PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Lee or not to be?

Lazarus
06-23-2002, 07:20 PM
I am a Bruce Lee fan. Hardcore Bruce Lee fan, and I can tell you- I am going to buy the game. Even if it sucks- I am just going to buy it to surround myself,...and now my Xbox with the glory of this great person. The thing I worry about though- is whether the game does the man justice. This is not some interpretation of a cartoon charater to a game, this is man who had great philosophies and a great understanding of the matial arts. How will Ronin do? Will they do him justice, or will they turn him into some cheap enterprising gesture? This is what I fear- Bruce Lee deserves to be one of the most anicipated games out there, but instead he fades in and out of the press. I am scared that even if the game is mediocre, Bruce Lee's legend will fade into obscurity in later years if our generation (through our Xboxes) dont connect with him... For my poll,..Im gonna say that nothing can do him justice, but I have high hopes for the game....

Nato King
06-23-2002, 07:54 PM
I love bruce lee myself and I can't wait until this game comes out. I just want to see what people think of this game before I even think of looking into this game. I might buy it if I have the money.:)

Snoopy7548
06-23-2002, 08:01 PM
i hope its good, bruce lee was the mack daddy. lol.

CodeMonkey
06-23-2002, 08:18 PM
I taught the little midge everything he knows..

Just hope the heart removal move is in there..
Cant wait to rip some dudes heart out..
MWAHAHAHAHAHA

NomadLLama
06-23-2002, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by CodeMonkey

MWAHAHAHAHAHA

what? he did not cut anyone's heart out. ( at least i do not remember that.) he never even dismembered a body. he just beat the crap out of them. nunchucks(how do u spell it?? we say it differently in chinese) the story of this game looks a bit strange, but hey if its bruce, then im getting it!

Nato King
06-23-2002, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
i hope its good, bruce lee was the mack daddy. lol.

I know what you mean Bruce lee was the man than and he is tell now the man. But I think Jet lee is some what like bruce lee they both have the same last name hahaha.:) That is so funny

CodeMonkey
06-23-2002, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by NomadLLama

what? he did not cut anyone's heart out. ( at least i do not remember that.) he never even dismembered a body. he just beat the crap out of them. nunchucks(how do u spell it?? we say it differently in chinese) the story of this game looks a bit strange, but hey if its bruce, then im getting it!

LOL Of course he did… u not watched his movies? I think it’s the one where he is in an ice factory..

NomadLLama
06-23-2002, 11:46 PM
ice factory, i remember that, but i just recall him smashing people with the ice. bruce has been slashed my swords and hit with fireworks in movies and more... i even watched some of his movies in chinese. one with a guy named Wu. bruce used a stick to fight him, while Wu was using a sword. then bruce kicked his ass and Wu got hung and you could see the tongue. but im not sure if that one was in chinese or english. personally, i like him better than Jackie chan. but Jackie is comedy. Jet Li would be today's bruce, just he is still not as good.

DIGITAL
06-24-2002, 10:16 AM
the game got 4 stars out of 5 in the new stuff magazine,im gonna pick up a copy next week!

Shadow20002
06-24-2002, 10:47 AM
Bruce Lee is the one who make the martial arts so fantastic in movies. I am personaly think this game will remember all the fans of him. I am not sure to buy this now but in the future.....

UltimateAg
06-24-2002, 10:47 AM
Back when I was teetering on whether to spend my money upgrading my pc or on an xbox, I then found out they were going to make a Bruce Lee game for xbox--and my decision was made. It doesn't matter how good or bad the game is, there's no way it could live up to my expectations for what a Bruce Lee game should be. But it doesn't matter, any game made in Bruce Lee's image will always be welcome as long as it's not a disgrace.

UltimateAg
06-24-2002, 10:50 AM

LOL Of course he did… u not watched his movies? I think it’s the one where he is in an ice factory..

That's Fist of Fury, his first movie where he played the lead role. But he didn't rip the guys heart out I don't think.

Tkf5000
06-25-2002, 01:37 PM
Is this thread about the game or fighting about if he ripped a heart out?lol.

UltimateAg
06-25-2002, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Tkf5000
Is this thread about the game or fighting about if he ripped a heart out?lol.

Both. :D Because if he did rip his heart out then it might be a move in the game, so they are related!

Tkf5000
06-25-2002, 02:23 PM
oooo.i don think theres is heart ripping. ask the developers. i usta bug bethesda everyday about stoopid questions like that b4 morrowind came out.

DZNUTZ
06-25-2002, 04:32 PM
btw...ebworld.com is offering a free dvd with bruce preorder.

spliffdUP
06-25-2002, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by NomadLLama
ice factory, i remember that, but i just recall him smashing people with the ice. bruce has been slashed my swords and hit with fireworks in movies and more... i even watched some of his movies in chinese. one with a guy named Wu. bruce used a stick to fight him, while Wu was using a sword. then bruce kicked his ass and Wu got hung and you could see the tongue. but im not sure if that one was in chinese or english. personally, i like him better than Jackie chan. but Jackie is comedy. Jet Li would be today's bruce, just he is still not as good.

Jet Li is just as good as Bruce Lee if not better. I'm not trying to disrespect Bruce Lee or anything but Jet Li could kick his ass if they ever would have fought. Jet Li trained at a Shaolin temple under the most extreme training conditions. If anyone ever saw how they train there youd know what I'm talking about. Shaolin Monks are as close to invincible as you can get, and although Jet Li didnt train there all his life he could beat adults by the time he was 12. I'll probably get the Bruce Lee game cause I like martial arts, but I hope that someday there will be a Jet Li game.

Caleb-X
07-03-2002, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by spliffdUP

Jet Li is just as good as Bruce Lee if not better. I'm not trying to disrespect Bruce Lee or anything but Jet Li could kick his ass if they ever would have fought. Jet Li trained at a Shaolin temple under the most extreme training conditions. If anyone ever saw how they train there youd know what I'm talking about. Shaolin Monks are as close to invincible as you can get, and although Jet Li didnt train there all his life he could beat adults by the time he was 12. I'll probably get the Bruce Lee game cause I like martial arts, but I hope that someday there will be a Jet Li game.

You must be joking ?

Bruce Lee was the best, will always be the best, end of story.

No one ever beat Bruce Lee, he would be challenged for fights everyday by people on the street, or wherever he went.

Scarlet Spider
07-03-2002, 12:44 PM
hey laz, whats up man??
anyway, my mom was going to get it for me last night but they didnt have it at wal-mart, so im going to have to go look around today, i wasnt smart and pre order like you.

spliffdUP
07-03-2002, 03:47 PM
It doesnt matter if Bruce Lee beat up people everyday, people werent as tough or violent back then. Most of the people he beat up were just regular guys not martial arts masters like Jet Li trained with. Jet Li has probably never even gotten in a real fight in his life but I guarantee he could kill anyone in the world in a matter of minutes if he wanted too, except Shaolin Monks who are equally as deadly.

UltimateAg
07-03-2002, 05:52 PM
It doesnt matter if Bruce Lee beat up people everyday, people werent as tough or violent back then. Most of the people he beat up were just regular guys not martial arts masters like Jet Li trained with. Jet Li has probably never even gotten in a real fight in his life but I guarantee he could kill anyone in the world in a matter of minutes if he wanted too, except Shaolin Monks who are equally as deadly.

You have no freakin' clue what you're talking about! On the set of nearly every movie he made martial artists, not actors, challenged him, he never lost! So Bruce got into real fights, not movie fights like your hero Jet. And Chuck Norris, who I will obviously have to inform you won virtually every major karate title between 1965 to 1970, stated that without a doubt Bruce Lee is the greatest martial artist to ever live. To claim that Jet Li would defeat Bruce just because he trained as a Shaolin monk is ridiculous, you don't know who would win and neither do I. But my money would without a doubt be on Bruce just because you fall into the exact trap that Bruce talked about. You claim that one style is better than all others, by doing so you constrain yourself to the limits of that style. Whereas Bruce, with the ability to adapt is constrained by nothing.

"Use no way as a way, No limitation as a limitation."...Bruce Lee

you've already lost

X-Factor
07-04-2002, 10:05 AM

Jet Li is just as good as Bruce Lee if not better. I'm not trying to disrespect Bruce Lee or anything but Jet Li could kick his ass if they ever would have fought. Jet Li trained at a Shaolin temple under the most extreme training conditions. If anyone ever saw how they train there youd know what I'm talking about. Shaolin Monks are as close to invincible as you can get, and although Jet Li didnt train there all his life he could beat adults by the time he was 12. I'll probably get the Bruce Lee game cause I like martial arts, but I hope that someday there will be a Jet Li game. Bruce Lee was the greatest martial artist ever to walk the face of the earth, and will ALWAYS be the greatest martial artist till the end of time. Period.

Tkf5000
07-04-2002, 11:35 AM
IGN has a review of this game and it dont sound to good. But im still buying the gamei dont care it looks cool. Ive had some games that people say suck and they were good.

spliffdUP
07-04-2002, 03:24 PM
I know theres no way to tell who would win between Jet Li and Bruce Lee but I'd definately put my money on Jet Li. Its not about which style is better either cause Jet Li knows Jeet Kun Do plus many others that Bruce Lee never even heard of. And who cares what Chuck Norris said of course he thinks Bruce Lee's the greatest, who else was better back then. It's all because Bruce Lee was the first really great martial artist that people think he's the best ever, but people evolve and get better. If Jet Li was around in the 70s and Bruce Lee was here now everyone would think Jet Li was the greatest.

cityson
07-04-2002, 07:56 PM
I know theres no way to tell who would win between Jet Li and Bruce Lee but I'd definately put my money on Jet Li. Its not about which style is better either cause Jet Li knows Jeet Kun Do plus many others that Bruce Lee never even heard of. And who cares what Chuck Norris said of course he thinks Bruce Lee's the greatest, who else was better back then. It's all because Bruce Lee was the first really great martial artist that people think he's the best ever, but people evolve and get better. If Jet Li was around in the 70s and Bruce Lee was here now everyone would think Jet Li was the greatest.

Jet Li, Bruce Lee....GET OUT OF HERE~ Jackie Chan's the best. all the way.

X-Factor
07-05-2002, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by cityson

Jet Li, Bruce Lee....GET OUT OF HERE~ Jackie Chan's the best. all the way. Jackie Chan???

You honestly have to be joking (honestly)...:rolleyes:

Tkf5000
07-08-2002, 08:24 AM
jackie chan aint better are u stoopid or sumthin hes just comedy hes nowhere near as good as bruce lee when it comes to fighting, if you could bring bruce back for a day he would definitaley win againt jackie anyday.

Spaztic
07-08-2002, 04:49 PM

MWAHAHAHAHAHA

thats Jim Carreys move in dumb and dumber....don't know about Bruce Lee though!