PDA

View Full Version : newbie here with new xbox

FLATTOP
06-24-2002, 10:20 AM
I just got my xbox on saturday and rushed to the store and got halo and YES it is worth the hype, the game is incredible. The controls took a little while to get used to and driving the warthog was a blast. I am very pleased with the xbox. one question... when I unpacked the instruction manual there was a little white card with a sticker on it, what is that? and what is it for?

wweomaniac
06-24-2002, 10:24 AM
white card, with white sticker? I don't think I ever had one of those... IT'S A BOMB!!!!! RUN!!!!!! prolly not.

Congrats on getting your xbox though and welcome to XBA.

OppiumNitrates
06-24-2002, 10:29 AM
dont knwo about the white sticker . .. what does it look like and does it say anything . . .

BTW wellcoem to XBA and good choice with the Xbox . . . Halo is wonderful

UltimateAg
06-24-2002, 10:34 AM
Did it have the serial #'s or something on it? Is it for the warranty maybe? Welcome to XBA. Where in TX are you, I'm in Houston.

Veno
06-24-2002, 10:43 AM
Dude, you're the 4 millionth customer to buy an xbox! You won a million dollars! You lucky bastard mother f*cker.

ha.

Nato King
06-24-2002, 11:00 AM
All I have to say is that you brought the prefect game for you xbox. Halo was the first game I got for my xbox to and I don't think I will be selling it any time soon.

Again I say welcome to xboxaddict.com. This is the best xbox site now and always be the best xbox site.:)

SkoalMint
06-24-2002, 11:18 AM
Welcome Flattop and congrats. I still recall with fondness the day I first manned the controls of a warthog.

<<<<<<<wipes the lone tear drop from his cheek

Xbox Owner
06-24-2002, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Veno
Dude, you're the 4 millionth customer to buy an xbox! You won a million dollars! You lucky bastard mother f*cker.

ha.

lol, i knew i shouldn't of bought my xbox on launch date:mad: lol

I don't know what the white sticker is, though. But welcome to xba.

FLATTOP
06-24-2002, 12:16 PM
thx everyone for the nice welcome. UltimateAG, I am in a small town in east texas called Longview. not sure how to describe the sticker, it doesnt say anything but I can hold it up to the light and look throught it and its like a square with a line that starts at the outside edge and goes round and round until it gets to the middle and there is the letter L in the center of the square. I tried to peel the sticker off the card but it doesnt come off easy so I just left it.. anyway thx again for the welcome and whats the next best game after halo?

OppiumNitrates
06-24-2002, 12:25 PM
if u like RPGs . . . Morrowind
if u like action. . . . Hunter
if u like racers . . . . Moto GP
if u like sports(depending on whcih sport) . . . outlaw golf, NFL Feaver, NHL 02

Alien
06-24-2002, 01:36 PM
I didn't get a little white sticker. I want a little white sticker....

Welcome to XBA!

EHWfedPres
06-24-2002, 01:39 PM
Halo is good, Morrowind is better. After you get bored with halo, pick up the elder scrolls 3.

SkoalMint
06-24-2002, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by FLATTOP
thx everyone for the nice welcome. UltimateAG, I am in a small town in east texas called Longview. not sure how to describe the sticker, it doesnt say anything but I can hold it up to the light and look throught it and its like a square with a line that starts at the outside edge and goes round and round until it gets to the middle and there is the letter L in the center of the square. I tried to peel the sticker off the card but it doesnt come off easy so I just left it.. anyway thx again for the welcome and whats the next best game after halo?

I've seen those stickers before. I believe they are some kind of security device used by stores to trigger some type of alarm during theft. I could be wrong tho.

slipknot_maggot
06-24-2002, 02:36 PM
I think that the reason he got a white sticker it's because he got the case where it said "Game of the year".
Is this the case where Halo came?

http://www.gamestop.com/common/images/lbox/210001b.jpg

If it is now we know why he got that white sticker. By the way welcome to the beautiful world of xbox dude.

Later

Slipknot ****in' Rules!!!

Keep Hardcore Alive!!!

Maggot # 1

DrUnKtAnK
06-24-2002, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by SkoalMint

I've seen those stickers before. I believe they are some kind of security device used by stores to trigger some type of alarm during theft. I could be wrong tho.

I'll bet that's exactly what it is....Go stick it in someone you know's wallet or bookbag :)
Oh and by the way, welcome to XBX!

DIGITAL
06-24-2002, 04:42 PM
welcome and you should be very happy with your xbox ,i sure know i am!

Tkf5000
06-24-2002, 05:42 PM
yea that sticker is a security thing. they have them at some stores. i got one before. stick it one someone in the store when they exit\enter and the buzzzer will go off and u can laugh and run away, just a suggestion:D

Shorezy
06-24-2002, 06:20 PM
Congrats and welcome to XBA! As for the white thing with the sticker. I don't think we can help ya there!:confused:

Integra Man
06-24-2002, 09:22 PM
Welcome and congrats enjoy ur x-box;)

ohh the white sticker that means ull have a lot of luck in the future:confused:

Laxeph
06-24-2002, 10:53 PM
Hey welcome. It is nice to see someone actually admit to being a n00b. Well, Xbox will not disappoint. As for the sticker thing, I am guessin that it is a security device.

Tkf5000
06-25-2002, 11:58 AM
Yea most newbies wont admit their n00bs. They make up crap like "uhh.... i had to get a new name cuz uh...yea whatever. how do you work this site i dont understand it". Xbox rules and its graphical capabilaties are awesome. play DOA3 and youll see. An make sure u get Official Xbox Magazine (OXM). OXM rules. and it doesnt make up crappy lies like PSmagazine. My friend had one about E3 and itsad all these lies i bout ripped it up. It said ps as the best and its internet was the best(thats not what we tohught wen it lagged up lol).

squid413
06-26-2002, 07:18 PM
Hey man nice job on the purchace. It must of taken a lot of skill. LOL Welcome to XBA, the best xbox site on the net.

BCan
06-27-2002, 07:56 AM
.......Tries to remember those days way back when, before Episode 2, when Halo came into my life......

I'm about to be an XBOX Online noob as of Tuesday, broadband installed then, and will have a Switch and all the cables not long after...........

UnitedKingdom
06-27-2002, 08:05 AM
Welcome to xba FLATTOP, see ya round the threads.