PDA

View Full Version : Ea aquires Black Box Games. What does that mean for sega sports???

guitargod711
06-21-2002, 08:25 AM
Sega sports games are undoubtly the best sports simulations on the market as far as i'm concerned. What if EA jumps ship on Xbox??? What does this mean for our beloved sega sports lineup? NHL 2k2 and others were designed by visual consepts and black box entertainment

http://www.sgn.cc/news/individualitem.php3?autonumber=397

JimmieDoogan
06-21-2002, 10:52 AM
Hopefully it means EA can finally make a good hockey game. They're hockey sucks ass. BTW Visual Concepts made the last NHL for Dreamcast which was 2k2. I believe 2k3 is also being made by them.

Ninja Scroll
06-21-2002, 02:32 PM
Who really cares? Black Box sucks so much dat Sega canceled NHL 2K1.
I say dont let da door hit dem where my Katana will split dem fools!
Visual Concepts will bring respect back to this franchine of hockey.

Not dat I give a rats ass since I could care less for a hockey game.:rolleyes:

Xbox Owner
06-21-2002, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
Who really cares? Black Box sucks so much dat Sega canceled NHL 2K1.
I say dont let da door hit dem where my Katana will split dem fools!
Visual Concepts will bring respect back to this franchine of hockey.

Not dat I give a rats ass since I could care less for a hockey game.:rolleyes:

lol, I agree. But i did enjoy nhl2001, i mean, it was pretty fun. way to easy, though..:eek:

Guibs
06-21-2002, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by JimmieDoogan
Hopefully it means EA can finally make a good hockey game. They're hockey sucks ass. BTW Visual Concepts made the last NHL for Dreamcast which was 2k2. I believe 2k3 is also being made by them.

While you complain on EA NHL series, we are still waiting for Sega first decent Hockey game. So far, Ea had no problem making an hockey series more realistic, more fun, more complete in all of the departement than Sega. Unfortunatly, Sega hockey franchise isn't amoung sega priority, which is unfortunate. NHL EA series is superior to any attempt by sega so far.

JimmieDoogan
06-21-2002, 04:21 PM
More realisitic... yeah so much so that the players bearly move more than their feet and the stick, the goalies bearly at all try to stop the puck and hardley ever fall on the ice, AND THEY NEVER FALL ON THE PUCK LIKE REAL GOALIES ALWAYS DO! Not to mention the fact the the puck never pops up so to speak. It stays flat CONSTANTLY. Play that EA NHL 2002 again, you'll notice there is NO REALITY to that puck what so ever. Not to mention the fact that you can score every two seconds like nothing. At least Sega is going for TRUE realism. The goalies on NHL2k2 for DC are AMAZING. They block like no others. The players even move in a way I've not seen in a hockey game. Not to mention the puck actually has a sense of realism to it, seeing as how it can move any which way, as opposed to remaining stationary on one side, it actually twists and turns like a real puck. I know this because I own NHL 2001 for PS2 as well as NHL 2002, and I will own 2003. I also own NHL 2k for DC as well as 2k2 and I will own 2k3. I even own NHL Hitz (fun little game, but in no way real). The way the players move is best in the Sega games, bar none. Not to mention the fact that IT TAKES SKILL TO SCORE IN NHL 2k2 from sega. With EA's game, you don't even have to make a good play. Just keep shooting at the goal, and the horridly animated goalie (who falls every GREAT once in a while, like once every 20 games) will just let one by eventually. Argue these points away all you'd like, I'VE PLAYED ALL THESE GAMES FOR LITERALLY HUNDREDS OF HOURS.