PDA

View Full Version : August OXM!

MixMasta
06-21-2002, 03:13 PM
Today I got The august oxm!

here is the breakdown

cover story: mgs2: substance-one of the mini missons is a skateboarding game

other feature story- everthing you wanbted to know about xbox live but were too cool to ask...

previews-
panzer dragoon orta
bc
Toe Jam and Earl 3
Lamborghini
X Men: Wolverines Revenge
Team SAS
Gladius
THPS4

reviews-
morrowind-8.1
Totaled!-7.1
outlaw golf-7.9
test drive-7.2

extended play- secrets of spiderman

demos-
street hoops
crazy taxi 3-this and street hoops both playable and not on shelves yet, major step for oxm
hunter the reckoning
doa3 bonus pack

videos-
bruce lee movie
developer commentry part 3 halo
first look quantum redshift
making of hunter
top 10 plays
halo pod (pyramid of destruction)

if u want any more info about the mag just ask!

JADE8704
06-21-2002, 03:33 PM
what does it say about the 3 big football titles this year

MixMasta
06-21-2002, 03:36 PM
it has a multi page story showcasing them, havent red it fully yet, but they were dissapointed because madden wont be online, but they said great things about 2k3, and fever too. ill tell u more when i finish reading it.

edit: now that ive read it, here is what i have to say about the three big football games of 03

madden- increased gameplay speed,k new goodies such as expanded football 101 mode and a very deep create a play mode, a new mini camp mode (a sort of trainer thing), but sadly, no online play

fever- biggest changes being polished and online play added. defensive ai is much better, more realistice tackle animations, presentation got an overhaul making it smoother and more realistic, a play editor, xbox communicator support during games on xbox live.

2k3- the most realisic animations of any football game, increased ai, replay and commentry even deeper than before,espn liscense(takes over the games interface), a much better franchise mode then before

faceoff508
06-21-2002, 03:39 PM
The highest was an 8.1!!!! Wow, thats not that good!! I geuss this month will be the suckiest.

Oh and have you played Crazy Taxi yet?? Is it good, I just want to see if its good or not!!

Young_Fledgling
06-21-2002, 03:39 PM
wow i am gonna go buy it!

MixMasta
06-21-2002, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508
The highest was an 8.1!!!! Wow, thats not that good!! I geuss this month will be the suckiest.

Oh and have you played Crazy Taxi yet?? Is it good, I just want to see if its good or not!!

i was suprised too! i like morrowind alot, im not sure why it scored so low....

i played crazy taxi 3, it is fun, nice graphics, but i just dont like the game play of the previous ones, they get really repetitive....i havent noticed any substantial new gameplay elements yet, but there was only one level in the demo and all u did was pick up people

JADE8704
06-21-2002, 04:29 PM
so what does it say about the football games?????:eek:

Tkf5000
06-21-2002, 05:18 PM
If you want to know buy it jade. theres a lot of pages. as for crazy taxi the graphics have almost not improves at all from its predecessors. The only thing changed really is the lighting and the cars look a little better. The cars just appear after u get so close. The game lags like crap. Im really dissapointed. But hey we got a early demo, and now i know not to waste mt money and save my money for dead to rights and other good games.

MixMasta
06-21-2002, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by MixMasta
it has a multi page story showcasing them, havent red it fully yet, but they were dissapointed because madden wont be online, but they said great things about 2k3, and fever too. ill tell u more when i finish reading it.

edit: now that ive read it, here is what i have to say about the three big football games of 03

madden- increased gameplay speed,k new goodies such as expanded football 101 mode and a very deep create a play mode, a new mini camp mode (a sort of trainer thing), but sadly, no online play

fever- biggest changes being polished and online play added. defensive ai is much better, more realistice tackle animations, presentation got an overhaul making it smoother and more realistic, a play editor, xbox communicator support during games on xbox live.

2k3- the most realisic animations of any football game, increased ai, replay and commentry even deeper than before,espn liscense(takes over the games interface), a much better franchise mode then before

there is ur football jade, u must have missed it

JADE8704
06-21-2002, 07:40 PM
thanks man:)

GRAVEDIGGER
06-21-2002, 08:22 PM
Dam, those football games sound tyte! Especially 2K2 and Fever!
But knowing me, i must have all three football games, hence my love of the game...I cant wait for these games to land.

Thanx for the Info MixMasta

Untill next time...:mad:

DBXNY
06-21-2002, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Tkf5000
...as for crazy taxi the graphics have almost not improves at all from its predecessors. The only thing changed really is the lighting and the cars look a little better. The cars just appear after u get so close. The game lags like crap. Im really dissapointed. But hey we got a early demo, and now i know not to waste mt money and save my money for dead to rights and other good games.

Same here man. I loved the previous Crazi Taxi games (I only played the 1st one on Deamcast), and based on the demo, this one didn't really seem to offer anything new. The graphics seemed maybe seemed just a bit better, but nothing spectacular. However, the one thing that bugged me most was that the one level they offered was also extremely easy compared to the first level of the the first one.

Street Hoops, on the other hand, actually impressed me more than i was expecting. If you like B-ball games, this one seems be really good, and it has incredible graphics as well.

playmoresoccer
06-21-2002, 11:47 PM
Is Street Hoops better than NBA Street?

Tkf5000
06-22-2002, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by playmoresoccer
Is Street Hoops better than NBA Street?
I never played street but the demo of street hoops was pretty cool. its better than nba2k street. i never really played nba street but nba street looked cooler from the comercial.

faceoff508
06-22-2002, 08:58 AM
YES, I just got OXM!!! Hes right about everything!!

E-Xbox
06-22-2002, 10:11 AM
Today I got The august oxm!

here is the breakdown

cover story: mgs2: substance-one of the mini missons is a skateboarding game

other feature story- everthing you wanbted to know about xbox live but were too cool to ask...

previews-
panzer dragoon orta
bc
Toe Jam and Earl 3
Lamborghini
X Men: Wolverines Revenge
Team SAS
Gladius
THPS4

reviews-
morrowind-8.1
Totaled!-7.1
outlaw golf-7.9
test drive-7.2

extended play- secrets of spiderman

demos-
street hoops
crazy taxi 3-this and street hoops both playable and not on shelves yet, major step for oxm
hunter the reckoning
doa3 bonus pack

videos-
bruce lee movie
developer commentry part 3 halo
first look quantum redshift
making of hunter
top 10 plays
halo pod (pyramid of destruction)

if u want any more info about the mag just ask!
yo..
did u play the demo of the of street hoops yet?!?!?!
cuz i want that game..

peace

faceoff508
06-22-2002, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by E-Xbox

yo..
did u play the demo of the of street hoops yet?!?!?!
cuz i want that game..

peace

I have, but I am not a basketball fan so i did not enjoy it!! But the graphics looked great!!

tamim
06-22-2002, 11:39 AM
whats in september issue disk?? I mean at the last page of the mag, theres a column "Next Month".

MixMasta
06-22-2002, 11:45 AM
i thought the demo was really cool. there are alot of neat moves u can do when dribbling by pressing x or y. and if u press x or y when u pass they will to like a behind the back or between the legs pass. its really cool. the game controls like most basket ball games....5 on 5 play, but there is 1 on 1 play in the real version i hear. also, there is rap music during the game from dmx and ludacris and some other rappers. the opening vidoe is awesome, with all these real life trick moves.

tamim, the only demo they clearly stated was sega gt 2002, but they say there will be other cool demos and jaw dropping movies!

they say there are previews for dave mirra xxx, mortal kombat, and nija gaidien, the big stories will be the next halo and xbox live. reviews will be buffy and legends of wrestling

tamim
06-22-2002, 12:06 PM
thanx a lot mixmasta ;)

Frostberg
06-22-2002, 09:43 PM
I think the hope is now over for me to never receive my July copy!

faceoff508
06-23-2002, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg
I think the hope is now over for me to never receive my July copy!

Why, its already out yet!! This is the August one!!

Lazarus
06-23-2002, 06:25 PM
is the Bruce Lee the trailer from their website?

Frostberg
06-23-2002, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508

Why, its already out yet!! This is the August one!!
yeah I know...thats why there is no hope left...its already a month old so the hope is gone that I will ever receive my July copy...and I wont be home to read the August copy...if that ever comes...

MixMasta
06-23-2002, 08:33 PM
hey frostberg, when did u become a mod???? anyway, congrats on that accomplishment!

Frostberg
06-24-2002, 12:20 AM
hey frostberg, when did u become a mod???? anyway, congrats on that accomplishment!

Today...well yesterday for me...It's 1:12AM and I'm still patroling...ahh...

Thanks though for the congrats!