PDA

View Full Version : Getting a DEATH warrant off my HEAD!

Ebone
06-24-2002, 04:28 PM
Can some one help me please????
I stole a kick ass shield from the place that leads into the volcano, and now i have a death warrant on my head. No matter where I go, the guards follow my and hunt me down. And when I attempt to just pay my dues they slaughter me. Help PLEASE.. I did hear that you can join the theives guild to get the bounty off your head but i'm already a member of the fighters guild. HELP!

EHWfedPres
06-24-2002, 04:32 PM
Go to the Southwall Corner Club in Balmora. join the thieves guild. talk to the guy downstairs behind the conuter about a 'price on your head'. before doing this, drop your gold on the ground and then say you'll pay him the money. You'll get it off for free. Pick up your money and be on your way. :)

Ebone
06-24-2002, 04:54 PM
But is their any way to get out of this situation WITHOUT joining the Thieves guild? I don't think my character would make a very good thieve and i currently have a pretty good standing with the fighters guild

EHWfedPres
06-24-2002, 05:26 PM
Who gives a shyt what kind of character you have, just join and use the guy downstairs for getting bounties off your head, you dont need to do anything for the guild at all.

Ebone
06-24-2002, 05:38 PM
Hey thanks, I'll give it a shot..

Ebone
06-25-2002, 08:41 AM
I went to go join the thieves guild even AFTER intentionally getting my self kicked out of the fighers guild, and the guy that looks like a cat told me that I did not meet their standards?? I tried to bribe him and he told me the same thing, AGAIN. Help please... p.s. how do you get the cube for the guy in the basement of the fighters guild? Thanks in advance

Koopa
06-25-2002, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Ebone
I went to go join the thieves guild even AFTER intentionally getting my self kicked out of the fighers guild, and the guy that looks like a cat told me that I did not meet their standards?? I tried to bribe him and he told me the same thing, AGAIN. Help please... p.s. how do you get the cube for the guy in the basement of the fighters guild? Thanks in advance

the cube is in some dwemer ruins near that lake north of vivec i think....just follow the directions the guy gave you. When you walk in, after going down a winding rock-ramp-thing and passing a door embedded in the rock wall , you'll see a 2 layer building thing...the cube is on the top, but i recommend exploring around the first level and that previously mentioned door for experience, items, etc.

Ebone
06-25-2002, 09:22 AM
Hey thanks for that tip..BUT I STILL CAN'T get rid of the death warrant, my bounty is 25,000 and I can't go anywhere w/o being mutitlated by the guards
HELP!

JJaX
06-25-2002, 09:59 AM
Hey thanks for that tip..BUT I STILL CAN'T get rid of the death warrant, my bounty is 25,000 and I can't go anywhere w/o being mutitlated by the guards
HELP!

hehehehe your in the same boat as me!!
But good thing im a level 11 combat ready machine and i can hold my own.

But this is what you can do.........(i hope! I find out tonight)

Join the mages in balmora, Talk to the lady in the hall 1 story down. After you have joined ask her "a little secret" or "a little adivice' and she will say something about a man in fort moonmoth who wants to meet you. I heard after you complete this guys mission he will clear all the bounty on your head.

I had to resort to trying to join the theives too, But i dont think they let you in if you have a certain amount of bounty. Cause my skills far surpass there minimum requirments.

But while the bounty is so high you might as well milk it and steal some real great stuff. I have some sword valued at 17,000 and orchish and dreugh(sp?) armor and all this cool stuff. Cause ive been an outlaw for about 2 weeks now. I killed the everyone the rat pot in ald-ruhn and thats what got me in this mess. But ive been good, Ive only killed like 6 people in balmora cause they wouldnt barter with me or looked at me wrong. So i killed them and took all there nice things. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

My guy looks crazy now.....

Ebone
06-25-2002, 10:22 AM
While i have yet to try your tip i appreciate the advice. I'll try it tonight too. SIDE NOTE: Will I have to get my self kicked out of the fighters guild before I join the mages guild? I thought the policy was that you can only be in 1 house at a time? Thanks, again, in advance

JJaX
06-25-2002, 11:26 AM
While i have yet to try your tip i appreciate the advice. I'll try it tonight too. SIDE NOTE: Will I have to get my self kicked out of the fighters guild before I join the mages guild? I thought the policy was that you can only be in 1 house at a time? Thanks, again, in advance

You can be in as many guilds as you want. But you can only be in one house of the 3 main houses. I think thats right. But i am postive you can be in every guild you choose to join.

Assasins
thevies
mages
fighters
Etc.........

Alien
06-25-2002, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by JJaX

You can be in as many guilds as you want. But you can only be in one house of the 3 main houses. I think thats right. But i am postive you can be in every guild you choose to join.

Assasins
thevies
mages
fighters
Etc......... Yes, true. You can be in as many Guilds as you wish to, however, you may only be in one Great House. (Hlaalu, Telavanni, Redoran). As of now, I'm in the Great House Hlaalu, Marog Tong, Theif's Guild, and the Blades.

ScorpionX
06-25-2002, 11:40 AM
I can't join the thieves guild because they say I don't qualify, but Im level 16! I've killed like 5 guards in Balmara, they just keep coming after me. Oh well, Im just going to grab everything I see from now on.

JJaX
06-25-2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by ratm1mj7
I can't join the thieves guild because they say I don't qualify, but Im level 16! I've killed like 5 guards in Balmara, they just keep coming after me. Oh well, Im just going to grab everything I see from now on.

Thats what i did ;)

But im only level 10, But i can take out a guard in Balmora. Since you already commited to "F Balmora"
Did you grab the orc armor at the armorer?
And did you get the 17000 long blade ontop of the closet in one of the guard towers? ;)

ScorpionX
06-25-2002, 12:05 PM

Thats what i did ;)

But im only level 10, But i can take out a guard in Balmora. Since you already commited to "F Balmora"
Did you grab the orc armor at the armorer?
And did you get the 17000 long blade ontop of the closet in one of the guard towers? ;)

Yep, I also went into the Mages guild and stole a 6k soul gem and a 2.4k thingie that you mix potions in.

I read somewhere that I can't remember that you can't join the thieves guild if you sign up for the fighters guild first. I don't know if its true or not.

JJaX
06-25-2002, 12:25 PM

Yep, I also went into the Mages guild and stole a 6k soul gem and a 2.4k thingie that you mix potions in.

I thought the Soul gem was worth 60K, The woman in the yellow robe right when you walk in the mages guild right?

Alien
06-25-2002, 01:09 PM

I thought the Soul gem was worth 60K, The woman in the yellow robe right when you walk in the mages guild right? Oh, man. Today in this one city...Sadrith Mora I think, this one guy had this one Soul Gem worth 90,900 gold. . It was filled with this one creature, called a Orgim or somthing like that. I think it was one of those big green fat things that they show on the Loading pages once in a while...you know, sort of look like a fatter, uglier, dumber Shrek.

Dre
06-25-2002, 01:12 PM
Azura's star (a reusable gem you get from a quest if you go to Shrine of Azura which is on the paper map) with a winged twilight in it is worth 2 100 000 gold!

JJaX
06-25-2002, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Dre
Azura's star (a reusable gem you get from a quest if you go to Shrine of Azura which is on the paper map) with a winged twilight in it is worth 2 100 000 gold!
Damn!
Whats it do?

Dre
06-25-2002, 01:19 PM

Damn!
Whats it do?

Nothing much, same as other gems :) There isn't much reason in selling it either since its a reusable gem. Its about the equivalent of a grand soul gem..

symposiumx
06-25-2002, 01:21 PM

Join the mages in balmora, Talk to the lady in the hall 1 story down. After you have joined ask her "a little secret" or "a little adivice' and she will say something about a man in fort moonmoth who wants to meet you. I heard after you complete this guys mission he will clear all the bounty on your head.

the good news is, he will clear your bounty (i.e. $17,000 or whatever)

teh bad news is, this will not take away a death warrent. I don't think anything does that!

I had a charcter that killed the mora tong guild guys...reported back to the guy at fort moonmoth...BUT, since along the way i fought some guards..and had a death warrent...the guy erased my bounty, but the guards all still wanted my head (which they promply received...on a silver platter at that!)

I think you are screwed...might as well become a vampire and kill 'em all MU HA HA HA

JJaX
06-25-2002, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by symposiumx

I think you are screwed...might as well become a vampire and kill 'em all MU HA HA HA

If i have 0 bounty but still have a death warrant will people still call me an outlaw and not like me? Cause speechcraft is a major skill of mine and i feel its a waste if i gotta kill everyone that talks to me rude

Where the vampires at?

symposiumx
06-25-2002, 01:43 PM

If i have 0 bounty but still have a death warrant will people still call me an outlaw and not like me? Cause speechcraft is a major skill of mine and i feel its a waste if i gotta kill everyone that talks to me rude

Where the vampires at?

that is a good question.....to be honest. I dont know if they will tlak to you if you have 0 bounty but have a death warrant.

If you are a vampire, it wont matter anyway...99.9% of poeple will shun you anyway then.

the vampires can be found in various ancestral tombs...but they wont even show up until you are like at least level 8+

EHWfedPres
06-25-2002, 01:50 PM
Guards that were after you when you had a death warrant still go after you. I had the guard in the armorer in Balmora after me for weeks now...killed him, and the next guard is after me now! :eek: :confused: :mad:

JJaX
06-25-2002, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Guards that were after you when you had a death warrant still go after you. I had the guard in the armorer in Balmora after me for weeks now...killed him, and the next guard is after me now! :eek: :confused: :mad:

I killed that same guard too, But when i came back a few days later there was another one in there

ScorpionX
06-25-2002, 05:02 PM
I hate running from guards in every town I go in.....I can't even get a ride on a strider.

symposiumx
06-25-2002, 05:26 PM
I hate running from guards in every town I go in.....I can't even get a ride on a strider.

that is why i started my game over!!

Plewis
06-25-2002, 07:14 PM
I never try and kill the guards... they will just be after you forever and make the game not as fun. They wont keep chasing you if you just get caught stealing or something...you only get like a 5 bounty if you kill someone but like a 15 if you pick a lock and get caught... whats up wit that?

EHWfedPres
06-25-2002, 08:03 PM
Every guard tower from Balmora to Suran has guards that are pìssed at me...oh well

Calve
06-25-2002, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Go to the Southwall Corner Club in Balmora. join the thieves guild. talk to the guy downstairs behind the conuter about a 'price on your head'. before doing this, drop your gold on the ground and then say you'll pay him the money. You'll get it off for free. Pick up your money and be on your way. :)

i tried to join the thieves guild but they say i dont have what it takes.....

what should i do???

Peace

ScorpionX
06-25-2002, 10:38 PM
The thieves guild won't let you in if you joined the fighters guild first. If I don't get the bounty off my head I won't be able to finish the game, and there is no way I am starting over.:mad:

JJaX
06-26-2002, 07:34 AM
Well i took my own advice ( [see earlier post] join mages, Get advice, Fort moonmoth mission for that guy)

Well the guy your suppost to talk to in Fort moonmoth wont let you talk to him until ive paid my dues in society and my only option is goodbye :(

Looks like i need to train in illusion and get a charm spell and see if that works on him.

Anyone know where i can learn a charm spell??? Not calm, Charm!

Ebone
06-26-2002, 08:53 AM
It's nice to see I'm not alone on this one (sigh). I appreciate everyones response, though. So I guess the only thing to do would be to start over then? I really don't want to, I'm only at a level 7 though, so I don't think that it would be THAT big of a deal. If anyone knows how to get the hell outta this pickle, please let me know!

JJaX
06-26-2002, 09:03 AM
It's nice to see I'm not alone on this one (sigh). I appreciate everyones response, though. So I guess the only thing to do would be to start over then? I really don't want to, I'm only at a level 7 though, so I don't think that it would be THAT big of a deal. If anyone knows how to get the hell outta this pickle, please let me know!

Im gonna try to do what i posted above [charm spell etc...]

But i dont mind living as an outlway. I can hold my own, repair my own stuff, heal and take anything i want. :D

symposiumx
06-26-2002, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Plewis
you only get like a 5 bounty if you kill someone but like a 15 if you pick a lock and get caught... whats up wit that?

well, that sounds like REAL life. In real life you get a way harsher sentence for robbing a federal bank than murder....its nice that we have out priorities straight ;)

EHWfedPres
06-26-2002, 10:49 AM
Someone in one of the mages guilds sells a charm spell for something like 2005 gold...and it costs around 221 magicka to cost...so I just made my own, charm for 40 points and I can charm alot of people before i run low...