PDA

View Full Version : XBOX mod chip

Highlite23
06-24-2002, 01:17 PM
For those of you who are into cracking open your consoles this is for you:

http://www.members.tripod.com/highlite23/id70.htm

CodeMonkey
06-24-2002, 01:19 PM
There has been a ton of threads like this one, but thanks for the info..
I’m gonna wait till the warranty goes on mine before I do anything to it, dont want to end up with a large paperweight
:D

Frostberg
06-24-2002, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by CodeMonkey
There has been a ton of threads like this one, but thanks for the info..
I’m gonna wait till the warranty goes on mine before I do anything to it, dont want to end up with a large paperweight
:D

Yeah but if you are brave enough to crack it open you better know exactly what to do...I would be more worried about me sodering something I wasn't supposed to and messing it up myself than the Xbox actually breaking down where I would need a warranty...

Scarlet Spider
06-24-2002, 01:27 PM
im wating till they get down to 8 or 9 wires. 30-40 is too much for me

Dre
06-24-2002, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg-XBA

Yeah but if you are brave enough to crack it open you better know exactly what to do...I would be more worried about me sodering something I wasn't supposed to and messing it up myself than the Xbox actually breaking down where I would need a warranty...

Nothing like voiding the warranty only to mess up your xbox 15 minutes later.

Myself, I will wait until there is actually a media player, emulators, etc, that have been out for a while and tested by many before modding my xbox. I love the fact that I can have these features, but I'm not going to be someone's beta tester either.

Spaztic
06-24-2002, 03:55 PM
Emulators have been made and proven to work already. Also a program that hooks your pc up to the xbox so you can play divx movies off you computers harddrive have been made and works, also the xbox media player has been released and it plays mp3, divx, and svcd. So there is honestly nothing to wait for.....If you don't want to hack you xbox because you think you will break it...well that is fine, but you got to be a dumbass to start messing stuff when sodiering the board, if you take your time even the most technically challanged person should be able to make it work! More info is provided, flame free, just following the link on my sig!

Snoopy7548
06-24-2002, 04:53 PM
im waiting until they get an external mod, ill never open my xbox and solder anything. i wouldnt even solder a chip to my ps1, so i most definitely wont solder anything to my xbox, lol. anyway, i read on xboxhacker.net that microsoft could come up with an anti-mod thing (just like sony did with the ps1), which would make all of the modchips obsolete. so if u bought one, and microsoft does that, its like 100 bucks down the drain, and youre stuck with a voided xbox that cant play copied games, lol.:D :)

mahalan
06-24-2002, 05:48 PM
Hmmmm...I can void my warranty and risk trashing my Xbox in order to play VCDs and DIVX movies. Can't I already play VCDs in my DVD player? Where the heck does one even find DIVX movies outside of Asia anymore? Gee, that sounds like a great deal. Maybe next I'll hack off my hand so I can have a nifty prosthetic too.

Come up with something that'll let me load a full version of the Windows operating system on my Xbox and use all that nifty hardware that you get for $199 as a decent computer and you've got a deal. I do that for everyone in my company and save a fortune in hardware.

Spaztic
06-24-2002, 05:53 PM
most dvd players can play vcd, but not divx....and divx is any movie in .avi format which is basically any movie you can find on irc.