PDA

View Full Version : Why your games don't load.

wweomaniac
06-23-2002, 09:20 PM
I was at a halo party today and my dis was not getin read by the xbox. I tried turning it off then back on, but it didn't work. Then I realized there were finger prints on the side of the disc. Just a small one. You would think it wouldnt affect it, but it does. I usually just grab the side of the disc when removing it from the xbox, but appearantly thats not good.

Did you know:
(well i heard this) xbox dvd player reads from outside in rather then inside to outside. [another way to prevent burned games]

so I tried to clean the disc with water. Put it back in, didn't work.
Then I tried it again. Didn't work.

I was frantic b/c i didn't want to buy a new halo disc.

THEN I USED ALCOHOL LENS CLEANER. alcohol is what official disc cleaners use appearantly. The game worked!!

so the moral is
don't remove your disc by holding the outside of the disc. Use the hole.

If your disc won't read, use alcohol to clean it.

i've seen a lot of threads about how their games won't read or what not. so just try what i told you first.

Toonz
06-23-2002, 11:30 PM
LoL inside out, outside in, makes no diff the DC works that way as well.

wweomaniac
06-23-2002, 11:32 PM
meh.. thats what i heard. So nothing much.
It's just that I saw like 3 different posts about games not laoding this past week, and then all of a sudden, it happened to me. I thought I would let those who had problems know how I fixed it.

Toonz
06-23-2002, 11:37 PM
Tis all kewl thanks for the tip :D

Young_Fledgling
06-24-2002, 12:48 AM
i have a lens cleaner for my xbox.... it is cool... but thanks for the tip on the dirty discs... i could never think of what to use!

E-Vader
06-24-2002, 04:43 AM
A friend of mine borrowed one of my PS2 discs once and one of his kids scratched it so it would not read any more, so he said he would replace it, but 'cause the disc was knackerd anyway he tried some cut and polish on it and what do you know the games runs fine now. Go figure.

Hugh_Jass
06-24-2002, 08:13 AM
1) I never touch the surface of my XBOX games, ( or CDs or DVDs for that matter)

2) I never let anyone else handle my discs

3) I never have problems loading games

wweomaniac
06-24-2002, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
1) I never touch the surface of my XBOX games, ( or CDs or DVDs for that matter)

2) I never let anyone else handle my discs

3) I never have problems loading games

Wow... I do like the exact opposite of you. I remove the disc holding the outer edge of the disc. My friends are always over removing the discs however the hell they feel like... I even left my xbox at my friends hosue yesterday.

Snoopy7548
06-24-2002, 12:40 PM
i usually put my middle finger in the hole (lol) when im taking it out, then i put the rest of my fingers around the disc and take it out. there are fingerprints around the outside of most of my discs, but ive had no trouble with them loading or anything.

Spaztic
06-24-2002, 12:47 PM
dosn't matter which way the dvd is read in the xbox, games can still be pirated....Besides I always remove the disk by the middle hole and never had a reading problem!

Snake Eyez
06-24-2002, 01:03 PM
Water won't work to dissolve the grease that is found in the fingerprints. You have to use something like alcohol to cut the grease. Acetone would work also, but will remove some of the plastic. Rubbing alcohol will work also.

guitargod711
06-24-2002, 02:43 PM
I've been a cpu tech for some time and here's how I clean the discs. I use one of those devices that you put the disc in, spray it, close the lid and turn the handle on the cover 13 times SLOWLY clockwise. Another thing that alot of people don't know is that the most sensative, destructable part of a disc is the top of it. Not the bottom. I clean both sides of the disc using the above mentioned device. It works great. I would NEVER and advise everyone not to ever put a laser lens cleaner in the Xbox. That would be very bad indeed!.Those lens cleaners are the worst invention anybody ever came up with. They knock your lens out of alignment and can scratch the lens cover. Most of the repairs that come in the shop are due to faulty cd rom or dvd rom drives and everybody i ask with a faulty drive has used a lens cleaner. The same goes for VCR's and anything else.

Derek_00
06-24-2002, 03:05 PM
I have two small brothers and even though i am very careful i have loading problems because of them and their lack of respect for the discs and the console, I only have this problem once and a while, but i give them directions on how to handle the disc but i guess they just refuse to listen. I think they are due for a pumbling

Hugh_Jass
06-25-2002, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Derek_00
I think they are due for a pumbling

Pumbling? I assume you mean “pummeling”.