PDA

View Full Version : morrowind

mticha_21
06-21-2002, 06:00 PM
is morrowind worth buying.because ive rented it so far and its pretty cool but should i wait till project ego comes out

TheCovenant
06-21-2002, 06:20 PM
I bought this game just so i could have SOMETHING to do. Sure Halo is still cool and dead or alive still brings me good fighting action, but i just needed something new. I thought to myself, " man, i need something else to do. hmmmm, i have $60 bucks i dont really need, ill go get the newest thing thats out. it happened to be morrowind. At first i got overwhelmed like the first time you play halo. Only this kind of overwhelmed was Confusingly-overwhelming. I got out of this ship and they askem me like 20 questions that would decide what i would be for the next 500 hours! " okay" i thought. illl just pick whatever looks or sounds the coolest. So thats what i did . they sent me from this one town to another and since then, ive never had less than about three missions to do. Its a constant cool-fest, you get to decide how your own weapons work, make your own MAGIC, and decide what clothes you wear. Theres magic that allows you to even defy the laws of physics. With the water walking spell ( which you can buy or make) will let you walk on the ocean until you find a distant island. The levitation spell will allowyou to fly across the whole world, which is the most impressive level design i have ever seen, and i hope no one gets really mad for me saying this, but yes.....i think the level design beats that of halo.......ten times over. Ive never seen the same rock, tree, seaweed, rock formation, desert, pond, landscape, town, river. cave, dungean or ancient ruins.....twice. Everything is impressive. Project ego is very ambitios, but if you remeber a couple months back, black and white ( by the same creator ) was also very ambitios......so ambitios that it kept getting delayed until everyone lost interest, or until poeple claimed it didnt live up to the hype. Now dont get me wrong, im not saying project ego is better or worse than morrowind, im just saying that that game will not be out in time to compare with morrwind, so for right now, morrowind is ONE HELL OF AN XBOX-ONLY EXPIRIENCE, and if the reason to even get an xbox is to play halo, you should appreciate it to the fullest and BUY MORROWIND.

Laxeph
06-21-2002, 07:14 PM
Genius. It's on the PC.