PDA

View Full Version : I'm disappointed so far, BUT...

tWoTOMA
06-21-2002, 02:49 PM
Hardware - I had to send mine in to get fixed after I owned it for 5 months. The DVD laser just stopped reading discs! However, I got it back quickly and had to pay nothing, so it's ok. PS2 came out with many more bugs than the Xbox has. The hardware has the potential to be great, but as of right now most games don't use it. B

Games - There have been a few killer exclusives like Halo, Rallisport, World Series Baseball, Hunter, and Morrowind, but other flops like PGR, Fever,Inside Drive, Azurik, Nightcaster, and Bloodwake. The only great ports I can think of are Max Payne, Spiderman, and Silent Hill 2. The rest of the ports have been either weak games or decent games that have no real Xbox benefits. C+

Future - This is why I bought my Xbox. Exclusives like Project Ego, Brute Force, Unreal Championship, Enclave, Halo 2, and Xbox Live alone would give this game an A rating. Combine that with other multi-console releases like Sega Sports 2K3 Series games, Mortal Kombat, Dead to Rights, Splinter Cell, Metal Gear Solid Substance, Deus Ex 2, and Max Payne 2; as well as ports like State of Emergency and we have a very bright future ahead of us. This category would earn an A+, but with the announcement of GTA being a PoS2 exclusive, I'll give it an A !

faceoff508
06-21-2002, 02:51 PM
ahhahaahahahah, I just love when this happens!!

MixMasta
06-21-2002, 02:55 PM
dude, pgr and fever werent flops, they were critally acclaimed by many, maybe not u, but you are right, the future is huge for xbox with all these games, nad the #1 reason to not be sissapointed is xbox live!!!!!

Young_Fledgling
06-21-2002, 04:44 PM
another dummy that pressed new topic instead of reply... ugh... PEOPLE IT IS NOT THAT HARD ! i have never done it!

Xbox Owner
06-21-2002, 06:06 PM
And I will give your ass a F-.

Toonz
06-21-2002, 07:20 PM
PGR is a flop waaaaaahahahahhahahahahaha. Have you actually played it. Its frigging amazing. My favorite racing game to date.

POD13259
06-21-2002, 07:30 PM
Are you kidding? PGR is one of the best games in Xbox's short history. (Behind Halo, naturally.) I can't wait for the sequel.

And TwoTOMA, you can't downgrade the Xbox's future from an A+ to an A just because they won't port GTA3 over. Granted, GTA3 is a great game, but it's still no reason to dis Microsoft. They obviously know what they're talking about. And, obviously, you don't.

GRAVEDIGGER
06-21-2002, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by XBox Owner
And I will give your ass a F-.

LoL XO.

Anyways, what are you talkin about man, Fever and PGR did not suck. Well at least in my opinion, and many others for hat matter. What was so bad about those games to you..?

Untill next time...:mad:

faceoff508
06-21-2002, 08:52 PM
PGR and Fever rocked, I own both of them and they are awsome!!

Adema
06-22-2002, 12:05 AM
WTF are you talking about Azurik and Nightcaster didn't suck, of wait yeah they did. Well has anyone said that Fever and PGR didn't suck, F*uck, I'm always too late. jk

Whisper
06-22-2002, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by tWoTOMA
Future - This is why I bought my Xbox. Exclusives like Project Ego, Brute Force, Unreal Championship, Enclave, Halo 2, and Xbox Live alone would give this game an A rating. Combine that with other multi-console releases like Sega Sports 2K3 Series games, Mortal Kombat, Dead to Rights, Splinter Cell, Metal Gear Solid Substance, Deus Ex 2, and Max Payne 2; as well as ports like State of Emergency and we have a very bright future ahead of us. This category would earn an A+, but with the announcement of GTA being a PoS2 exclusive, I'll give it an A ! [/B]

I don't put any trust in the future, anything can be cancelled at any second, until it's in my XBOX, it doesn't exist.

E-Xbox
06-22-2002, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by MixMasta
dude, pgr and fever werent flops, they were critally acclaimed by many, maybe not u, but you are right, the future is huge for xbox with all these games, nad the #1 reason to not be sissapointed is xbox live!!!!!
exactly!
pgr and fever were not flops..
pgr is amazing..and IMO fever is the best football game out..
and 2003 fever is gonna rip it up!

peace

borka105
06-22-2002, 10:14 AM
How can you give xbox a C+ i n game...when you yourself names 7 games that you liked.......How many games do you need to own at one time if the system has only been out for 7 months. The ps2 has been out for over a year and it doesn't even have 7 great games yet.

Plus, I think you missed.......tony hawk3, fifa wc2002, doa3, moto gp, and like 10 others.

-Borka105

robnyack
06-22-2002, 11:59 AM
of the 70+ games available for xbox, of course there are only going to be a handful of KILLER games. That's how the game industry is....most games are crap, a decent number are ok, and just a handful are KILLER.

Same situation with ps2...only they have more games...which translates to a few more KILLER games, and a WHOLE LOT more crap games.

by the end of this year, xbox will have MORE killer games than ps2, and just as many crappy games :) nature of the biz.

stick with xbox, you made the right choice.

tWoTOMA
06-22-2002, 12:04 PM
You all managed to put me down because I expressed my opinion in an opinion forum! Cool!

Anyways, I returned PGR after a month; I couldn't see any fun racing around those tiny tracks making a 90 degree turn every few feet. Call me a racing sim fan I guess. The graphics were great and there were good challenges, but the gameplay didn't keep me excited.

Being a college football player, I am offended by Fever. It looked great but played like crap. Why is running so easy? I have to block for running backs and it's not half that easy to rip open a hole as the make it look. And why is every pass a lob? Any pass that's downfield is either picked or caught out of stride and tackled right away. They should make a gameplay engine to match the stunning graphics. Again, call me a football sim fan.

Thanks for your feedback folks.

sinizuh
06-22-2002, 12:04 PM
uhhh... why did you make this thread? seems like you just got a xbox or something...

and i agree with XO, you Fail.

btw: faceoff508, your sig is too big.

borka105
06-22-2002, 03:57 PM
If those are the reasons why you think pgr sucsk. Then you must really hate Gran Tourismo. That's fine since Gran Tourismo is considered to be ps2 best game.

-Borka105

y2kash_14
06-22-2002, 05:56 PM
Hold down the button in Fever to do a bullet pass

Xbox Owner
06-22-2002, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by y2kash_14
Hold down the button in Fever to do a bullet pass

What button?!?!

y2kash_14
06-22-2002, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by XBox Owner

What button?!?!

the button for the receiver you want.....did you guys seriously not know that?

instead of tapping the receiver button, hold it down

tWoTOMA
06-23-2002, 12:54 PM
It works for short passes over the middle and such, but any pass further than 15 yards or so and all streak routes are lobs, evenif the guy is wiiiiide open. The passing system is awful in the game, period. And that would be overlooked if the running game was at all difficult.

BlindSniper
06-23-2002, 01:10 PM
thats gotta suck o well

POD13259
06-23-2002, 01:17 PM
TwoTOMA: If you're a college football fan, then why did you buy Fever in the first place? You wanted to put it down for being pro football, but needed evidence to back your weenie little statement up?

You like your games, I like my games, we all like our own games. So STFU about it.

FpS_PhReeK
06-23-2002, 01:23 PM
http://www.manifestation.org/~ill/images/funny/ohdramaimage.jpg

Lazarus
06-23-2002, 06:46 PM
well Max Payne was a PC game first- so was Halo,...so PC to Xbox translations will be killer in the future (longer dev cycles)- and yes the future is always nicer. It took far longer for the PS2 to get up and going on the software side too though...I just hate i cant get my $100 back from Nov 15.....b4 they dropped the price

tWoTOMA
06-24-2002, 01:05 PM
I am a football player, so I like realistic games; therefor I hate Fever. I picked up Fever cuz I got Xbox at launch and it came with the system. Believe me, I would rather have NFL or NCAA 2K3 any time, but I didn't buy 2K2 because as a college student, I don't have time to buy new games all the time.

You don't have to read or reply to my posts, but since you can hide behind a keyboard you act like a tough guy. Be honest here, Fever sucks, as do most Xbox games so far. It ok guys, all systems struggle at first. I hope Xbox succeeds as much as the next guy, but I'm not convinced that the current situation is as great as you fanboys think it is.

EHWfedPres
06-24-2002, 01:32 PM
I dont like PGR at all. Handling is horrible, powersliding is like driving on ice, the annoying screech, etc. Id rather play Wreckless and smash up some cars rather than play PGR.

Fever is a good football game for people who like football games. Its better than madden by far. But who cares, NFL Blitz beats them all.

Xbox has a great selection of games right now. Morrowind and Hunter were just released, and Enclave is coming very shortly. My the end of 02, Xbox will have so many awesome games.

mahalan
06-24-2002, 05:56 PM
PGR is a road race sim. The point of road racing is to be able to push your car through the turns while keeping it under control. The driver's constantly walking the fine line between not enough speed through the turn and out of control. IT IS NOT NASCAR (thank god). If you don't like the idea of taking tight turns in sports cars, don't buy a road racing sim. To say PGR is a bad game because you don't like road racing sims is ludicrous. It's a great game, you just don't like the genre.

EHWfedPres
06-24-2002, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by mahalan
PGR is a road race sim. The point of road racing is to be able to push your car through the turns while keeping it under control. The driver's constantly walking the fine line between not enough speed through the turn and out of control. IT IS NOT NASCAR (thank god). If you don't like the idea of taking tight turns in sports cars, don't buy a road racing sim. To say PGR is a bad game because you don't like road racing sims is ludicrous. It's a great game, you just don't like the genre.

Um, thats what I said. I dont like PGR, I didnt say it sucked. I enjoy road race games, but powersliding out of control that easily, accompanied by the screech that is ever so annoying...that is just terrible.

Toonz
06-24-2002, 06:36 PM
Its not terrible its Awsome Fun.

EHWfedPres
06-24-2002, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Toonz
Its not terrible its Awsome Fun.

Well thats your opinion.

POD13259
06-24-2002, 08:58 PM
TwoTOMA, I'm as far from being a fanboy as possible. Even ask Blackthornn. He'll vouch for me.

And I'm sorry for bitin' your head off back there. I read your statement too quickly and misinterpreted it.

EHWfedPres
06-24-2002, 09:00 PM
blackthorn...there's a reliable source :rolleyes: Yeah, he's no "fanboy"...