PDA

View Full Version : Verizon & Microsoft Team Up

faceoff508
06-20-2002, 08:29 PM
Verizon and Microsoft are teaming up to deliver innovative, high-speed, digital subscriber line (DSL) Internet access and services that can be offered across the country over Verizon's 34 million DSL-capable access lines. The agreement expands upon the companies' existing relationships in the wireless and online information services arenas and furthers their commitment to providing a superior broadband experience to customers nationwide.

The co-branded service will combine premium Internet services and content from the MSN network of Internet services, the No. 1 online destination worldwide, with high-speed Internet access and world-class customer support and features from Verizon Online. The result for consumers will be a customized browser featuring unique Internet services and applications that are designed for top performance over Verizon broadband connections.

Once it's available early next year, the co-branded Verizon Online with MSN service will become the preferred Internet service offered to all new and existing Verizon Online DSL customers. In addition, Verizon Online DSL will become the preferred Internet service offered to MSN Broadband Internet Access customers in Verizon's service area. The service will be available to all MSN Broadband and Verizon Online residential DSL subscribers where Verizon Online offers DSL service.

Verizon will be the primary provider of DSL and core telecom services for the new co-branded service and will promote special offers for a variety of our product lines, including local and long-distance calling, caller ID, call waiting, voice mail, print and electronic yellow and white pages, directory assistance, wireless and more.

The co-branded service also lays the foundation for future delivery of individually or jointly developed premium offerings, such as file sharing, collaborative browsing, Internet-based voice services and unified messaging,

--Teamxbox

EHWfedPres
06-20-2002, 08:34 PM
I dunno if that good or not because I didnt read it.....but I have Adelphia digital cable and I do plan on playing Xbox online...

Sargent_Ryan
06-20-2002, 09:02 PM
YES !!!!!! I can finally get dsl in my area when they do that then. I have been waiting for this just because of xbox live. Your all dead now once I get on there. And pres where do you live in pa becasue adelphia is all around me but I got stuck with service electric.

E-Xbox
06-20-2002, 09:18 PM
hmm..
this is very good news..
now peeps who dont have broadband necessarily..
will have a better chance of gettin it..
good work m$

peace

Xbox Owner
06-20-2002, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by E-Xbox
hmm..
this is very good news..
now peeps who dont have broadband necessarily..
will have a better chance of gettin it..
good work m$

peace

like me....even tho I can still get it, lol.:D

Kooster
06-20-2002, 10:07 PM
this is good for me in case att starts charging for bandwidth.

Laxeph
06-20-2002, 10:12 PM
This is sweet. Hopefully more people will be on Xbox live.

EHWfedPres
06-20-2002, 10:24 PM
Wait, hold on a second...

Can you hear me now?

Scarlet Spider
06-21-2002, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Can you hear me now?
hahahhhehe

Felon
06-21-2002, 12:21 AM
I hate verizon

DOOM
06-21-2002, 07:04 AM
I Wonder if they Will offer Some Kind Of Package Deal!!!
That Would Be Sweet...
Save Some $$$$!!!

MOrgE
06-21-2002, 07:21 AM
it seems to me like Microsoft really wants to push this Live service to as many people as possible....

i think there is no more doubt that Live will be a success... Microsoft wouldn't be pushing all these mini Live projects if it was worried about it....

right? :)

Hugh_Jass
06-21-2002, 11:29 AM
Before you get too excited you should know that DSL is range-limited. You must be within three miles of your POP (telephone company point-of-presence) for DSL to work. MSN being involved changes nothing in that regard.

mrmp3
06-21-2002, 01:07 PM
I really don't care for Cable. My friend has Roadrunner and although it's fast, when you got like the whole town on it lags tremendously. My friend that has DSL never had the problem plsu he's got the static IP (I think that's what it's called) and gets ping of like 36 when there are 20 players in a room for MOH:AA which isn't that bad compared to the 136 my other friend gets. BTW, I heard Verizon has the worst DSL service out. Is that true? Signing off...