PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Game storage NAKI G-PAK case

DrUnKtAnK
06-24-2002, 02:55 PM
Well, I learned the hard way about storing my beloved games in the NAKI case. I bought Outlaw Golf a little over a week ago and have been playing it ever since. (great game by the way) I have placed the game in the case maybe 2-3 times over the last week or so (I have very careful on how the game is inserted and taken out of the sleeve...)

:mad: On Friday, Outlaw wouldn't load after several attempts....I had to take it back to Gamestop, and thank god I had a receipt, they exchanged it for new (it even had slight, i mean slight scratch..)

Don't get me wrong the case kick a s s for normal/portable xbox gaming, but from now on I guess I going to use a different mode of storge for the games....

VenoM
06-24-2002, 03:05 PM
hmm....judging by your name maybe you were drunk each time you put and took a game out of the sleeve :p joking...i have one but havnt used it yet...i have 2 of them really,different models...dont use them since i dont take my xbox anywhere

DrUnKtAnK
06-24-2002, 03:24 PM
The case is great, but I guess due to the XBOX game media being DVD it is very sensitive to ANYTHING on the disc....I guess I have to be more careful..............Strange thing is that my HALO disc has many scratches on it and it still works flawlessly (thank god):D

Frostberg
06-24-2002, 03:25 PM
I don't trust it. I'm kinda funny like this but I just would rather bring the Games in their original cases with manuals and such. But in the pockets for the instructons I have put the demo discs in their paper sleeves.

mtbaird5687
06-24-2002, 03:31 PM
i put my games into the slevves and they seem to be fine.

just curious how do yall play when your playing with it inside the case. i unzipp it all the way so it can vent from the sides and unvelcro the back and put thw cords through and leave the top down. so the games touch the top. how do yall do yours.

also when i velcro it up the velcro doesnt seem to attach all the way. it seems secure but im just curious

DrUnKtAnK
06-24-2002, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by mtbaird5687
i put my games into the slevves and they seem to be fine.

just curious how do yall play when your playing with it inside the case. i unzipp it all the way so it can vent from the sides and unvelcro the back and put thw cords through and leave the top down. so the games touch the top. how do yall do yours.

also when i velcro it up the velcro doesnt seem to attach all the way. it seems secure but im just curious

Just like this : http://www.nakiusa.com/images/gpak_home.jpg
and sometimes just with the back lid open and everything else closed up......

Frostberg
06-24-2002, 03:49 PM
I just leave it how it is...you have to unvelcro the back for the cables and you have to unzip the front to put in games...I only unzip the front just enough though, I dont have it opened so you can see the game sleeves or anything...

wweomaniac
06-24-2002, 04:18 PM
yeah, my halo disc wouldnt work at my freinds house yesterday after I removed it from my naki case. I don't think it was because of the case, I think it was because of my finger print. I cleaned it off with alcohol and it worked fine after. Did you try cleanign with alcohol?

gula
06-24-2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
yeah, my halo disc wouldnt work at my freinds house yesterday after I removed it from my naki case. I don't think it was because of the case, I think it was because of my finger print. I cleaned it off with alcohol and it worked fine after. Did you try cleanign with alcohol?

Yep, rubbing alcohol, the best thing to clean CD's.

Shorezy
06-24-2002, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg-XBA
I don't trust it. I'm kinda funny like this but I just would rather bring the Games in their original cases with manuals and such. But in the pockets for the instructons I have put the demo discs in their paper sleeves.

I do the same thing as Frost. Try protecting them with slip covers or sumthin. The case is great, and you should keep usin it, but i understand where your comin from when sumthing like that happens to a new game.

CodeMonkey
06-24-2002, 06:32 PM
I got my nana to stitch some antistatic pouches in there…so the discs slide in like silk.. No scratches

:D

monkeyman
06-24-2002, 07:25 PM
i always just leave em in there and have never had any problems with it i could see how it would scratch it though but why would they make it so it would scratch?

DrUnKtAnK
06-25-2002, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by CodeMonkey
I got my nana to stitch some antistatic pouches in there…so the discs slide in like silk.. No scratches

:D

Great idea...man I wish my grandma lived closer. I may have to send it to her....

You and your NANA should startup a site and market yourselves :)

DrUnKtAnK
06-25-2002, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by monkeyman
i always just leave em in there and have never had any problems with it i could see how it would scratch it though but why would they make it so it would scratch?

I have no idea, the discs stay in the case only when they are not in the xbox its self. The only thing I can think of is that dust ? found it's way on to the back of the disc and over time from inserting and taking the games out just scratched them overtime....(don't get me wrong I am not bashing NAKI, just a word of warning from my experience)

Scarlet Spider
06-25-2002, 02:04 PM
i would like a g-pak but i like my backpack, i keep the games in their cases and put them in it. plus when school starts ill be pimpin with my xbox backpack!

yeah its weird, halo is the oldest game i have and its kinda scrathed up around the edges but it works fine, i had a dirty disk error once with my freinds house, but i cleaned it and it worked fine. at FYE they sell these dry cleaning cd cloths, i dont know how well they work, but i bought some (only 99 cents) so i can get the free Otep sampler cd. i havent used them though, they are in my backpack