PDA

View Full Version : Why do poeple think that the PS2 is...

faceoff508
06-22-2002, 07:13 PM
Why do poeple think that the PS2 is a better consle because it has sold more copies? I had a friend that looked at the Xbox and he loved it. But then after he saw that the PS2 had better sales he went and got a PS2 and he betrayed th Xbox and started to call it names and how that it wasnt good, and how sony will beat the crap out of the Xbox. And before he ever knew that PS2 had better sales he loved the Xbox!! I tried to explain to him that PS2 was out for a year befoer the Xbox, but he was too arragant (sp)

How can we show the public that the Xbox is the most powerful console in the world?

dave_m123
06-22-2002, 07:16 PM
Personally i rekcon sales mean jack and are not indicative of quality. I mean how do you explain McDonalds and Pokemon ;) :D

faceoff508
06-22-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by dave_m123
Personally i rekcon sales mean jack and are not indicative of quality. :D

Exactly but the public doesnt know that and they watch the pre rendered cut scenes for PS2 in games and they think its the real thing!!

Kooster
06-22-2002, 07:23 PM
uh, i think that xbox will start to shine when xbox live launches because we'll only have to pay $50 for a starter kit which included a headset, a game, and a years subscription, while ps2 owners have to buy a $40 modem, subscriptions to each game that charges $$$, and a $80-$100 hard drive for games like FFXI or SW galaxies. plus, xbox's graphics keep on looking better, and ps2 is starting to look like crap. also, tons of awesome xbox games are coming out. :D

dave_m123
06-22-2002, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508

Exactly but the public doesnt know that and they watch the pre rendered cut scenes for PS2 in games and they think its the real thing!!

LOL when they show that in adverts its misleading. The harry potter games adverts were especially bad for using rendered footage instead of ingame stuff if i remember rightly.

CodeMonkey
06-22-2002, 07:27 PM
Well i think it comes down to the name, SONY, plus sonyp has a large fan base, on top of the amount of games that are out for the system. I think it’s just a case of wait and see. People who have gone out and purchased a PS2 are going to realise the true power and the added features the Xbox has when compared. When xboxlive kicks into play, they will for sure be impressed on top of the games like Brute Force, UC, Strident PG and many more..

I think the main problem is, is that many people don’t really know what the box can do and is going to do. When they become aware of this I’m sure there opinions will change
:D

faceoff508
06-22-2002, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by hotshot657
uh, i think that xbox will start to shine when xbox live launches because we'll only have to pay $50 for a starter kit which included a headset, a game, and a years subscription, while ps2 owners have to buy a $40 modem, subscriptions to each game that charges $$$, and a $80-$100 hard drive for games like FFXI or SW galaxies. plus, xbox's graphics keep on looking better, and ps2 is starting to look like crap. also, tons of awesome xbox games are coming out. :D

Did you read the OXM article comparing Xbox Live with the PS2 and the Gamecube!! It was so funny!!

faceoff508
06-22-2002, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by CodeMonkey

I think the main problem is, is that many people don’t really know what the box can do and is going to do. When they become aware of this I’m sure there opinions will change
:D

Yes, but they better find out before Chrismas (sp) !!

dave_m123
06-22-2002, 07:44 PM
I'm still surprised that so many people actually bought all that hot air coming from Sony's ass when they basically said the PS2 and its emotion engine would change your life and the rest lol.

faceoff508
06-22-2002, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by dave_m123
I'm still surprised that so many people actually bought all that hot air coming from Sony's ass when they basically said the PS2 and its emotion engine would change your life and the rest lol.

At E3 sony was the worst, even IGN and gamespot said so!!! Sony just laid back and did nothing!!

hook-worm J
06-22-2002, 07:56 PM
Well, a lot of people hate Xbox because of Microsoft and Bill Gates... I dont even care about that kind of stuff, I like xbox because of xbox and what it can do. I dont give a rats ass about where my money went, as long as I'm happy.

CodeMonkey
06-22-2002, 08:03 PM
It makes me laugh when people bash MS OS, I mean IMO they revolutionised the pc market. Without them many people would not have been using a pc.. And most who start with cr@p like that, are using some type of MS OS, or are a Linux geek

faceoff508
06-22-2002, 08:14 PM
Without microsoft, we would have to be stuck with MACS!! These are the worst things ever!!

Highlite23
06-22-2002, 10:17 PM
I have only one thng to say...........I would rather be a leader than a follower, your friend is obviuosly a follower.

LEMINGS ALL IN A ROW.

EHWfedPres
06-22-2002, 10:35 PM
Someone who likes something just because its popular is a poser. And what Do I have to say about posers? Take a look at this little pic I have...

Sorry if it offends anyone but people like that offend me. Im not forcing anyone to look at the pic, so dont cry to me because I really dont care.

BlindSniper
06-22-2002, 10:45 PM
ps2 has only been out longer we will watch as the fall of the pos2 burn hahaha

Laxeph
06-22-2002, 11:15 PM
People who know nothing about gaming see that PS2 has good sales so they buy it. Then the sales keep getting higher becuase ineducated people purchase it.

NomadLLama
06-23-2002, 12:10 AM
i hate all of these PS2 bastards. especially when my little brother has his friends over, they laugh at my xbox saying that its crap and that it will set on fire, killing me. then i choke them and then they run away but don't get too far because they cannot breathe. but some people are quite different. some good friends of mine discouraged me from buying an xbox becuase they said, "no games" and "all about graphics". when they actually got their hands on a littl game called Halo and DOA3 with PGR, they actually bought an xbox for themselves.

Adema
06-23-2002, 12:52 AM
My motto is don't dog it till you try it. How can you know if something is good if you never play it youself. You can't know for sure. The way I see it the PS2 has already made sooo many sales why would they need another. I'm not going to say that PS2 is going under until they stop making games for it and put out the PS3 or what ever they want to call it.

FpS_PhReeK
06-23-2002, 12:56 AM
Why do poeple think that the PS2 is a better consle because it has sold more copies? I had a friend that looked at the Xbox and he loved it. But then after he saw that the PS2 had better sales he went and got a PS2 and he betrayed th Xbox and started to call it names and how that it wasnt good, and how sony will beat the crap out of the Xbox. And before he ever knew that PS2 had better sales he loved the Xbox!! I tried to explain to him that PS2 was out for a year befoer the Xbox, but he was too arragant (sp)

How can we show the public that the Xbox is the most powerful console in the world?

Well first I think it has to do with brand recognition... SONY makes some great electronics... If you can not bring yourself to admit this you are a 'hater'.

PS1 was so ground breaking and really has shined, before PS1 I had an old skool Nintendo... the leap from cartridges to CD's was amazing... It was a revolution, Nintendo was king and SONY came out of no where and gave them a darn good run for thier money. PS2 came out and really put Nintendo 64 to shame... I mean there really is no comparison. So when people think of SONY and Playstation they think "damn they own"

Now is an interesting time,,, M$ came out of no where and is hardware wise eclipsing PS2,,, but SONY PS2 really has Xbox where it counts,,, games. Come December there will be over 1,000 PS1 titles and over 250 PS2 titles... Xbox is a revolutionary peice of hardware and I beleive that with time game developers will naturally want to develope games for the best console... but realistically many may want to stick multiplatform or just with SONY due to their vast market stake... it all comes down to the mighty dollar.

As far as you need to "show the public that the Xbox is the most powerful console in the world?" My friend that is a noble cause, but most people are like sheep, they live off of 5 second sound bites from CNN, the media has not been nice to Xbox, and Bill Gates has many enemies... I mean Ted Turner owns CNN, Bill Gates is a vested partner in the competing MSNBC do you honestly think that you will ever hear anything good about Xbox on CNN,,, that will happen as soon as the mercury falls below 32 in hell... They are sheep my friend and sooner or later they will slowly discover that Xbox is a better system and they will comeover,,, but I see this a like a 5 year plan... Put it in the time from of Nintendo to PS1... that change took time... people were sceptical and they are so today...

The best way to show the public is you... one person at a time, word of mouth. And don't go bashing other systems... people don't take you seriously if you come off all vengfull... It needs to be done patiently and maturely... ***** just read them the system specks and explain it is like having a choice between Moped and Honda CBR900RR,,, they will both get you around town, but riding a moped is like having sex with a fat girl, they are both fun until your friends catch you doing it...

Well sorry for the rant but I had a few moments and I thought I would share. Keep the faith, Xbox will over come.

Sargent_Ryan
06-23-2002, 01:12 AM
I bought a xbox around a month ago because I didn't feel like paying 300 for something that I will buy another system to replace it in a couple years. But I couldn't decide if I wanted a ps2 or xbox and I am happy I went with xbox. I did it because I checked out all the amazing games coming out in the fall and winter. And because of course HALO. But it was funny when I was buying my xbox this lady in electronics boutique was like you better watch it thats going to catch on fire. And the manager of eb was like they don't catch on fire that was just the ones that were out when they first came out. And she was all don't tell me they don't catch on fire it happened to someone I know. I just thought it was hilarious when he told her off. But anyways I had to buy a preowned halo because so many people bought xboxes that week at the eb by my house and each one bought halo with it. And about people hating bill gates, another reason I bought a xbox was because bill will do anything to make sure it isn't a failure. Look at how much money microsoft is putting into it.

But how your friend is saying how much xbox sucks wait till all the amazing games come out for it that are xbox exclusives and show them to him and see how much he thinks it sucks.

felix_fabulous
06-23-2002, 07:49 AM
sure the X-box has top-notch hardware but do you play for the hardware or the games? PS2 has so many games out right now plenty of which are really good, while the x-box has next to nothing. A solid testament to this is the amount of straigt up ports which are appearing on the x-box. People say ooooh but wait for X-box Live, man, this isn't going to show up outside North America until the system is well into its lifespan, and probably even further behind PS2. I don't want to wait, I spent years waiting for the N64 to take off because it was a good system but it never did because it had no games until it was way too late. This doesn't apply to people in the states by the way, X-box seems to be doing ok there, but such focus and priority is hardly going to win the x-box fans the world over (this isn't meant to be a political rant) but check out the response to the x-box in Japan. The Japanese are hyper consumers the likes of which exist almost nowhere else in the world and they are no suckers when it comes to technology. As an X-box owner I seriously think that by the time the x-box starts to shape up outside the US its going to be way too far behind the PS2 to compete for market penetration, and the PS3 will have started to surface even if its only in the form of concept art and technical demos, which will put even more people off forking our for an X-box.

faceoff508
06-23-2002, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by felix_fabulous
sure the X-box has top-notch hardware but do you play for the hardware or the games? PS2 has so many games out right now plenty of which are really good, while the x-box has next to nothing

Almost every game that was made for the Ps2 is going to be ported over to the Xbox!! And the Xbox is going to have 200 by the end off 2002!!

Xbox Owner
06-23-2002, 09:21 AM
Tell him to shove a dildo up his ass.

Dyslexic Chaos
06-23-2002, 11:45 AM
Actually, concerning games, the XBox has more games now than the PS2 did when it first came out, and some are actually good! Even some launch titles were great. Name 1 great PS2 Launch game that was good. TTT was Tekken 3 with tagging, DW2, while somewhat fun, was a button masher with next to no replay value, and so on, and so on...

Knight
06-23-2002, 12:38 PM

At E3 sony was the worst, even IGN and gamespot said so!!! Sony just laid back and did nothing!!

And Gamespy said so too!!

POD13259
06-23-2002, 12:49 PM
(((PS2 fanboys know nothing!))) Pass it on!

EHWfedPres
06-23-2002, 03:50 PM
The PS2 have a ton of games...but how many are really good that arent on a better system? None.

Also, I also have the philosophy...dont diss shyt till you try it for yourself...i thought Outlaw Golf was a horrible game and then I played the demo...I was right. :(

Intrakitt
06-23-2002, 04:03 PM

Did you read the OXM article comparing Xbox Live with the PS2 and the Gamecube!! It was so funny!!
Post it up. I'd love to read it...

Intrakitt
06-23-2002, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
The PS2 have a ton of games...but how many are really good that arent on a better system? None.

Also, I also have the philosophy...dont diss shyt till you try it for yourself...i thought Outlaw Golf was a horrible game and then I played the demo...I was right. :(
It's all a state of mind boy-o. Get your head out of your a s s and you may realize that.

faceoff508
06-23-2002, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Intrakitt

Post it up. I'd love to read it...

I wish I could but its too damn long!!cause OXM is a amgazine and I dont have a scanner, maybe some one that has a scanner could post!!!