PDA

View Full Version : Outlaw Golf disc problems solved

darianX
06-21-2002, 10:54 AM
I've been following Fps-freek's threads here and on the OG devs board about the dirty disc errors. He went and bought a lens cleaner and swapped another copy of the game and he sez it worked. So I went and picked up a lens cleaner, cleaned the little Xbox lens and played OG, Jersey Turnpike course (the one that always, ALWAYS froze on me). I'm glad to announce that after several hours of play it is working great. A side benefit seems to be that games load faster now....hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Oh BTW, I went to the official Xbox site and asked the tech person if it was OK to use a lens cleaner on the Xbox....he said any standard CDROM lens cleaner will work fine. So after 7 months, maybe some folks need a little cleaning in there :)

FpS_PhReeK
06-21-2002, 10:57 AM
Great news darianX,,, I am glad to hear that you worked it out... best wishes and may the game gods be with you.

PhReeK out!

p.s. make sure you check out my unlock list post, I love Scrummy, I think he has the best comments.:p

Hugh_Jass
06-21-2002, 11:49 AM
This is great news! I have been holding back on Outlaw Golf due to all the problems people have been reporting. Maybe I'll pick it up this weekend.

Dre
06-21-2002, 12:42 PM
Maybe this will solve my Morrowind dirty disc error. I'll have to go buy one of these lens-cleaners now.

Snoopy7548
06-21-2002, 04:53 PM
i have a cd lens cleaner, u think i should use it? im still not sure, cause some people say that you shouldnt use them with ur xbox.

studepaber
06-24-2002, 02:37 PM
Is it a CD ROM lens cleaner that uses alcohol or the one with just the small brush?

Snoopy7548
06-24-2002, 04:34 PM
just the one with the small brush

Xbox Owner
06-25-2002, 10:47 AM
thanks for the news! do u know how much a lense cleaner is?