PDA

View Full Version : Controller S

Koopa
06-22-2002, 11:54 AM
how many of u got that newfangled controler s? i found a pre-opened repackaged one at best buy for half price so i figured id get it...its pretty good.

The black and white take a little getting used to , and i'll NEVER get used to having start and select..er..back...on the side.. The Y button is also hard to get used to because its a little farther away than in the normal controller....everything else is great..its easier to click the thumbsticks, the D pad is better, and the rest of the buttons are placed nicely.. its also good to use as ammo against people with smal pen..er......hands ...that say the xbox controller is too big

hook-worm J
06-22-2002, 12:01 PM
yeah, I got it. Its good, real gooood! It also took me a while to get used to the start, back, black, and white buttons. I love the grip on the thumbsticks, its so much better.

chili325
06-22-2002, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by hook-worm J
yeah, I got it. Its good, real gooood! It also took me a while to get used to the start, back, black, and white buttons. I love the grip on the thumbsticks, its so much better.
Ever since i got it, that all ive used. I went to a friends yesterday and used the normal one in halo. I kept turnin on the flashlight instead of switching weapons.

Hugh_Jass
06-22-2002, 09:00 PM
I wasn't sure I needed the S-Controller but I bought one anyway. Now I never use the original controller.

There is a ridge on the original controller right where I want to put my thumb. After a while my thumb gets sore. I haven't had the problem with the S-Controller.

Frostberg
06-22-2002, 09:42 PM
Yeah I got a Japanese Controller 2 months before I the Controller S was even announced...I haven't turned back since...I now get confused with the original controller...I think the original controller was always good, and people were just idiots when they complained it was too big and the Controller S is a great way to quell down those people...and probably better for gamers in general because the smaller controlelr makes you feel like you have a better grip, so in turn you feel like you have a better grip on the game...and it makes your experience overall more enjoyable.

Shorezy
06-22-2002, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by chili325

Ever since i got it, that all ive used. I went to a friends yesterday and used the normal one in halo. I kept turnin on the flashlight instead of switching weapons.

Same hear. When i got it, it took some getting used to, but once i got used to it i loved it. Since then it's all i've used. You'll get your money's worth man. It's awsome.

BlindSniper
06-22-2002, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Koopa
how many of u got that newfangled controler s? i found a pre-opened repackaged one at best buy for half price so i figured id get it...its pretty good.

The black and white take a little getting used to , and i'll NEVER get used to having start and select..er..back...on the side.. The Y button is also hard to get used to because its a little farther away than in the normal controller....everything else is great..its easier to click the thumbsticks, the D pad is better, and the rest of the buttons are placed nicely.. its also good to use as ammo against people with smal pen..er......hands ...that say the xbox controller is too big

i think that the s controller is kinda crappy. I prefer the nice confy bif xofficial controllers. The type s ones are too small and jus like a segas controls. Also the new button layout just does not work for me. I think the big controller and button layout is wut made xbox soi unigue

FpS_PhReeK
06-23-2002, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Koopa

I do not have a S-Controller but I do have a Japanese Import...

I have the Japanese import controller... I really like the smaller size, but I dislike the raised buttons and the way that they are arranged in a + pattern,,, I got used to the slanted # style on the normal controller... Another issue with the Japanese import controllers are the weak tension on the triggers... I feel they are too easy to move, they just do not give me the feeling that I am pulling on a gas or brake pedal when I am driving RSC... I find myself using the smaller controller for games like World Series Baseball, Outlaw Golf, kinda like slower games where button mashing is at a minimum. I tried to play THPS3 with the Japanese import controller and I almost tossed it out the window,,,

Microsoft addressed many of the above drawbacks and I have noticed that the U.S.A. S-Controllers triggers feel noticably more taunt and the buttons appear to be lowered. Anyhoo, it is a gamers choice.

I am curious if anyone is using Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, or PS2 controllers with their Xbox????

Razzle Dazzle
06-23-2002, 02:12 AM
I LOVE my S Controller. I got it right when I got my XBOX, ad have never really used the original, so I've always been used to the buttons the way they are :D. I am a rather short woman, so I really needed the S controller. Is is PERFECT for me. :D My boyfriend likes it the best, too. :)

borka105
06-23-2002, 09:38 AM
The S is my favorite. When you get used to have the START and BACK buttons on the side.......you will think why weren't they always like that. The controller is great for short games.........up to 2 hours........But when you really want to have a party with a couple friends the original is the way to go. I have 2 of the original and 1 one of the S. Whenever I play by myself I always use the S, but when friends are over I tend to use the regular one.

This is the only system that have 2 first party redesigned controllers. MS cares about it's customers and wishes them only the best.

-Borka105

Spike Minoda
06-23-2002, 10:44 AM
I got mine and it's all I use and I can't use the old one anymore :D.

Mercury
06-23-2002, 10:48 AM
I like the triggers on the S controller. They don't wear down your fingers as much the original controller does.

But come on people! The black and white buttons are pathetic. You can't use for common play like you do with the ABXY buttons. You could with the original controller, but now they are only good for useless functions in games. They are too small and dug too deep into the face of the controller. Basically with this S controller you only have 4 buttons and 2 triggers now to use with games. The Back, white, and black buttons can now only be use to non essential actions in games like checking inventory, changing views, etc.

I don't know why I bought the S controller. I'll be sticking to the original one for all my games.

Lazarus
06-23-2002, 07:09 PM
I wonder if anyone would be willing to trade me straight up two s types for two biggies....

Frostberg
06-23-2002, 07:09 PM
I would bet someone would...better head to the trading post!

vic2003
06-23-2002, 08:05 PM
This is the only system that have 2 first party redesigned controllers. MS cares about it's customers and wishes them only the best.

actually sega relesed 2 first party controllers with the genesis. the big 3 button one and the smaller 6 button one.

sinizuh
06-23-2002, 08:57 PM
abc xyz! woot woot :D

anyways, i saw that if you trade in the original controller, you get the controller S for only $29.99 (canadian) at EB... but they don't have it to test out. i don't want to do a trade, come home and find out that i don't like it...

i might buy one soon... (no trade)... cause i'll have the money :)

Kortiz
06-25-2002, 04:47 AM
i use the s controller now too, it took getting used to and def. works better with THPS3, that is what i use now, i made my cousin who has smaller hands then me use the big original controller while i had the smaller version......im mean like that but ehh....he will live and it is my xbox ******....but yeah the s controller roxorz.