PDA

View Full Version : So what would happen if this forum and website became flooded with member like TXB?

Sergery
10-21-2001, 05:33 PM
I know EB is planning on helping TXB out financially, but I also heard it wouldn't be long term as well. So where are they going to get the finances needed to keep them running in the future. How about this website. It is similar forum wise to TXB, so if this forum became flooded with members as well, would this site be in danger of closing down as well? Would it really be off hand to say that we as the consumer of Internet service will eventually have to pay some kind of subscription fee in order to get the information we love to read? I really didn't think that would ever happen, especially to TXB....,but look what has happened. We all know that it was because of financial difficulty that TXB had to shut down. What do you guys think? Would you pay a fee for a website to provide internet news?

Brian Snail
10-21-2001, 07:19 PM
Good question and will EB start having loads of adds and popups that people hate so much?
People really need a forum that can be relied on because a load of interesting posts went with the forum :(

Iceman-TXB
10-21-2001, 08:31 PM
Well, we ran out of money because the site was growing way to fast for us to handle. Im sure if any other site grew that fast they would end up with the same problems.

Plasticman
10-21-2001, 08:39 PM
What I don't understand is why nothing was said before hand??? I'm sure the temp closing could've been prevented if the news was put out in the open that you may have to close down the site due to financial reasons. Since you guys did pay it out of your own pocket, you would've known how much longer you could keep it up. Man, I'd hate to have to go to work and find out they're closed without an warning or indication. What's done is done.

Siguy1
10-22-2001, 03:29 AM
Yeah, I would have liked to have atleast had some warning about the closure. I really love Teamxbox and it's forum closing made me turn to IGN, but that didn't last (too crazy), so now I'm here. I suspect many others will follow.
You know, I remember writing in one of the sticky threads about the site's database getting replaced with a new one about how I wondered how they could afford all those costs and wanted to know if they were going to increase ads because of it. Well there were certainly more ads afterwards though I never got a response. I was suprised that they suddenly went under like that.

Milkman Dan
10-22-2001, 06:55 AM
Hmmm...

All I can say is that it would have been bad business to discuss this in public. It's a bit early for me to articulate as well as I would like to, but TXB is a business, and they made a business decision.

Sergery
10-22-2001, 07:52 AM
It's understandable that TXB was growing out of it's seams, but now that EB will be helping temporarily, what's to be done about the long term? I know this isn't a specific Xbox topic, but it does affect the Xbox internet community. What can be done to one, can be done to all.

Iceman-TXB
10-22-2001, 03:42 PM
To tell you the truth, I don't have more information then any of you do. Information is being kept tight right now, but Ill make sure to come here and post as much as I can, as soon as I can.