 01:13 PM
<Dr. Frankenstein's (or whoever made the dudes) voice>Its ALIVE!!!

Woohoo! With the release of Morrowind this place has finally come alive! I remember posting crap in here and getting a response maybe 3-4 days later when someone finally wandered on in here. Ah.. good times now!

There are so many more killer RPGs coming that this place is going to get hotter than Elizabeth Hurley.

-Star Wars Galaxies
-Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
-Phantasy Star Online
-Phantasy Star Online II
-Shenmue II
-Lord of the Rings
-Project Ego

And I know I'm missing ALOT. WOOHOO!! A new sub-community in XBA has begun and the future is looking bright my friends!

Shoua
06-20-2002, 01:19 PM
i must say there is a fine list of rpg games coming out all but that Lord of the Rings game this is the only game that might suck from what i have seen of it the Xbox got the crappy looking version. I cannot wait for Project Ego i have been drooling over this game since the time it was annouced *drools*. Well i gotta get back to some Morrowind now, game is so addicting eheh:eek:

OppiumNitrates
06-20-2002, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Shoua
i must say there is a fine list of rpg games coming out all but that Lord of the Rings game this is the only game that might suck from what i have seen of it the Xbox got the crappy looking version. I cannot wait for Project Ego i have been drooling over this game since the time it was annouced *drools*. Well i gotta get back to some Morrowind now, game is so addicting eheh:eek:

i dis agree about the LOTR game .. . . Xbox is getting the version that does not go with the story line of the second movie "The Two Towers" . . . so they r not restricted by the characters and theams of the moive giveing them a free choice to include alot of other Tolkin stories into the game(and truest me there r tons of tolkin stories)

but yeah dre i know what u mean about the 2 day responces, but since MW this place got a pulse . . .

Shoua
06-20-2002, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates

i dis agree about the LOTR game .. . . Xbox is getting the version that does not go with the story line of the second movie "The Two Towers" . . . so they r not restricted by the characters and theams of the moive giveing them a free choice to include alot of other Tolkin stories into the game(and truest me there r tons of tolkin stories)

Yeah i agree the story will be cool and stuff, but graphics wise i think the game is a little to cartoony looking like I seen the PS2 screens and they don't really look cartoony but i hate the ps2. I know it is 2 different games but i wish the xbox one had more realistic graphics.

EHWfedPres
06-20-2002, 03:41 PM
Shenmue isnt really an rpg, considering you only play as one character, that you dont get to create yourself, and the game is too linear. Thats like saying Devil may Cry is an rpg. You need freedom to have a real rpg.

Dre
06-20-2002, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Shenmue isnt really an rpg, considering you only play as one character, that you dont get to create yourself, and the game is too linear. Thats like saying Devil may Cry is an rpg. You need freedom to have a real rpg.

Project Ego is one character that you can't create yourself. But I guess its the whole, the way you play it is your character creation -- which is even cooler.

EHWfedPres
06-20-2002, 05:27 PM
I heard project Ego had character design, and female characters...but I think I also heard they did away with females...either way, you can (i think) chose your name at least, and you can decide what he looks like, cutting hair, wearing clothes, etc.