PDA

View Full Version : Who played Test Drive?

EHWfedPres
06-22-2002, 10:45 PM
I just read the review in the August OXM and thought it sounds like a cool game. Im downloading movies at ign now so I cant read an indepth review just yet, so can someone fill me in...what makes the game any good, and what makes is suck?

Vuldarak Zeta
06-23-2002, 02:46 AM
well ill start with what makes this game irritating. Doing one race 45 times becouse you get taken out 5 feet from the finish line by polls, cars, opponents, box's, and just about anything else you can think of.
this game is a decent racer at best. it is quite fun to a point, but its longevity isnt too long. Story mode was quite good. It made me want to finish becouse i wanted to find out the outcome of the story. single player races are your usual fair. multiplayer rocks except that its way to easy to wipe out in this game.
i think the best part of this game is the selection of cars. theres a very good mixture of muscle and rice. sure to please anyone.
in the end i would say if you dont have rallysport get that, or maybee get burnout. if you have those 2 awlready and you cant wait for need for speed hot pursuit 2 then pick up test drive.

Nyc Tattoo
07-01-2002, 11:16 PM
Graphics ----> Sub par....
Physics ----> Below Sub Par

Don't expect Rallisport or PGR if you buy this one, I would say rent it first...

box4life
07-07-2002, 01:33 PM
If u like boring racing games then get it.

cityson
07-07-2002, 03:49 PM
Yea, bored to death.....Test Drive was bad since Playstation and Dreamcast....I can't believe Infogrames made 6 of them~!~! And this is the first one on Xbox....I just hope they don't make 5 more for the Xbox...

Dreamcast's Test Drive 6...
http://dcmedia.ign.com/media/previews/image/testdrive6/bg15.jpg

I just can't take the cut-and-paste graphics anymore!!!!

Spaztic
07-08-2002, 12:18 PM
...dude this game rocks! don't listen to what these ankle biters say! how are they going to show you a dreamcast screen and say the graphics suck....Besides this is a arcade racer, not simulation! Rent it if you arn't sure....

cityson
07-08-2002, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Shaggy
...dude this game rocks! don't listen to what these ankle biters say! how are they going to show you a dreamcast screen and say the graphics suck....Besides this is a arcade racer, not simulation! Rent it if you arn't sure....

No, I am just tryin' to show that Test Drive was bad since Playstation and that the 6've version has the PRETTIEST cut-and-paste graphics....:rolleyes:

Zion
07-08-2002, 05:43 PM
Test Drive for Xbox is probably the worst driving game I've ever played..maybe the worst game period. I couldn't believe how bad it was. It's not fun, it's not fast, the physics are poor, you can't see in night races...it's just awful.

Nyc Tattoo
07-08-2002, 05:51 PM
worst game ever might be a bit much cause test drive 4x4 might hold that title, or Bruce Lee for that matter. I can't believe some people actually like that game. I'm convinced it must be the developers posting on here saying how good it is...

cityson
07-08-2002, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Nyc Tattoo
I'm convinced it must be the developers posting on here saying how good it is...

hehe....That might be true... ;)