PDA

View Full Version : Why couldnt Microsoft.......

faceoff508
06-21-2002, 08:32 PM
Why couldnt Microsoft make Splinter Cell an Excluisive!! If they did that the Xbox would have its very own Medal Gear Solid. But Microsoft didnt ask Ubisoft to make it an excluisive. But oh well!!

I also have a queation, is this game a time excluisive?\

Also: Will they make the graphics worse so they can run it on the PS@?

Spike Minoda
06-21-2002, 08:34 PM
Because MS makes many mistakes and why couldn't they make HALO an exclusive? (Sig&avatar)

faceoff508
06-21-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by DanieLudacris
Because MS makes many mistakes and why couldn't they make HALO an exclusive? (Sig&avatar)

lol but seriously look at what I found:

Best Action Game:

Halo
(Bungie Software for PC)
Shown to only a select few at E3 '99, Halo has been building buzz all year long. So it was no wonder that people waited in line for up to an hour to see game designer and uber-brain Jason Jones show off the Halo engine and a movie that left every jaw in the room on the floor. Everyone with a pulse who saw Halo at E3 2000 is feverishly anticipating its release. We were no exception.
- Aaron John Loeb
Chairman, Game Critics Awards

Runner Up: Return to Castle Wolfenstein (Gray Matter Interactive/Activision for PC)

This was the winner for best action games in the E3 of 2000!!

http://www.e3awards.com/past.html#99

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snoopy7548
06-21-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508
Will they make the graphics worse so they can run it on the PS@?

obviously! lol. they'll be soo bad, the ps2 is bad at bump mapping. and its probly bad at lighting, which is what makes the game awesome. lol. anyway, i think its an exclusive for 6 months:D

hook-worm J
06-21-2002, 09:46 PM
Well, good thing its being designed for the Xbox. Then it'll be ported to PS2 after being downgraded. Haha, I cant wait to compare them!

sinizuh
06-21-2002, 09:51 PM
just compare wreckless on xbox to the port on PS2... my eyes started to bleed...

anyways... i'm not that interested about this game... i'd rather wait for MGS2: Substance.

Shorezy
06-21-2002, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by hook-worm J
Well, good thing its being designed for the Xbox. Then it'll be ported to PS2 after being downgraded. Haha, I cant wait to compare them!

So true. This is a great point though, why the hell isn't splinter cell an exclusive!! It looks to good for any other system!!

(¯`·._)
06-21-2002, 10:01 PM
if you want a comparison check this out

Xbox Wreckless (http://forum.xboxxtreme.net/attachments/00000000009/yakuzaxbox.jpg)

PS2 Wreckless 1 (http://forum.xboxxtreme.net/attachments/00000000009/wrecklessps2%20worst.jpg)

PS2 Wreckless 2 (http://forum.xboxxtreme.net/attachments/00000000009/wrecklessps2.jpg)

Look at the horrible attempt to make reflections and circle wheels and the sparks how they are just yellow

man ps2 sucks

Kooster
06-21-2002, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by (¯`·._)
if you want a comparison check this out

Xbox Wreckless (http://forum.xboxxtreme.net/attachments/00000000009/yakuzaxbox.jpg)

PS2 Wreckless 1 (http://forum.xboxxtreme.net/attachments/00000000009/wrecklessps2%20worst.jpg)

PS2 Wreckless 2 (http://forum.xboxxtreme.net/attachments/00000000009/wrecklessps2.jpg)

Look at the horrible attempt to make reflections and circle wheels and the sparks how they are just yellow

man ps2 sucks hehe, those ps2 screens are bad! :cool:

monkeyman
06-21-2002, 10:16 PM
hahahaha thats great the ps2 version sucks and gonna suck for splinter also

FpS_PhReeK
06-21-2002, 10:20 PM
Why couldnt Microsoft make Splinter Cell an Excluisive!! If they did that the Xbox would have its very own Medal Gear Solid. But Microsoft didnt ask Ubisoft to make it an excluisive. But oh well!!

Because no matter how much money Bill Gates gets he will never control the industry... he cannot tell a developer what to do. I guess he could just buy Ubisoft, but I do not think that it is for sale.

PhReeK out!

Highlite23
06-21-2002, 10:29 PM
Hey as long as there built for XBOX and ported "DOWN" to PS2 i could care less, they look like crap on PS2 which after a while is going to start grating on PS2 owners nerves............TOO BAD, SO SAD, BYE BYE!!

DBXNY
06-21-2002, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by FpS_PhReeK

I guess he could just buy Ubisoft, but I do not think that it is for sale.

PhReeK out!

That's probably what he would have to do to get it exclusive. Think about it, in order for third-party games to be exclusive to X-box, the developing companies have to have some immediate incentive that would compensate for not gaining anything from the 30 million homebase of the PS2. It's easier to convince them for the PS2 than it would be for the X-box. The next best thing I guess is to get them to agree to a time-exclusive or get the games to be developed with the X-box capabilities more in mind than the other consoles, like with Wreckless.

Adema
06-22-2002, 12:14 AM

It's Metal Gear Solid not Medal Gear Solid. I'm sorry but it was just bugging me that some people don't know how to spell the name of one of the best selling games in history.

X-Factor
06-22-2002, 03:29 AM
*walks into thread*

Graphically Splinter Cell owns Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance. I haven't played Spliter Cell (obviously), so I can't compare the gameplay. :(

Tactical/steathy missions are the best! :D

*walks out of thread*

X-Factor
06-22-2002, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by Adema

It's Metal Gear Solid not Medal Gear Solid. I'm sorry but it was just bugging me that some people don't know how to spell the name of one of the best selling games in history. Dude, I hear ya. People spell Morrowind wrong all the time (marrowind, morrowing, marrowing, and etc.).

People shouldn't have the right to talk about a game they can't even spell right. ***** like that flat out annoys me...:(

Gaseoussnake
06-22-2002, 05:37 AM

Cuz they cant and out of all the 3 consoles,the xbox has the smallest user base.

FuNkY mOnK
06-22-2002, 06:22 AM

Splinter-cell is time exclusive,and who knows, maybe by 2003 M$ will have made an offer they can't refuse,look at munchs odd world this was to be released on the ps2 and was sonys mascot, but anyway xbox gets it four months before other consoles. Also check out the video mag {game informer}the preview on splinter-cell basically say that xbox will be the only power plant to showcase this game. I played mgs2 and from what I read about splinter-cell mgs2 will have to hand over the belt.

:)

faceoff508
06-22-2002, 09:05 AM
Het people, did you know that METAL Gear Solid is going to be on the Xbox first and then to the ps2 8 months later. HAHAHAH! Only problem is that METAL Gear Solid will have the same graphics as the PS2!!

Tkf5000
06-22-2002, 09:28 AM
If you read the august OXM it says that ps2 wont have bumpmaping. And if they are ps2 graphics who cares because we will have games with better graphics and better gameplay. Like brute force.