PDA

View Full Version : outrageous delays is makeing the x-box suffer here

king cadaver
06-23-2002, 03:32 AM
i live in the uk and have both a high end pc and x-box.
i surf the x-box sites and see all the great games u have in the u.s for the x-box..and wonder WHY THE FFFFFFFFFFFFF is there such a massive delay for them to filter over to the u.k.
this does NOT seem to be the case with pc software ..with games only being a little behind.
im so damn sick of playing halo over and over and seeing games that i would like but are far of from release here but are already out in the states...others may argue that the brit x-box games at the moment are still great..but go to x-box.com uk and compare the line up to the states
its pathetic...i need something else thats not just a damn sports game or a poor console only b-game..
where is our morrowind,hunter ect!!!
why cant the close this damn gap with the world getting smaller
its unacceptable:confused: :confused: :confused:

CoMATOSE
06-23-2002, 04:23 AM
i made a similer topic a few days ago about morrowind, and its obvious that most UK gamers r startin' to feel jacked about the situation.....

felix_fabulous
06-23-2002, 07:21 AM
hey, its not just people from the UK chief, I suspect its everybody with a pal system, it sure as hell jerks my chain the have the dough to pay for games but nothing is appearing on the shelves except for lame sports games (who the hell wants to play an NFL game outside of the US when nobody outside the states plays or cares about it) And whats more there are still no plans for XBL in Australia, and another thing....is it just me or is spiderman a ps2 game which has been shoved on an x-box disc, nothing like waiting for levels to load again, and again...reminds me of playing the PS in high school.

faceoff508
06-23-2002, 08:05 AM
This is for all systems, so whats the point if you go dumb your Xbox and buy a gamecube!!! The same thing will happen!!

Intrakitt
06-23-2002, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by king cadaver
i surf the x-box sites and see all the great games u have in the u.s for the x-box..and wonder WHY THE FFFFFFFFFFFFF is there such a massive delay for them to filter over to the u.k.
this does NOT seem to be the case with pc software ..with games only being a little behind.
im so damn sick of playing halo over and over and seeing games that i would like but are far of from release here but are already out in the states...others may argue that the brit x-box games at the moment are still great..but go to x-box.com uk and compare the line up to the states
its pathetic...i need something else thats not just a damn sports game or a poor console only b-game..
It's probably because it's Bill Gates baby right now...which means that it's America's baby. Why? Because he has enough money to say so. Sorry, but I guess that's just how it is. But hey look on the bright side, you guys got a much better deal at launch then most of us did (who bought it before the $100 price drop).

Besides, can't you just import games or something?

Kilik
06-23-2002, 09:35 AM
All I can say is hang in there guy's,I'm thinkin it will get better.
The same thing happens in the states with japanese harware
they get all the games made for their system and US gamers get
squat. At least you guy's will get the same games that we get.

XBOX MSSC
06-23-2002, 11:33 AM
This is why i'm proud to be an american :)

Spike Minoda
06-23-2002, 11:50 AM
sell your PAL and get a NTSC then just order NTSC games

Frostberg
06-23-2002, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by DanieLudacris
sell your PAL and get a NTSC then just order NTSC games
Yeahhh...and then they can all import over NTSC TVs and buy some power converters too...

MODCHIP!

Lazarus
06-23-2002, 07:07 PM
I heard once that Bill Gates is an intense nationalist- maybe he is still ****ed about the revolutionary war- but otherwise- i think it sux that the UK is left out a bit. If you own a Japanese system in the statesm,....games are released there first,..then the states,..and its the opposite for US machines...but the UK always hangs out last for release...that sux

E-Vader
06-24-2002, 04:38 AM
Any counrty with a PAL machine will get games later than NTSC machines, 'cause they have to convert it, does not matter if its Xbox, Gamecube or PS2.

Personally I think this is a good thing, just for example the PAL release for DOA3 does not need a booster disc 'cause it came programed with all the extra stuff on it.

UnitedKingdom
06-24-2002, 06:45 AM
That shouldn't take months though, morrowind isn't coming out til september in europe! You'd think with the xbox doing badly in japan, microsoft would do its best to satisfy the European market. But this just isn't happening, we've got loads of crap sports games that no one wants to buy!

I love my xbox and want to play on it more, but i'm not gonna buy a crap game just for the sake of it. I've started playing more on my pc since this drought started!

I'd love to import my xbox stuff but this would mean selling all my old kit and games then buying new ntsc ones. I'd also love a modchip but they're expensive, hard to get hold of, invalidates my xbox and can also screw your system up.

Microsoft have got to change their tactics in europe or their gonna lose, badly.

Rancey
06-24-2002, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by UnitedKingdom
That shouldn't take months though, morrowind isn't coming out til september in europe! You'd think with the xbox doing badly in japan, microsoft would do its best to satisfy the European market. But this just isn't happening, we've got loads of crap sports games that no one wants to buy!

I love my xbox and want to play on it more, but i'm not gonna buy a crap game just for the sake of it. I've started playing more on my pc since this drought started!

September? At least you don't have to wait till November :rolleyes:

It seems as though the GC is worse though, still waiting for my friend to get Pikmin so I can so what it's like but still yet to be released here.

UnitedKingdom
06-24-2002, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by Jason-XBA

September? At least you don't have to wait till November :rolleyes:

It seems as though the GC is worse though, still waiting for my friend to get Pikmin so I can so what it's like but still yet to be released here.

Unlucky mate, what a sad state of affairs were in. I wish I'd got an American xbox first time round! Don't you feel like were not important to microsoft!:mad:

Rancey
06-24-2002, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by UnitedKingdom

Unlucky mate, what a sad state of affairs were in. I wish I'd got an American xbox first time round! Don't you feel like were not important to microsoft!:mad:

Well I don't buy that it takes so long to convert from NTSC to PAL, and yeah, I am annoyed we have to wait as long as we do. On the other hand, at least we can see what games we should look forward to, and what to stray away from, and other things like E-Vader mentioning the DOA3 booster disk in US.

But hey, if nothing else, at least those of us who bought them early got loyalty packs :D ;)

Taranis
06-24-2002, 07:55 AM
I must be honest, I don't much care about your plight there in the UK. I figure it will give you time to study up on your grammar and spelling (i.e. "outrageous delays is makeing").

I figure 3 years ago, we might not have even known what was getting released where or when until it showed up in our stores. You should be glad you have the XBox at all. Or, you could have bought a US box and then you could order your games from the US as well.

Quit whining.

CoMATOSE
06-24-2002, 08:04 AM
i don't wanna sound like a grungy old git but those loyalty packs weren't free they were compensation......we paid £100 more than anyone else, we only made £15 on the deal. And lets face it the list 2 choose from was crap and now i have a cruddy copy of azurik that will for ever remain unfinished......

make no mistake though, this is normalty on all the consoles in the uk...xbox is only marginly the worst:D
even uk made games such as those by lionhead and rare come here 2nd or even last!!

lets just hope that soon there will be sooooooo many great games coming out, we don't notice the wait between them!

CodeMonkey
06-24-2002, 10:27 AM
Hey I know how you feel, but all I can say, is at this point, I don’t really care. I mean I get Hunter next week, which again is a delay from the US, and I will also be picking up enclave, so some all-nighters CM thinks
But hey i know what you are syaing is so true..every week i tag along to game, hoping to find somthing new....but nope just same old stuff....
:D

Spaztic
06-24-2002, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by king cadaver

If you modchip your xbox all of you problems will be resolved!

Afro Aura
06-24-2002, 09:15 PM
King Cadaver I know what you mean mate, it is a bit annoying waiting for games to be released over here in the UK so I went out and bought a US XBOX when it first came out and a PAL XBOX when it was released over here as some games to coming out here first, I think Commando 2 is released 28/6/02

It's a real shame why we have to wait I mean Rallisport Challenge was only I think a month behind the US release. I'm just waiting for the loooooong wait for Panzer Dragoon and Brute Force, this is when it's good to have a US XBOX

Hunter: The Reckoning is a pretty cool game, it's kind of hard to play it with your friends as the b@stards keep running around and get you stuck into a corner and get raped by the zombies or the boss or they blow up a car before telling you but saying that you can do the same to them hehehe, now Morrowind is a bit of a let-down as the animation is crap the graphics are not all that, it slowsdown, and the framerate is jerky now I'm into RPGs but I have to say I was shocked with this one, with all the "WOW this game is great" it ain't.
I suppose I love the Japanese RPGs these US ones are just not right for me

Make sure you get hold of Outlaw Golf it's pretty hard but it'll may you laugh if your playing with friends

Genesis
06-24-2002, 11:47 PM
The thing is we shouldn't have to spend 100's of $$ buying and importing NTSC stuff. Doing that costs a bundle. I agree that XBOX is America's baby, cause europe doesn't get squat in terms of games. I'm dead sick of not seeing any new titles in the stores, which really turns me off the whole concept of owning an XBOX. In my opinion they've been damn slack getting PAL releases out. Knew I should've got a PS2...

Cyas,

Taranis
06-25-2002, 08:12 AM
Consider this: Until today, Nintendo hasn't shipped a new game for the GameCube in six months. At least, you don't own one of those.

Nato King
06-25-2002, 08:20 AM
Let me tell you guys what I do. I am from bermuda like you all know and when I want some games I ask my cousin in Delware to buy them for me and send the games down by mail. All I have to do is give him the money. I love my cousin.:)

faceoff508
06-25-2002, 08:29 AM
Its not Microsofts fault!!! Morrowind is being published by Bethasda(sp) so it controls the money and where to sell it. Micosoft cant do anything!!! But if mMicrosoft published it then it would be in the UK after a month. I went on the UK site and I found that UC, Brute Force etc, are comming to the UK after a month from the US release!

So ITAS NOT MICROSOFTS FAULT!! ITs the publishers!!

Afro Aura
06-25-2002, 02:41 PM
I know what your saying Faceoff508, I just think Microsoft should slap them around a bit, and tell them to get there heads out of their arses and release the games over here in the UK and stop this "we've sold that many games over here" it's annoying and it ain't called for we want games not stats

Over here I walk into stores to see if a new game has just been released and all I see is the same old games just sitting there gathering dust, the new ones like Agent Under Fire, SSX Tricky, Blood Omen 2, Spiderman are just PS2 titles and they don't look that much better on the XBOX

CoMATOSE
06-25-2002, 03:17 PM
as u can see, i've made a few grungy already... BUT!! one thing that should be made absolutly clear is that this is the case on all consoles.....

gamecube wont get resi evil or eternal darkness till september either...

and FFX has only just been released for PS2 last month i thinks...

lets face it its sumthing with have had and always will hav to deal with, and its expensive to import anyway....... look on the bright side......... we can ignore twats like taranis who make twatish comments and well are just twats!!:D

EHWfedPres
06-25-2002, 03:24 PM
Hey, the UK is getting Enclave before the USA does, lets go cry about it!