PDA

View Full Version : Which great house?

jschelm
06-24-2002, 05:26 PM
I was curious which great house you guys all joined. I think they all give you a stronghold if you get high enough....right? Other than that, are there drawbacks to one house or the other?

Thanks for the help

AppoX
06-24-2002, 06:16 PM
i dunno that much about the great houses. i want to join the Redoran Great House, because i am a fighter, and i went to the Redoran canton in Vivec and i can't figure out where to join it. all help appreciated, thx.

EHWfedPres
06-24-2002, 06:52 PM
I joined Hlaalu for no reason at all...I think i needed training from a guy and had to join the house, whatever. I wanna join telvanni but dont know where to join at. :confused:

Alien
06-24-2002, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
I joined Hlaalu for no reason at all...I think i needed training from a guy and had to join the house, whatever. I wanna join telvanni but dont know where to join at. :confused: I also joined Hlaalu, because I liked how their stronghold they would give you later on in the game (I looked in my Guide Book) looked better than what the other Great Houses were to give you. :p

Dre
06-24-2002, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
I wanna join telvanni but dont know where to join at. :confused:

Sadrith Mora, Telvanni Council

Alien
06-24-2002, 10:50 PM
Can't you only join one Great House though?

SkoalMint
06-25-2002, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by Alien
Can't you only join one Great House though?

From what I have read, you can only join one great house and you are stuck with that house throughout the game. So, I'm pretty sure that EHWfedPres cannont join Telvanni now, since he has already joined Hlaalu. I haven't joined a house yet so I haven't experimented with this to verify.

Alien
06-25-2002, 06:33 AM
Unless you kill someone in Hlaalu and it is reported. Then you are expelled from Hlaalu, I dunno, you might be able to join Telvanni then.

jschelm
06-25-2002, 07:22 AM
So all of the houses will give you a stronghold, you just have to pick which house based on their ideals or the stronghold that you get?

Alien
06-25-2002, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by jschelm
So all of the houses will give you a stronghold, you just have to pick which house based on their ideals or the stronghold that you get? When you do a certain amount of quests for any of the Great Houses, they'll give you a Stronghold. And, each house is different. Hlaalu are like business people, Redoran are warriors, and Telavanni are mages and magicka using characters.

I couldn't decide which one to choose, Redoran or Hlaalu, but I liked how the Hlaalu Stronghold looked...so I picked that house. :p

Tkf5000
06-25-2002, 12:53 PM
Im in house redoran. And i was told i cant join any other houses. To join house Redoran (fighters\warriors) go to the redoran town called Ald Ruhn. An go to the redoran district in the mansion place (u cant miss it its huge!). Theres a redguard lady (Neverani i think)talk to her and she will let you join if your stats are good enough (its hard NOT to be able to join,i could of joined at lvl 1). But dont join redoran just because i told you how to join. If your a wizard join telvanni if your a theif join hlaluu.it will help a lot.its dumb to join a house your not good at because youll never get the quests done.