PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind - leveling up and other Q's



ekimlil
06-24-2002, 09:20 AM
1) Can someone gives me some idea of a good way to practice my fighting skills. I am still to weak to handle most characters and need to get better before I can move forward.

2) If my unarmored status is at around 20 and I put on a peice of armor that is level 10, is my armor rating now 10 or 30?

3) What am I supposed to use with a steel crossbow? I have tried steel arrows but those don't work. Is it the steal bolts?

4) Is there any way to kill the "bad people" in Balmora one at a time? They are always in the council club and when I attack one, they all attack me.

That's it for now, thanks. I just started playing yesterday and have had a great time so far.

SkoalMint
06-24-2002, 11:01 AM
First welcome to XBA. I'm sure you'll like it here. Now down to business.

Originally posted by ekimlil
1) Can someone gives me some idea of a good way to practice my fighting skills. I am still to weak to handle most characters and need to get better before I can move forward.

Try going out in the wilderness. Kill alot of rats and such to enhance your fighting skills.


Originally posted by ekimlil
2) If my unarmored status is at around 20 and I put on a peice of armor that is level 10, is my armor rating now 10 or 30?

The way I understand it, if unarmored is your skill of choice, it may be best to not wear any. However, just equip/unequip items and look at your armor level (shown right below the image of your character in the equipment screen.)


Originally posted by ekimlil
3) What am I supposed to use with a steel crossbow? I have tried steel arrows but those don't work. Is it the steal bolts?

Crossbows use Bolts. Bows use Arrows.


Originally posted by ekimlil
4) Is there any way to kill the "bad people" in Balmora one at a time? They are always in the council club and when I attack one, they all attack me.

That's it for now, thanks. I just started playing yesterday and have had a great time so far.

You can fight the one upstairs and the one downstairs separately. Just keep taunting them until they attack you. However, its still gonna be three on one with the others.

Alien
06-24-2002, 01:44 PM
For the large clusters, if you're a good mage, make a really powerful spell with a large area and just cast it like on the middle floor. Dre did that I think...

Dre
06-24-2002, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Alien
For the large clusters, if you're a good mage, make a really powerful spell with a large area and just cast it like on the middle floor. Dre did that I think...

Yup, it came sort of as a surprise too. I made a spell at the spellmaker in Balmora's mages guild that had an area effect of 30ft. When I cast it, it killed everyone I could see. Then I walked downstairs and there were dead people, then I went all the way upstairs and there was dead people there as well. It was quite a satisfying experience :)

As far as the original posters questions, Skoalmint did a very good job at giving answers. However, I just want to expand a bit on his first two replies:

1) The way that you level up is by using your major and minor skills. At level 1 its normal that you'll be having a hard-time even hitting a rat. Just try to use a weapon/spell of the same class/school as your skills. If you need a more in depth explanation of how leveling up works, reply in this thread or PM me.

2) If you chose unarmored as a skill, your best bet is not wearing armor at all. If you have something such as light armor as a skill, as that skill increases your armor rating for a specific piece of light armor will go up. Its as if your more adept at wearing the armor when your skill increases and thus get more out of wearing it.

AppoX
06-24-2002, 01:56 PM
1 - best thing is to just walk around outside of a town and find some mudcrabs or other small creatures that u can kill to get ur skills up a bit then go into dungons.

2 - if u specialize in unarmored then u shouldn't wear ne armor or else ur armor level will go down. just fiddle around and put on stuff and take it off to see what armor level u get.

3 - crossbows use bolts, bows use arrows. if u have a steel crossbow u can use any kind of bolt, it doesn't have to be a steel one, it could b a bondmold bolt, a silver bolt, etc.

4 - if u want u can try to taunt one guy, if ur speechcraft skill is good enough, and u successful taunt him into taking the first strike at u everyone else will help u kill him.

EHWfedPres
06-24-2002, 02:58 PM
The best thing to do is steal stuff, sell it, and buy skills. Then kill stuff/people, sell their armor/clothes of they got any, and sell it. buy more skills.

SkoalMint
06-25-2002, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by AppoX
4 - if u want u can try to taunt one guy, if ur speechcraft skill is good enough, and u successful taunt him into taking the first strike at u everyone else will help u kill him.

This didn't work for me in the Council Club. When I taunted one in the room where there were 3 "bad people," not only did all three of them attack me, but the one upstairs and the one downstairs came after me too. So it was 5 on 1. The bartender just watched it all go down.

John002
06-25-2002, 07:27 AM
Want some fighting expereince?
Kill all those NPC's asking you to escort them somewhere. I'm sick of that. They never give you much anyway. They ask me, they die.
:mad:

Alien
06-25-2002, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by SkoalMint


This didn't work for me in the Council Club. When I taunted one in the room where there were 3 "bad people," not only did all three of them attack me, but the one upstairs and the one downstairs came after me too. So it was 5 on 1. The bartender just watched it all go down. Same for me, I put up an okay fight, I think I nailed one or two...but it was too overwhelming.