PDA

View Full Version : Xbox mobile monitor in September

JJaX
06-20-2002, 02:50 PM
LINK (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2871385,00.html)

Interact announces that it will release a mobile monitor for Microsoft's system.

Following the release of its mobile monitor for the GameCube and the announcement of its mobile monitor for the PlayStation 2, Interact has announced that it's currently working on a mobile monitor for the Xbox. The mobile monitors are designed to attach to the system, enabling Xbox owners to theoretically use the system while on the go. Interact also plans to release a universal converter and car adaptor that will power 110V devices through a car's cigarette lighter socket.
"Since the announcements about our newest mobile monitors, we've heard from our consumers and they are psyched to be able to take their consoles on the road and have the option to play their favorite video games," said Rodney Hillman, vice president of product development for Interact. "We are offering all the necessary equipment to take any video game system in the car, across town to Grandma's house, across the street to a friend's house, or even to take it to a vacation rental or hotel. You don't have to leave your system at home anymore when you go away."

The Xbox mobile monitor is scheduled for release in September.

:cool:

Frostberg
06-20-2002, 02:59 PM
I dont think this is real economical...I'm gonna put the heavy ol' Xbox on top of my lap with the small screen on it so I can see...if the Xbox wasnt to big and heavy it would be good...but I would rather have it big and heavy so it is powerful and left at home.

Besides, everyone tells me the interact screens suck...

JJaX
06-20-2002, 03:14 PM
True frostberg, but i thought someone around here might be interested.

I think it would be sweet if i could some how get a small screen on the dash of my car and have the audio come through the car speakers. Grenades would sound cool coming out of 2 10" JLs.

OppiumNitrates
06-20-2002, 03:14 PM
so with a wireless connection on a laptop u could even play on XbC on the go . . . . nice . . .

DZNUTZ
06-20-2002, 03:30 PM
i agree w/frostberg completley.....xbox is to big for on the go....gc is probably the best on the go system available due to its tiny size..but i have also heard the interact screens made for it totaly suck and get returned way more often then not.

Casper
06-20-2002, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates
so with a wireless connection on a laptop u could even play on XbC on the go . . . . nice . . .

Ummm...unless you have access point at every house or you plan on just "going" to your driveway, a wireless connection won't do jack for ya.

I'm not gonna waste my time with this though. Thanks for the info JJaX cuz I saw the ones for GC and PoS2 and was wondering why there wasn't one for the Box yet, but that answered my pondering. I would rather hook up my jeep with a small TV for whomever wants to roll in the back and play. Plus, then I could hook it up to my system too :p

Shorezy
06-20-2002, 04:24 PM
I have "Lil' Screens" in both my cars, so i can play the Xbox on the go already. I think this is alright, but for anywhere where you are carrying the Xbox, it might be too much of a hassel. I use the Xbox in my cars quiet often, but my converter (from 110v to car adaptor) isn't working to well. I might have to get a new one and they're pretty pricy. Again, a portable screen would be pretty sweet, but a bit of a hassel.

Frostberg
06-20-2002, 05:28 PM
To go mobile I wanted to buy something like this...

http://static.zoovy.com/img/theauto/-/pltv5n.jpg

And an FM Modulator to play audio out of the car speakers...
There are even combo kits with DVD players but who cares if you have your Xbox hooked up!

You would just need a cheap power converter you can get at WalMart or even Big Lots!

Go Big Lots!

sorry...

Xbox Owner
06-20-2002, 06:16 PM
How much do you guys think it is? I personally get car sick, but maybe not anymore..

Hugh_Jass
06-20-2002, 08:31 PM
I wouldn't use the XBOX in a moving vehicle. The hard drive isn't built to absorb shock. If they had used a laptop hard drive I would reconsider.