PDA

View Full Version : Xbox online

Hummer2192
06-22-2002, 08:22 PM
Forgive this poor newbie, for i have just registered today. I am a devout Xbox player with some exceptions with PS2 games. I reserved my Xbox before it came out, and have been playing it ever since, however, i digress. My point is, in the beginning to play Halo online, one had to go to Gamespy Arcade, connect to someone else, switch cables from the computer to the Xbox, and play (at least this is what i did). With my computer setup, this was very difficult as my computer is in the basement and my xbox upstairs, so i havent played nearly enough online than i would have wanted. so i havent been playing online, so i was wondering when a refinement of multiplay xbox gaming will come around, like turn on your xbox, search for games, and play. if this has happened already i cant connect to it, and dont know why. :eek:

CodeMonkey
06-22-2002, 08:31 PM
First, Welcome to XBA

If what u are asking, is for u to just enter a game from your Xbox and not via a pc, then no, not yet. But when Xboxlive comes out, it will remove problems such as this and allow u to play your Xbox online no matter where it is (as long as u have the cable plugged in of course) without the need of your pc

If you’re not to sure about Xboxlive then check out xbox.com for more info

Hope this helps
:D

Shorezy
06-22-2002, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by CodeMonkey
First, Welcome to XBA

If what u are asking, is for u to just enter a game from your Xbox and not via a pc, then no, not yet. But when Xboxlive comes out, it will remove problems such as this and allow u to play your Xbox online no matter where it is (as long as u have the cable plugged in of course) without the need of your pc

If you’re not to sure about Xboxlive then check out xbox.com for more info

Hope this helps
:D

Welcome man. I also think Xbox live will help. Good Luck!

Hummer2192
06-23-2002, 11:03 AM
muchas gracias senor monkey

silvertrace
06-23-2002, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Hummer2192
muchas gracias senor monkey

:) :) WELCOME TO XBA :) :)

if u have broadband goto www.xbox.com and sign up for beta testing, they have info on xboxlive as well:D